The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:

I'll need Mia, Snow, April and VP to dance around the witness stand all suggestively too...:yes:

And when the DA asks me to finger you I'll look at the judge and say

"You're honor, we're just friends"

:shifty:

"Your honor, the defense calls to the stand (ave a laladada) Rrrrriiiico (ave a laladada) Suaaaaave. (ave a laladada) Riiiico (ave a laladada) Suaaaaave."

Sorry pfan. That sucks. How bad?

Not bad on my part. I'm not hurt. My bumper's chewed up on one side, but both lights are still in place.

Other car was a little worse. Back door banged in pretty good. She claimed she hit her head but didn't report it in the statement.

I was pulling out of a parking lot. Don't really know what happened. Didn't see the car, even when I hit it I didn't see it.

phillyfan26 said:
Not bad on my part. I'm not hurt. My bumper's chewed up on one side, but both lights are still in place.

Other car was a little worse. Back door banged in pretty good. She claimed she hit her head but didn't report it in the statement.

I was pulling out of a parking lot. Don't really know what happened. Didn't see the car, even when I hit it I didn't see it.

Oh man, that sux! Tell her she hit you so hard you banged your head on the back window...that oughta shut her up...:yes:

What did your parents say...:uhoh:

The worst part for me will be all the driving I'll be losing. I don't know how much yet. Hasn't been discussed. Waiting for the insurance claims to go through and such. And my dad. I'm probably more worried about the latter.

phillyfan26 said:
The worst part for me will be all the driving I'll be losing. I don't know how much yet. Hasn't been discussed. Waiting for the insurance claims to go through and such. And my dad. I'm probably more worried about the latter.

Ok pfan, here's what you're gonna say, "Dad, this is nothing to worry about. I'm a really good driver when I'm sober. This will probably never happen again."

In other circumstances, I'd probably find that funny.

I'm going to go post in FYM now. I imagine the current mood I'm in is the perpetual mood of 95% of that forum. Perfect.

phillyfan26 said:
In other circumstances, I'd probably find that funny.

I'm going to go post in FYM now. I imagine the current mood I'm in is the perpetual mood of 95% of that forum. Perfect.

Seriously mate, all you can do at times like these is laugh. Its just a car and six months from now it'll just be a story your friends break your balls over.

But, by all means, go and knock some heads in FYM.

I'm Dalton and I approve this message.

It's not the car. My car's a fuckin tank. It's the permission to drive it. That'll last. A long time. My father's stubborn. It's been unbelievable trying to get permission to drive more. Now I'm back to Square Negative Seven. Right past square one.

phillyfan26 said:
It's not the car. My car's a fuckin tank. It's the permission to drive it. That'll last. A long time. My father's stubborn. It's been unbelievable trying to get permission to drive more. Now I'm back to Square Negative Seven. Right past square one.

Nah, sorry for laughing...I completely understand your predicament. Good luck dealing with your Dad, just be honest with him and own up to it and things will work themselves out for you...:up:

Can you tell him that if you'd had more practice this likely wouldn't have happened? I'm not sure how you'd work a "sincere, I'm not being a smartass" tone into that though :hmm:

No, I think he's the kind of guy that will have it in his head for years this incident and would bring it up over and over again. I have a feeling that I won't be able to drive the car for at least a month. Which puts me, the family, and my buddies at a disadvantage.

i'm sorry to hear that pfa. i think your dad will be pissed. but i think he'll soon realize that you're young and you just got your license. not to discredit you, you are an able and intelligent young man. but, just due to odds and inexperience, it is bound to happen, you know? anyway, i'm sure your dad will recall his first accident, and then he'll ease up on you a bit. good luck and take care :)

unico said:
i'm sorry to hear that pfa. i think your dad will be pissed. but i think he'll soon realize that you're young and you just got your license. not to discredit you, you are an able and intelligent young man. but, just due to odds and inexperience, it is bound to happen, you know? anyway, i'm sure your dad will recall his first accident, and then he'll ease up on you a bit. good luck and take care :)

This is probably the more mature and socially acceptable response to this situation?

Actually, neither of my parents have ever been in an accident, so ... nothing for them to recall.

And the insurance rates continue to rise for me. Woohoo.

phillyfan26 said:
Actually, neither of my parents have ever been in an accident, so ... nothing for them to recall.

And the insurance rates continue to rise for me. Woohoo.

I have faith, I'll still let you drive my drunk ass around :hug:

That sucks Pfan, and I know you'll laugh and say whatever, how does that help me now? and it doesn't, but this is a moment in time, be glad this happened now, and not while you need a car for work, or are paying a mtg/rent etc. By the time those things come along, this will be well behind you*.

*the bar may still "break your balls" to borrow a phrase from Dalton.

Back
Top Bottom