The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

temple-bar-2.jpg

P.S.: GFY Beav

I want to rewrite the intro. You know, since this isn't really new anymore.

And Zoots doesn't really post here much anymore.

Etc.

phillyfan26 said:
I want to rewrite the intro. You know, since this isn't really new anymore.

And Zoots doesn't really post here much anymore.

Etc.

Just Space Moon it, bro. :up:

The first Temple Bar occured in April of 2006.

It will be January 2008 in three days.

Well, we could just change the "new" things to use words like "tradition" and "legendary" and "UYMFA." You know?

phillyfan26 said:
Well, we could just change the "new" things to use words like "tradition" and "legendary" and "UYMFA." You know?

Were you around the few times that the lemon was forgotten? It wasn't pretty.

Maybe it is time for a slight adjustment. But all changes should be cleared by Bri. I'd include Zoot, but he's apparently forgotten us, so... :angry:

Lila64 said:

Go to the doctor!!!
Oh, and maybe gargle with hot salt water.
Your tip for the day.

Thanks for the tip, Lila! :hug:

I have seen the Dr, and she said it was on it's last legs. Not much I can do about it. I had been taking stuff before, but nothing worked.

I may try the salt water thing.

I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow, but I know I'm not in good enough condition to show up. I was planning on heading up to my parent's place tomorrow after work for NYE. Do I call/email work now and say I'm not coming in, and head up to their place now, or call first thing tomorrow morning and then go to the 'rents after that?

Sorry you're not feeling well, Thora. :(

Just went back and looked - your main problem is a cough? If that's the case, Delsym (I think that's how it's spelled) is a very good OTC product for coughs.

Thanks, VP. My doc also suggested a few OTC's as well. She wasn't sure if they would work much, since the cough seemed to be on it's way out. However I think I am gonna give one of them a try. If it helps that's fantastic, if not, what do I have to lose.

I'd change it to something like:

Free drinks. Lemons. UYMFA.

That's right, it's the greatest running thread in the history of Interference, The Temple Bar.

Some of the Blue Crack's most legendary posters have wasted away their work days and spent their relaxing evenings here at the Bar.

Different chat threads have come and gone. But never has one been so relevant that it's a tragedy when it hits Page 2 on the Out of Control forum.

That's a real thread. That's the Temple Bar.

I have Miracle Drug stuck in my head. First time I've had a U2 song do that in ages. :huh:

I walk around pretty much constantly with a soundtrack playing in my head at all times. I've always just assumed that it's normal, but is it, really? Does anyone else do that, or am I mentally ill? :uhoh:

Sarah does it too. Almost every day we'll ask each other at random times "what song is stuck in your head?" It's very rare that either of us says "nothing."

Maybe it's a genetic disorder I've passed on to her.

Please, someone come on and say "yes, it's normal, I do it too." :scream:

I almost always have some tune stuck in my head. Usually an actual song, but sometimes an insipid commercial jingle. :mad:

Just got back from Sweeney Todd. It was ... um ... bloody. And grim.

VintagePunk said:
Sarah does it too. Almost every day we'll ask each other at random times "what song is stuck in your head?" It's very rare that either of us says "nothing."

Maybe it's a genetic disorder I've passed on to her.

Please, someone come on and say "yes, it's normal, I do it too." :scream:

Yes, it's normal, I do it too

corianderstem said:
I almost always have some tune stuck in my head. Usually an actual song, but sometimes an insipid commercial jingle. :mad:

Just got back from Sweeney Todd. It was ... um ... bloody. And grim.

Bloody and grim...but did you like it?

Sometimes I'll get a song where I only really know one line of lyrics, and it'll be that line over, and over and over. :crack:

For a few days before Christmas, it was McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime. I don't really know it, it was just "we're sim-ply hav-ing a wonderfulchristmastime" over and over. That was pleasant. :mad:

No spoken words said:

Yes, it's normal, I do it too

I knew I could count on you. :happy:

I didn't DISlike it. I'm not sure how much I liked it, though. I mean, it was good. I just like my musicals a little more cheery.

Plus, I was unfamiliar with the songs going in (other than "No One's Going to Harm You," or whatever it's called), and none of them stayed with me. I guess I'm not much of a Sondheim girl.

Sarah saw it and loved it, but then for her, Depp is above Ken Jennings in her fantasy marriage pool. In all fairness though, she's not a dippy, flighty teen, I think she partly loves him because of how he plays his roles. She downloaded the soundtrack as soon as she got home.

I tend to like almost everything he's in, too. I think he's brilliant, but then, what do I know, I'm not a thea-tuh snob, and I probably have lowbrow tastes.

I like Johnny Depp a lot, and thought he was fine in the role. His voice was maybe a little thin, but he's not a bad singer at all. I don't care for Helena Bonham Carter, and thought her voice was MUCH too thin.

NSW, maybe you can answer this one - is LemonMelon right in the NFL thread? Are Saturday night NFL games common? I swear, the only time I see football games on TV on Saturday nights, they're college games.

I'm still baffled as to how I missed that the Pats game was on Saturday night. I was all engrossed in two discs of Degrassi: The Next Generation. :rockon:

VintagePunk said:

I tend to like almost everything he's in, too. I think he's brilliant, but then, what do I know, I'm not a thea-tuh snob, and I probably have lowbrow tastes.

Here's what you know:

You know what you like, and you like him. All other considerations are moot.

I like your tastes for the most part, for the record.

corianderstem said:

NSW, maybe you can answer this one - is LemonMelon right in the NFL thread? Are Saturday night NFL games common? I swear, the only time I see football games on TV on Saturday nights, they're college games.

I'm still baffled as to how I missed that the Pats game was on Saturday night. I was all engrossed in two discs of Degrassi: The Next Generation. :rockon:

When College Football ends, which is mid-November, the NFL not long after starts to schedule Saturday night games. Not every single Saturday, but, at least one or two for many years now.

VintagePunk said:
I'm not a thea-tuh snob, and I probably have lowbrow tastes.

Sister, please. I loved the cheesy movie of Phantom of the Opera, and I'll all a-twitter for the movie version of Mamma Mia. :wink:

No spoken words said:
When College Football ends, which is mid-November, the NFL not long after starts to schedule Saturday night games. Not every single Saturday, but, at least one or two for many years now.

Huh. I love how apparent it is that I'm only a very casual football fan. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom