The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2008, 02:12 AM   #571
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Yeah, I went out for a few hours unexpectedly too, but I was home before midnight. :lame:

Wow, how are you gonna spend your final day of freedom?
Watching college football and watching my Network; we have a big day tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #572
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Old 01-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #573
Blue Crack Supplier

I know....I wish they played the whole version.

I do not have a ton of boots...well, relative to crazed fans I do not...but I have been trying to add lately....

That song, though, to me, is bulletproof LIVE. No frills, when they play it, whatever stuff they have on stage is darkened, and they just play it. There are people on this site that are tired of it, but, me, I'd gladly hear it each show....it's fantastic in a concert setting.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #574
Blue Crack Distributor

I have to admit, there are several of their songs I'm kinda tired of - but unlike many on this site, I realize that it's a personal thing, due to me just hearing those songs way too much over the years - but NYD definitely isn't one of them, I don't think i could ever tire of it. Alas, I've never seen it live. I can't complain though, the string of shows I saw probably had the most variation in setlist of any period on the tour. I was very, very lucky to get to hear some rarely played (at least for this tour) songs.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier

You know what I need, VP?

At least one live version of Crumbs, and, every single live version of "I Fall Down". I have a few, but, for whatever reason, I love that song. An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart as well, which I also have many live versions of.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 AM   #576
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm pretty sure I have Crumbs live. Remind me tomorrow and I'll look for you? I'm not on my computer at the moment.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #577
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I have to admit, there are several of their songs I'm kinda tired of - but unlike many on this site, I realize that it's a personal thing, due to me just hearing those songs way too much over the years - but NYD definitely isn't one of them, I don't think i could ever tire of it. Alas, I've never seen it live. I can't complain though, the string of shows I was probably had the most variation in setlist of any period on the tour. I was very, very lucky to get to hear some rarely played (at least for this tour) songs.
I've been seeing them since 1987, so I've heard it live a lot. I'm tired of a few songs, too, definitely. Bullet can go away. Pride, unless they learn to play it like the studio version can go away....but Pride aint going anywhere, every casual U2 fan knows and likes that song. Frankly, One can go away. Again, that is not going anywhere, but I wish it would, speaking selfishly.

VP, nothing can help me describe what it was like to go to the first Vertigo show down in San Diego and hear them pull Electric Co and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart out. I mean, wow. Then later on, fucking Zoo Station.

U2 talk in the Bar! Gasp!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #578
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have Crumbs live. Remind me tomorrow and I'll look for you? I'm not on my computer at the moment.
Really? That would be awesome.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:35 AM   #579
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

I've been seeing them since 1987, so I've heard it live a lot. I'm tired of a few songs, too, definitely. Bullet can go away. Pride, unless they learn to play it like the studio version can go away....but Pride aint going anywhere, every casual U2 fan knows and likes that song. Frankly, One can go away. Again, that is not going anywhere, but I wish it would, speaking selfishly.

VP, nothing can help me describe what it was like to go to the first Vertigo show down in San Diego and hear them pull Electric Co and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart out. I mean, wow. Then later on, fucking Zoo Station.

U2 talk in the Bar! Gasp!
Yeah, your list sounds similar to mine. I'm likely to get tarred and feathered on this website for saying so, but you can add Streets to that for me, too. I know that's like the ultimate U2 song, but radio here has played it to death over the decades...U2 get a lot of airplay around here, and not just around album release/tour time. I'm kinda tired of Beautiful Day, too.

I can imagine the excitement of being there and seeing those songs for the first time! Just hearing about it was exciting enough. Never got to see An Cat Dubh/ITH but Electric Co was always a highlight for me. Gonna compose a list of little played songs I got to see...
Old 01-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier

Electric Co was just phenomenal each time. But as I said before, am a HUGE An Cat Dubh/ITH fan, so hearing that was blissful.

I never got tired of Streets until this tour. This was my least favorite version. That being said, I'll want to hear it next tour. Elevation, ugh, make that go away.

At my first ever U2 show, I got to hear The Unfortgettable Fire, which for me, at the time, was amazing to hear, as I used to listen to that and A Sort of Homecoming over and over and over. And over.

VP, if they ever played ASOH with me in attendance.....
Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 AM   #581
Blue Crack Distributor

Some are just semi-rare, played, but not most nights. Some were very rare.

I Will Follow
Zoo Station
The Fly
Fast Cars (debut, and a couple of other times too)
The Ocean
Bad
Discotheque (both times!!!)
Walk On
The First Time (!!!!!!)
Wild Horses (!!!) (Acoustic debut)
MLK (!!!!!) (In a tribute to Rosa Parks in Detroit)
Original - cant remember how many times this had been played, but not much, I don't think

I'm sure there might be a few more that I'm forgetting.

I knew about Discotheque because I heard them rehearsing it. The First Time was a complete and utter surprise, though. Wow. So was MLK, and a very cool gesture, i thought. I was in tears for probably the only time during the tour for that song. I'm not generally one of your U2 criers.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:50 AM   #582
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Some are just semi-rare, played, but not most nights. Some were very rare.

I Will Follow
Zoo Station
The Fly
Fast Cars (debut, and a couple of other times too)
The Ocean
Bad
Discotheque (both times!!!)
Walk On
The First Time (!!!!!!)
Wild Horses (!!!) (Acoustic debut)
MLK (!!!!!) (In a tribute to Rosa Parks in Detroit)
Original - cant remember how many times this had been played, but not much, I don't think

I'm sure there might be a few more that I'm forgetting.

I knew about Discotheque because I heard them rehearsing it. The First Time was a complete and utter surprise, though. Wow. So was MLK, and a very cool gesture, i thought. I was in tears for probably the only time during the tour for that song. I'm not generally one of your U2 criers.
Wait, and forgive me if we discussed this....were you at Chicago on 9/20?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #583
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Electric Co was just phenomenal each time. But as I said before, am a HUGE An Cat Dubh/ITH fan, so hearing that was blissful.

I never got tired of Streets until this tour. This was my least favorite version. That being said, I'll want to hear it next tour. Elevation, ugh, make that go away.

At my first ever U2 show, I got to hear The Unfortgettable Fire, which for me, at the time, was amazing to hear, as I used to listen to that and A Sort of Homecoming over and over and over. And over.

VP, if they ever played ASOH with me in attendance.....
I haven't listened to UF for so long. Actually, I haven't really listened to U2 period for a really long time. Again, burn out. I listened to little else for about a year and a half around the time of the tour. I need to listen, again.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #584
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Wait, and forgive me if we discussed this....were you at Chicago on 9/20?
Yeah, I was at both Chi shows that leg. And I remember you saying you were, and when I expressed regret that we weren't able to meet, you sort of curtly told me that you didn't really meet people from online that much. lol
Old 01-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #585
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Yeah, I was at both Chi shows that leg. And I remember you saying you were, and when I expressed regret that we weren't able to meet, you sort of curtly told me that you didn't really meet people from online that much. lol
Which, rude as it might have been was accurate. There were a lot of interlanders at that show, apparently.

I have not listened to much U2 lately either, but, I always cycle back.

That 9/20 show was pretty great.

I've heard each song on your list, luckily. The elusive one for me this last tour was Crumbs....and, when they played One Tree Hill in Japan and NZ, figured they'd play it in Hawaii, but they did not, so that's another I've never heard but would love to.