The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's gay! I already have enough gay husbands. Jesus, every time I like a guy he turns out to be gay! :scream:

But no, my alien and I are just friends. But we've been together six and a half years now :heart:

Lila64 said:

13 :happy: They'll be 14 in April, May, and July respectively. And 2 of them have video cameras recording their exploits, or whatever you want to call it. They dressed up & went to the mall yesterday, sans camera. One was dressed as a princess, another all in black/emo-ish, and another just as silly. I tried to walk way in front or behind when I could :der:

:lol:

That's cute.

But yeah, I'd have kept my distance too. :giggle:

your skills will improve once you continue studying in college. or you could take up a completely new language if you wanted to. students typically don't study abroad until the 3rd, 4th, (or 5th) year. you will probably have a better idea of where you want to go once you're in your major though.

snowbunny00774 said:

:shh: England, Ireland, Australia are abroad

Oh, I know. I was just noting that it narrows the list.

I would love to go to Ireland and meet all my second cousins that live there. (except the ones that are suspected IRA members :yikes: )

No spoken words said:

I lived there for 26 years. I know. :)

I'm still wondering how well I'd do living in a city. I'm not sure. Part of me thinks it's perfect for me, part of me thinks once I get there I'll hate it.

unico said:
your skills will improve once you continue studying in college. or you could take up a completely new language if you wanted to. students typically don't study abroad until the 3rd, 4th, (or 5th) year. you will probably have a better idea of where you want to go once you're in your major though.

Yeah, I'm on my fourth year of high school Spanish. I definitely want to stick with it as my language, as it's the most applicable and the one I've already got a base for.

It's funny, I remember the grammar from year to year but forget all the actual word meanings. :lol:

phillyfan26 said:

I'm still wondering how well I'd do living in a city. I'm not sure. Part of me thinks it's perfect for me, part of me thinks once I get there I'll hate it.

One way to find out. They're not for everyone, but, I hope you give it a try at least once...the city I am currently am in is fantastic and I feel lucky to be here, even if it's not long term. But I'm an urban kid and such environments speak to me...for me, the question is can I down the road live in a more suburban or even more rural area eventually.

the rockin edge said:

:up: only good town in iowa, nice town. that is where i play at open mics. 1/2 an hour from here and the culture vaccum that is the cedar rapids metro area.:wink:

We're going right to the campus....spending the day....basketball game that night....late dinner, drive home the next morning....I requested that I be able to visit the Writer's Workshop.

I really want to stay in the Philly area, that much I know. But in the city or in the suburbs? I don't know. I like the suburbs, but there's lots of them, and I'd like to be a little closer than 35 minutes away. I'm not sure.

I love the Philly environment, though, that I know I want to stick around for.

Re: I know, I'm waaay behind

~BrightestStar~ said:

Haven't you heard, apparently they want to clean up the district.

:tsk:

damn shame.
Dammit! :scream:

Why is the world against me? It was bad enough that I was born too late and in the wrong country to ever be a gothic East German prostitute! It was all I wanted, was that so much to ask? :sad:

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, I'm on my fourth year of high school Spanish. I definitely want to stick with it as my language, as it's the most applicable and the one I've already got a base for.

It's funny, I remember the grammar from year to year but forget all the actual word meanings. :lol:

when i went to mexico, i was embarrassed because it had been years since i'd taken a spanish course, and i could hardly remember anything. then we were taken to this farm up in the mountains, and the mother went into the room i was in, and wanted to talk to me but didn't know how. so, i just started talking. i didn't realize how much of it i had remembered! i think likewise, if you're in a situation where you've no choice but to speak it, some of the stuff will come back to you. i was able to maintain conversation for a very long time.

phillyfan26 said:
I really want to stay in the Philly area, that much I know. But in the city or in the suburbs? I don't know. I like the suburbs, but there's lots of them, and I'd like to be a little closer than 35 minutes away. I'm not sure.

I love the Philly environment, though, that I know I want to stick around for.

PFan, no offense, but unless you're basing that on wanting to be near family, you cannot say that you've been nowhere and then say that you know you want to stay in Philly. Wait until you've actually experienced life in other places before cementing that idea in your head.

No spoken words said:

One way to find out. They're not for everyone, but, I hope you give it a try at least once...the city I am currently am in is fantastic and I feel lucky to be here, even if it's not long term. But I'm an urban kid and such environments speak to me...for me, the question is can I down the road live in a more suburban or even more rural area eventually.

I've experienced all 3 now. I grew up suburban, went to college in a rural environment, and spent a year in DC. I definitely favor the city-life over the others.

Re: Re: I know, I'm waaay behind

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Why is the world against me? It was bad enough that I was born too late and in the wrong country to ever be a gothic East German prostitute! It was all I wanted, was that so much to ask? :sad:

There's always Nevada.

unico said:
when i went to mexico, i was embarrassed because it had been years since i'd taken a spanish course, and i could hardly remember anything. then we were taken to this farm up in the mountains, and the mother went into the room i was in, and wanted to talk to me but didn't know how. so, i just started talking. i didn't realize how much of it i had remembered! i think likewise, if you're in a situation where you've no choice but to speak it, some of the stuff will come back to you. i was able to maintain conversation for a very long time.

Yeah, I think that would be an interesting thing to do. I'd like to see how well I hold up in real conversation.

Random note: "Let's Dance" is stuck in my head. I think I played it on the way home from my game tonight. That's probably why.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Don't quit. Don't even quit.

You never know, there is probably some society out there that is still looking for a gothic prostitute. :hug:

unico said:

I've experienced all 3 now. I grew up suburban, went to college in a rural environment, and spent a year in DC. I definitely favor the city-life over the others.

Duh. You're the roughest roughest roughest. Where else would you thrive? I almost forgot...you are the toughest toughest toughest....that cements things.

No spoken words said:

We're going right to the campus....spending the day....basketball game that night....late dinner, drive home the next morning....I requested that I be able to visit the Writer's Workshop.

you should eat at the atlas, just about the best place in town.

what basketball game? the one and only hawkeye game i went to they lost by 20 points to wisconsin. fucking cheese heads.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

and you know, even if you aren't a gothic East German prostitute in real life, you can always play one on tv :wink:

the rockin edge said:

you should eat at the atlas, just about the best place in town.

what basketball game? the one and only hawkeye game i went to they lost by 20 points to wisconsin. fucking cheese heads.

I forget which game, but I know we're televising it.

The Atlas? What sort of food??

No spoken words said:
PFan, no offense, but unless you're basing that on wanting to be near family, you cannot say that you've been nowhere and then say that you know you want to stay in Philly. Wait until you've actually experienced life in other places before cementing that idea in your head.

Well, I think family's part of it, but yeah, I agree, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I don't know if it's necessarily Philly or if it's just that I know so many people in Philly, Delaware County, and Chester County. I mean, there's definitely a likability about Philly that I like, but I think there are other factors too.

I've been to two cities without family: Dallas and Orlando. Dallas I hated, and Orlando I don't think I was there long enough to form a good opinion on.

Back
Top Bottom