The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just spent the last 20 minutes crying my eyes out because NSW called me a douche bag!!!!! :sad:

I kid. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. Ha haaaa!

Hey VP, do they have any type of banking centers in the markets? A versateller type thing? I can send you some virtual money. Maybe this can tide you over

dollar.png
x20

Hope all the sickies are feeling better soon (Mrs. Reg, Carlos, Thora,...). HNY everyone!

Lila :lol: Thanks for the offer, but I'm okay, I have cash and everything, I'm not destitute. It was a matter of depositing a cheque. And, I could have done it via ATM, but there's a weird confluence of events that conspire against me (assholish ex, a bank that seems to change policies every few weeks) that prevented me from doing so. I'll straighten it out on Wed. I was just hoping to avoid the inevitable Wed confrontation with my bank.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Poor VP...:hug:

But...look at this :happy:

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)

This is an extremely fortunate year for you because both lucky Jupiter and stern Saturn are in signs that strengthen you. And they both offer you different advantages. Jupiter makes this year fun-loving, full of romance and the time of parties, pleasure and enjoyment. You will definitely take a vacation. Many of you will fall in love or discover the love of your life. Relations with children will be rewarding and gratifying. These wonderful, fun things are prompted by a planetary aspect that occurs once every 12 years. Lucky you!

Things are finally lining up for ol' Liz Lemon!

:lol:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Poor VP...:hug:

Cori...:lol:

Lila...Versateller?!?!?!...:eyebrow:...does anybody call it that anymore...:giggle:

I couldn't think of ATM. Kill me :angry:
I don't even own an ATM card, so there :madspit:

looks like you have the
luck.gif
VP!

Lila64 said:

I couldn't think of ATM. Kill me :angry:
I don't even own an ATM card, so there :madspit:

looks like you have the
luck.gif
VP!

You don't have a debit/atm card? :ohmy: I've become so accustomed to them that I generally carry very little or no cash. It's really embarassing when I go into a store and have to pay for a $3 item with my debit card. lol

Yeah, if only horoscopes came true. It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

VintagePunk said:

I've become so accustomed to them that I generally carry very little or no cash. It's really embarassing when I go into a store and have to pay for a $3 item with my debit card. lol

:yes:

I think my dad is the only person I know who still carries cash. and I love that we can debit over the border now too.

I carry some cash with me, but I just charge everything, and write one check at the end of the month (well several depending how many cards I use :shifty: )

And Reggie :flirt:

My dad is horrified that I use a debit card, for security reasons. He can't believe me and my stepsister use them so frequently. He says I should use my credit card for everything and pay it off at the end of the month, but I don't trust myself to do that.

After several snafus with overdrawing my checking account, I'm now really good about tracking what I use my debit card for.

corianderstem said:
My dad is horrified that I use a debit card, for security reasons. He can't believe me and my stepsister use them so frequently. He says I should use my credit card for everything and pay it off at the end of the month, but I don't trust myself to do that.

After several snafus with overdrawing my checking account, I'm now really good about tracking what I use my debit card for.

Yeah...you're a big girl now Cori...it's OK...you do what you want:yes:

I do realize there are dangers with debit cards, regarding how much your bank will cover your ass if someone accesses your account, but it's just funny the look of horror that comes over his face when I whip out the debit card.

You'd think I'd just shot his dog and stolen his bible.

alright, what is extra's and why does it have a special?

when my uncle was over a couple of years ago we went out shopping and after about 6 different stores he asked if I needed money. he thought I was putting everything on credit :cute:
I do use my credit card for collecting travel points, but it really depends on what card is first in my wallet. with online banking then I just come home and transfer from chequing to credit card instantly to cover. I've racked up a few free flights just from doing this, so it's handy.

And now most of my family have their own CDN chequing accounts for when they visit and love using their debit cards :heart:

I'm anal about keeping track of my account balance when I've been heavily using my debit card. The thought of it coming up as 'insufficient funds' in a store is akin to nightmares where you realize you're naked in public. :yikes:

VintagePunk said:
I'm anal about keeping track of my account balance when I've been heavily using my debit card. The thought of it coming up as 'insufficient funds' in a store is akin to nightmares where you realize you're naked in public. :yikes:

yes. I hate when the electronic thing is slow. even when you know money is in there it's still horrible. flashbacks to my student/early mortgage days.

snowbunny00774 said:
alright, what is extra's and why does it have a special?

Extras is a very, very funny UK show created, written by and starring Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the same ones who created (and starred in, in Gervais' case) The Office UK. In the show, Gervais and a friend of his are struggling actors who work on movies as extras, and Merchant plays his bumbling agent. This allows for guest spots by many huge actors/actresses, who mostly mock themselves and their celebrity. REALLY funny.

Specials - many UK shows have specials that air on christmas day (you probably know this already). Both Extras and UK Office have had specials in this manner, which sort of serves as a series wrap-up, because they air after the series proper has ended. The Extras one just aired this Christmas.

thanks vp - i've seen it mentioned a few times but didn't know what it was. I've never seen the UK office either. I think a clip once. I wonder if I can get these shows on that usenext thing I have?

snowbunny00774 said:
thanks vp - i've seen it mentioned a few times but didn't know what it was. I've never seen the UK office either. I think a clip once. I wonder if I can get these shows on that usenext thing I have?

What is usenext? A downloading thingy, I'm guessing. I'm quick like that. ;)

I know that Extras is available on torrent, that's how we got it.

Actually, Sarah just told me she still has them on her computer. If you don't want to bother with torrenting and can't get them on usenext, we can burn them for you and send them.

VintagePunk said:

Extras is a very, very funny UK show created, written by and starring Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the same ones who created (and starred in, in Gervais' case) The Office UK. In the show, Gervais and a friend of his are struggling actors who work on movies as extras, and Merchant plays his bumbling agent. This allows for guest spots by many huge actors/actresses, who mostly mock themselves and their celebrity. REALLY funny.

Specials - many UK shows have specials that air on christmas day (you probably know this already). Both Extras and UK Office have had specials in this manner, which sort of serves as a series wrap-up, because they air after the series proper has ended. The Extras one just aired this Christmas.

Well done.

Extras - :drool:

BBC Office - :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom