The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another creepy King short story to check out if you haven't - Apt Pupil. It's in Different Season, along with Shawshank and The Body (the movie Stand by Me).

Apt Pupil is fucking creepy! Great psychological terror.

phillyfan26 said:
The best part of the Colbert book is his science glossary.

I can't wait. I will definitely try & read some tonight. I have 3 teen-age girls here playing and making videos. I need to stay away from them :shifty: :crack:

Mia! That's awesome! :lol:

Don't you have that other pic too? where both are posing for the camera and pretending to yell at each other? lol

No spoken words said:

I can't just yet....I sort of a have a professional mission I am still in the middle of. When that's concluded, it could be my next move prior to shifting careers. We shall see.

:up: goals :up:

i have no career, or life to speak of at the moment so it's perfect timing for me.

VintagePunk said:
Another creepy King short story to check out if you haven't - Apt Pupil. It's in Different Season, along with Shawshank and The Body (the movie Stand by Me).

Apt Pupil is fucking creepy! Great psychological terror.

I've read it, and have seen the film....with our buddy Ian McKellan.....:)

No spoken words said:
DOL, have you ever watched The Stand. The "special effects" were poor, but, the rest of it was pretty well done....Rob Lowe and Gary Sinise, amongst others, do a good job. Sinise is great, actually.
I've only seen the first half or so. I can't remember why I never finished it.

the rockin edge said:

i have no career, or life to speak of at the moment so it's perfect timing for me.

Yeah....I have few regrets in life, but one of them would be not traveling a lot more before getting into my career....I like what I do, love it actually, so that makes it hard to give it up. You're planning to do what, exactly? Move to Australia and work? Travel a lot prior to?

No spoken words said:

I've read it, and have seen the film....with our buddy Ian McKellan.....:)

Yes!! Sarah just mentioned that, I'd forgotten!! That Extras appearance has pretty much ruined him in any other role for me. He should go into comedy. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
Mia! That's awesome! :lol:

Don't you have that other pic too? where both are posing for the camera and pretending to yell at each other? lol

no, i think April took that one. so i tried to photoshop something that captured the essence of it to compensate for the evening until the other pops up. glad ya'll enjoyed it.

Lila64 said:
I can't wait. I will definitely try & read some tonight. I have 3 teen-age girls here playing and making videos. I need to stay away from them :shifty: :crack:

He also had a two page flow chart in order to determine if someone's gay or not.

the rockin edge said:

Tre - our friend's father (and family) moved to Australia about 3-4 years ago. He wrote a book about it. Don't know if it would be of any interest to you or not. I could PM you if you ever need info. They were here in the country on Friday. They left their daughter with us for about 9-10 days. So the 3 best buddies are here, making videos and stuff :help:

NSW, Bill Fagerbakke was awesome as Tom Cullen.

Lila, honestly, I found the Colbert book....fluffy and silly, mostly a rehash of what he says on his show...except without the visuals, so not quite as funny.

Lila64 said:

Tre - our friend's father (and family) moved to Australia about 3-4 years ago. He wrote a book about it. Don't know if it would be of any interest to you or not. I could PM you if you ever need info. They were here in the country on Friday. They left their daughter with us for about 9-10 days. So the 3 best buddies are here, making videos and stuff :help:

Videos? Like what?

No spoken words said:

Try it again if time allows. Oh, and, sorry about that other thread of yours, about your "friend". That's horrible.
Thanks. If he bothers me again, I'm really gonna kick his ass, because I am getting too old for this shit.

I'm happy in my life right now dammit (Mia knows exactly why ;)) and I don't need that jerk popping up and bothering me until I feel like taking a long hot shower just to feel clean again.

VintagePunk said:

Lila, honestly, I found the Colbert book....fluffy and silly, mostly a rehash of what he says on his show...except without the visuals, so not quite as funny.

that's still good enough for me. I can hear his voice in my head when I read it.

I bought the Colbert DVD a few weeks back. I need to crack that puppy open and get a fix!!!

No spoken words said:

Yeah....I have few regrets in life, but one of them would be not traveling a lot more before getting into my career....I like what I do, love it actually, so that makes it hard to give it up. You're planning to do what, exactly? Move to Australia and work? Travel a lot prior to?

planning 1 yr of travel, including 3-4 months of work in australia through their working holiday program. travel to 6 continents, some prior to australia, some after.

should be fun.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Well, you do live in Iowa, cornboy :tongue:

ah but i am not from this joke of a state :up: (joke of a state that will prolly decide who wins the nomination to run for president next week, yeehaw)

VintagePunk said:

He was, agreed....the scene where Lowe comes to him to help him out after he's already dead.....I tear up a little....:reject:

the rockin edge said:

planning 1 yr of travel, including 3-4 months of work in australia through their working holiday program. travel to 6 continents, some prior to australia, some after.

should be fun.

That's awesome! I'm envious.

phillyfan26 said:

Videos? Like what?

Dressing up and making videos. Like I think the last one was a talk show, Dr. Phillis. And Jamie Lynn Spears was one of the guests. And other nonsensical things. The other night it was some sort of cooking "show". Keeps them busy & happy, what can I say.

I've never really traveled, and when I have it's been very restrictive because of my family always being there, so I've never really experienced it before. I think I'd enjoy it, actually.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Thanks. If he bothers me again, I'm really gonna kick his ass, because I am getting too old for this shit.

I'm happy in my life right now dammit (Mia knows exactly why ;)) and I don't need that jerk popping up and bothering me until I feel like taking a long hot shower just to feel clean again.

i sure do!! :drool:

Lila64 said:

Dressing up and making videos. Like I think the last one was a talk show, Dr. Phillis. And Jamie Lynn Spears was one of the guests. And other nonsensical things. The other night it was some sort of cooking "show". Keeps them busy & happy, what can I say.

LOL. Nice. They're what, like twelve or thirteen, right?

I got a video camera for Christmas. Don't know what I'll do with it yet. I brought it out to dinner with my buddies at a local sports bar and grill, which yielded interesting footage. Specifically when I filmed my one buddy driving. He sucks.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never really traveled, and when I have it's been very restrictive because of my family always being there, so I've never really experienced it before. I think I'd enjoy it, actually.

When you get older, do it.

Sometime in 2008 I'm gonna just wake up one day, say Fuck it and hop on a plane to Europe on a sightseeing trip. :drool:

Lila64 said:

that's still good enough for me. I can hear his voice in my head when I read it.

I bought the Colbert DVD a few weeks back. I need to crack that puppy open and get a fix!!!

Let me know what you think of the dvd! I was thinking of getting it for Sarah for Christmas, but read some reviews of it, and they weren't good. Sounds like it's short on special features, if I remember correctly, and that they could have picked better clips to show? Who knows though, the reviewer may have been overly critical.

Back
Top Bottom