The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:
i'm sorry to hear that pfa. i think your dad will be pissed. but i think he'll soon realize that you're young and you just got your license. not to discredit you, you are an able and intelligent young man. but, just due to odds and inexperience, it is bound to happen, you know? anyway, i'm sure your dad will recall his first accident, and then he'll ease up on you a bit. good luck and take care :)

Looks like someone didn't grow up with an Irish father. :cute:

Last edited:
Dd the conversation go, "What were you thinking? Did you even think to use the mirrors? How many mirrors does a car need before you get the sense to look into one them? God forbid you turn your precious little head. Were you wearing your glasses? Do you even wear glasses? Because I'm thinking maybe you should - do you have any idea how much glasses cost? Not to mention how much it's going to cost to fix the car. And now the insurance goes up. Jaysus Christ. Jesus Mary and Joseph - your mother talked me into this. See? See?.....Well thank the Lord you're allright. I could kill you, right now....get out of my site. - You'll be paying for this, you know. Jesus. I need a drink. Stupid .... son of ... THREE MIRRORS DANNY! ALL CARS HAVE AT LEAST THREE MIRRORS! USE ONE OF THEM AT LEAST!"

And then I told him I was pulling out of the lot and mirrors weren't necessary. He replied, "Oh."

UberBeaver said:
Dd the conversation go, "What were you thinking? Did you even think to use the mirrors? How many mirrors does a car need before you get the sense to look into one them? God forbid you turn your precious little head. Were you wearing your glasses? Do you even wear glasses? Because I'm thinking maybe you should - do you have any idea how much glasses cost? Not to mention how much it's going to cost to fix the car. And now the insurance goes up. Jaysus Christ. Jesus Mary and Joseph - your mother talked me into this. See? See?.....Well thank the Lord you're allright. I could kill you, right now....get out of my site. - You'll be paying for this, you know. Jesus. I need a drink. Stupid .... son of ... THREE MIRRORS DANNY! ALL CARS HAVE AT LEAST THREE MIRRORS! USE ONE OF THEM AT LEAST!"

or the alternate version which includes
"you're alright? well that's a pity, you might have learned something if you had a mark to remember it by"

In reality, he's not home yet. Still have to wait to talk to him about it.

PFan, sorry about all of this. I hope your Dad's reaction is a little less severe than anticipated. This could have, and usually at some point does, happen to anyone.

Good luck.

I think I saw a comical reference to this earlier in the thread, but.....is the Leather Day thread, with the pics of the band in the mid-late 70's a little......odd? I don't know. Isn't Larry fucking 15 years old in 1976?

I liked it. The oddest things make me laugh the hardest. The thing that made me laugh the most was when they were at Cera's house, after school but before the evening begins....and the other kid is rambling about having sex again, and Cera says, apropo of nothing, while playing a video game "You know why I don't negotiate with these guys? Because you don't negotiate with terrotists." That, of all things, cracked me up. That and McLovin, in general.

I've still yet to see it. Most likely my one buddy will download it off some torrenting site and I'll watch it that way. That's how I saw Beerfest.

Michael Cera kills me. I think he ad libs a lot of that shit. And he's only like 19 or something? I know that scene, and yeah, those little random things are great."that's fun ... why do they make that if you can't even...win."

Just got home and caught up on the thread. Sorry about the accident pfan :hug:
shithappens.gif

UberBeaver said:
Michael Cera kills me. I think he ad libs a lot of that shit. And he's only like 19 or something? I know that scene, and yeah, those little random things are great."that's fun ... why do they make that if you can't even...win."

Agreed...he has a good future, he seems to have his head on straight.

It's sort of a moot point. He was tired and probably talked to my mother for a while before talking to me. He'd had all day to think about it.

I mean, I got in the crash about two minutes from my house. I called my mother right away. She called him after she got there. So, they knew right away.

Back
Top Bottom