The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I post is knee-jerk reactions. Turns out when you're dealing with that bunch they're usually right. :lol:

Although, Yolland usually ends up calling me on them. She scares me a little bit.

corianderstem said:
I lurk a lot in FYM. I don't post often because I don't have a lot of knowledge to back up my knee-jerk reactions. So, wisely, I refrain from posting those reactions. :wink:

I post in there sometimes, but no one ever answers me. :D And I'm pretty sure that 90% of those diatribes can be traced back to Google. Plus - it's tons of fun to make up facts and %s and then defend them without offering proof. Plus Opinion = Fact in there. Temple Bar is like the Anti FYM -though both are full of bullshit and nonsense. We just don't care! :happy: That's why we win. :D

corianderstem said:

Totally. I :heart: nonsense.

I'm listening to a Garbage CD and writing. Whoot for being productive!

I only run over here to take breaks every few pages. I swear. :wink:

productive is good. something I should aspire to.

I'm screwed. I'm supposed to go to my best friends home town (couple of hrs away) and spend the night with her and some others including her brother who I love and is going back out west early in the morning. we were going to have dinner out and then go to the local legion and annoy the locals.

I just talked to my mom though and she has no plans. :GUILT:

so do I talk to my friend and ask her if I can bring my mom,
or not go and stay in with my mom. FUCK.

just fucking once i'd like my asshole of a brother to step up to the fucking plate.

I really only go to EYKIW for the Rest of Survivor anymore. Too many idiots. As much as that's the case for FYM, there's sort of a humor and enjoyment I get out of partially restrained attacks on idiots there.

UberBeaver said:
Drop your mom off @ your brothers and then drive away. That way everybody wins!

while in theory this is the best plan, his girlfriend would probably make my mom stand on the bloody porch all night :killintheface:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

That and LemonMelon's cartoons...:up:

:lol:

My computer's so old that when I want to see them, I have to go downstairs on the family computer and watch.

:killyear2000technology:

I might just be old and paranoid, but I hate driving on New Year's Eve. I just assume everyone else on the road is drunk as a skunk.

corianderstem said:
I might just be old and paranoid, but I hate driving on New Year's Eve. I just assume everyone else on the road is drunk as a skunk.

I'd tend to agree with this.

I actually have no idea. I think points on my license and possibly suspension. But it's more my parents than anything. They refuse to budge on it, despite the fact that the only way it would be an issue is if I was pulled over for something else.

Well, I was talking about the 11:00 driving curfew. They refuse to let me drive after 11. Period. So, I'm trying to figure out which one of my buddies can drive after midnight without us getting caught. We're not going to be driving drunk, so I think we'll be the least of the worries for the cops.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, I was talking about the 11:00 driving curfew. They refuse to let me drive after 11. Period. So, I'm trying to figure out which one of my buddies can drive after midnight without us getting caught. We're not going to be driving drunk, so I think we'll be the least of the worries for the cops.

I guess what I meant was....if you went out at 9pm, PFan.....and drove home at 11:45pm....what would your parents do?

I don't know. I haven't and don't plan to. I'm not sure what they'd do.

I imagine I'd probably not be allowed to drive for a while and/or have restrictions on hanging with my friends.

My parents were far from strict, and I was, outside of being really sarcastic and such, a pretty well behaved and responsible kid....so, they trusted me. I never had a curfew of any variety....they just wanted to know where I'd be, and approximately when I'd be home. Whatever punishments I got as a kid mostly came from backtalk and whatnot at a younger age.

ETA - Also took the occasional punishment for school related stuff.....talking back to teachers, the principal. I once got expelled for a day for getting into a fistfight, but, my parents didn't punish me for that one.

Back
Top Bottom