The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
I give you until tomorrow. And after that - Saturday @ the latest. Are you talking about NO drinking? Like no wine w/ dinner, ever? Didnt you try this last year too?

no, I don't think I did. well now that I'm human again I might limit that to x drink/wk.

this jen chick on tar is the whiniest little bitch ever.

corianderstem said:
I seem to have developed a little wine allergy over the past year or so. It makes me all stuffed up. :(

Does anyone have this happen to them with wine? Is taking an antishistamine prior to downing the stuff helpful? Or incredibly dangerous to mix the two?

I wouldn't be driving anyway, but I have a nice bottle of champagne I'd like to have a little of on NYE ... otherwise it'll sit in my fridge until the end of time anyway.

my mom and I have both developed that over the last year or so as well. weird. anyway, advil sinus is the best for it, not any of the other brands, just advil. I usually wait to see if it develops and take one next morning or a few hrs later. It works within 20 mins. surprsingly i've never tried taking it with the wine.

TAR = The Amazing Race

Cold Case is the one where they solve murders that happened years ago, and sometimes use a whole bunch of songs from one artist that was popular the year the victim died. Lots of flashbacks about what happened. I saw the episode with the U2 songs, but didn't think much of the show. I'm not a big fan of the crime procedural shows, though.

advil sinus. they should provide it with every bottle of wine.

TAR - the amazing race. no, cold case is more about people than science.

if I were to go on it I would bring my brother. he's the only person i'd even remotely consider, but I keep thinking of the old brother I had, not the lazy selfish one I have now. I'd take the old one. the new verison I'd want to leave stranded somewhere probably.

snowbunny00774 said:
if I were to go on it I would bring my brother. he's the only person i'd even remotely consider, but I keep thinking of the old brother I had, not the lazy selfish one I have now. I'd take the old one. the new verion one I'd want to leave stranded somewhere probably.

we have the same brother?

I'm too wimpy to go on that show. I love watching and making fun of the wimpy people, don't want to be one of them:wink:

zonelistener said:
Hey snowbunny...

Any advice to someone who is about to caulk a shower?

I'll hang up and listen.

~ First time caulker, long time zonelistener

make sure all the old stuff is completely stripped and the surface is totally dry. aim for one bead.

call again.

zonelistener said:
Hey snowbunny...

Any advice to someone who is about to caulk a shower?

I'll hang up and listen.

~ First time caulker, long time zonelistener

First thing that came to mind was listening to the jungle (Jim Rome). :lol:

Snow-

Our shower leaks. Don't know where. When will you be down in S.Calif. to tear it down and fix? Oh, and the couch is still available, soft fat gray cat, and free meals.

\kthxbai

UberBeaver said:

Me too. The whole premise of Survivoridiot was me getting really drunk and crying for a week. I can handle "wimp" no problem.

I think with the writers strike survivor idiot has a great chance of going to air. pitch it :up: or make an audition tape and stick it on you tube :yes:

i'm having the same problem with my shower (small leak somewhere behind the shower, a couple drops, recaulked and still notice it when we look in the back access panel behind the shower).. anytime you can come on down here snow.. that would great.. :D

k... tanksbi

random question...

when you go to the mall, do you try and find a good/close spot, or do you just park at the first spot you see, even if it's miles away, so that you don't have to go up & down the aisles fighting for a spot (referring to holiday season shopping that is)

Lila64 said:
random question...

when you go to the mall, do you try and find a good/close spot, or do you just park at the first spot you see, even if it's miles away, so that you don't have to go up & down the aisles fighting for a spot (referring to holiday season shopping that is)

I just park where I see a spot, not too fussed about how far it is unless there is ice rain.

zonelistener said:

OK...But I think I phailed.

It isn't pretty. You may have to come and party in Indy. And, caulk! :hyper:

:hyper:

Lila64 said:
random question...

i hate going to the mall. ours is a freaking tourist attraction and i've no idea why. anyway, i park in this obscure side of the mall that noone goes to because the stores suck. but on that side i can park very close to the entrance, so i don't have to walk 500 miles and walk 500 more. i don't like to park in the popular spots. it isn't a matter of waiting to find one, it's just that people are competitive and i don't think it is worth the stress.

Back
Top Bottom