The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm very well behaved and responsible, but my parents seem to think that's because of their tight rein. :shrug:

I can't recall getting in trouble at school, though I'm a smartass to teachers, to varying degrees.

I remember coming home pretty drunk one night.....and trying to not wake anyone...but I was vomiting, and it woke my Dad...he stood there and watched me puke, and then said "There's no way your my son." That made me laugh.

But he might have been right, cos I have red hair and nobody in my family does...my entire family.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm very well behaved and responsible, but my parents seem to think that's because of their tight rein. :shrug:

I can't recall getting in trouble at school, though I'm a smartass to teachers, to varying degrees.

Well, when you're 10 and you tell a teacher that they're incompetent, they tend to send you to the Principal's office and such.

Which Mike? Not me. I just hate stupidity. Beav was more of a rebel than I was, and I mean that in a good way. If that makes sense.

Well, you added the "Jewish" comment so now I know you meant me. :)

I really was not rebellious in the grand sense of the word. I just never liked being held captive for all those hours without the ability to express myself. My favorite teachers were always the ones that truly encouraged discourse, not rapt silence while they basically wrote shit from the text book on the blackboard.

Last edited:
Here's a weird thing: As I get older, years seem to go by faster, but time seems to be "longer"....does that make any sense to anyone else? I dunno. Life feels slower, but time itself moves faster. I can't explain it.

Hey Snow, if you're still around, and if you do go to your friend's house (P's?)...there's a heavy snowfall warning out for this evening and tomorrow for SW Ontario. Be careful driving. :hug: :worrywart:

VintagePunk said:
Hey Snow, if you're still around, and if you do go to your friend's house (P's?)...there's a heavy snowfall warning out for this evening and tomorrow for SW Ontario. Be careful driving. :hug: :worrywart:

thanks VP. I asked my mom if she wanted to come and she said no, for me to go. I'd feel so bad though so between guilt and the pending shitstorm I'm going to stay here. And P's husband can't go either as he's really ill from some bug he picked up over the weekend that she had last week. at least she'll have her brother, sister and dad with her.

thanks for the warning :hug:

Back
Top Bottom