The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sucks, snow. :(

Dem, rain in the winter - I love it. Just because if it's raining it means it's not snowing, and it doesn't need to be shovelled, we don't need to trudge through it to get anywhere, etc. :drool: I'm sure all you non-snow people would tire of it pretty quickly if you had to live with it for months every year.

Or maybe I'm just projecting. :shifty:

eta - fucking hell, I just remembered I have to scoot to the bank before it closes. If it's not already closed, which would be kinda disasterous for me. :grumpy: :wave:

:lol:

I'm sure I'd get sick of snow too. A nice big snow every now and then would be nice (especially if classes were cancelled...)

But you'd get sick of cold rain too. When you're drenched and its barely above freezing, it's not pleasant :no:

U2democrat said:
I want snow :sad:

:drool: me too....she's smokin'....:yes:

:shifty:

Well...my plans for the night went up in flames...:sigh:

My wife is sick and the restaraunt called to tell us all patrons will be charged $55 to walk in the door...:fuck:

Ah...I guess I'll just chill at home with the kids, and a few brews...:up:

UberBeaver said:
Here's a weird thing: As I get older, years seem to go by faster, but time seems to be "longer"....does that make any sense to anyone else? I dunno. Life feels slower, but time itself moves faster. I can't explain it.

I think I know what you mean, actually. Taking a micro-view....your day goes by slower.....but, you look up, and you take a macro view, and you're like "where did the year go???".

So my description of time didn't make sense, Reg? Shit.

I view snow now as more of a hassle than anything else now. It used to be fun, but now it's something else that needs to get done, something else that's going to leak all over my floor. Something I need to wipe off my car. It's slippery and causes accidents and it's just a nusance. I need to move to San Diego. That's the only snow-less place I've been to that I'd want to spend a lot of time in. Maybe Spain, but there's the whole "No hablo espanol" thing. Gah! Does it snow in Southern Scotland? I'd hate to reclaim the land only to find more goddamn snow.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Well...my plans for the night went up in flames...:sigh:

My wife is sick and the restaraunt called to tell us all patrons will be charged $55 to walk in the door...:fuck:

Ah...I guess I'll just chill at home with the kids, and a few brews...:up:

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe you'll enjoy a quiet evening.

This is weird for me watching the Music City Bowl, because it's in Nashville where I was born, and the University of Kentucky is playing and I lived in Lexington (where UK is) for 8 years.

No spoken words said:

I think I know what you mean, actually. Taking a micro-view....your day goes by slower.....but, you look up, and you take a macro view, and you're like "where did the year go???".

Yes. That's a good summation, thank you.

Reg - that sucks about your wife. Sorry.

UberBeaver said:

Yes. That's a good summation, thank you.

Reg - that sucks about your wife. Sorry.

Yeah, oh well....it's normal this time of year...and she doesn't stay up past 10 p.m. these days, so I guess it was bound to happen.

And as far as your summation of time Beav...I got it...but it just sounded funny. NSW cleaned it up nicely...:up:

No spoken words said:
Yikes, sorry VP.

Resolution for next year - remind self to go to bank earlier.

My bank and I are not on good terms. :| After 20 years of uneventful transactions, they've suddenly decided to change names/management every six months, change their rules/policies, and not inform customers. :mad:

I need to shop around in the new year, I think...

Plus, their hours suck donkey balls, which normally is fine with me considering I do 90% of my banking online...but the few times I need them to be open?

VintagePunk said:

My bank and I are not on good terms. :| After 20 years of uneventful transactions, they've suddenly decided to change names/management every six months, change their rules/policies, and not inform customers. :mad:

I need to shop around in the new year, I think...

Plus, their hours suck donkey balls, which normally is fine with me considering I do 90% of my banking online...but the few times I need them to be open?

wait a few months and get a free ipod out of the deal ;)

UberBeaver said:

I got, like, a 20 on me. You want that? OR - just get a gun and walk into whatever store you need shit from, and viola. They'll give you like anything you want. That's how we do down in America.

so it really is land of the free then.

Get a gun, go to a store you need shit from and ... you get a stringed instrument that's not quite a violin?

snowbunny00774 said:

so it really is land of the free then.

Yep. Though some prefer the term "liberated", but it's all symantics really.

OK peeps, if I don't "see" any of you before midnight, Happy New Year and all that. Enjoy. Don't let the bed bugs bite. :D :hi5:

Did I spell viola wrong? Is it voila? Shit, it is. Though, thinking on it now, if some dude rolled in with a gun and then started playing the viola, that would be pretty badass, no? Kinda like Omar whistling on The Wire. Sweet. I just stumbled into my M.O.

Hee!

And happy new year to you, too. All youse guys. Happy new year, everybody! Yay! Happy new year! Whoo! Hoo!

etc

etc

: blows noisemaker :

Back
Top Bottom