The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
It was never enough to point at other religions or cults and say "they're crazy too". The thread was not a compare and contrast. Things can be insane mutually inclusive of nothing but their own merits.

I know!!!!

As an aside, I mentioned to Sarah over the weekend that I'm not a very nice person, and I need to work on tolerance. She said that I'm fine, I just don't tolerate stupidity well. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I know!!!!

As an aside, I mentioned to Sarah over the weekend that I'm not a very nice person, and I need to work on tolerance. She said that I'm fine, I just don't tolerate stupidity well. :heart:

Well, she's biased. :)

I'm like you. I'm at my worst when faced with stupidity. Except when I tutored, because then, the person was trying to better themselves, and I found that my patience was long. But otherwise, yeah, I need to somehow get better with suffering fools...or at least learn better how to hide it.

the rockin edge said:
i should start a cult.:hmm:

Iowa seems like a good place to start one, too.

Once yours is started, if there is anything I can do to help you find followers here in Illinois, let me know...passing out pamphlets, etc....

MMG is the stereotypical stupid person who's terribly easy to get pissed off at, because she doesn't want to better herself at all. She wants attention and prays that someone will listen and be convinced she's right. Like Kiki in the first thread.

In fact, I made a post saying essentially the same thing to her in the thread.

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

No spoken words said:

Iowa seems like a good place to start one, too.

Once yours is started, if there is anything I can do to help you find followers here in Illinois, let me know...passing out pamphlets, etc....

we should make corn flavored kool-aid for people to drink, after they have donated sufficiently.:hmm:

No spoken words said:

Well, she's biased. :)

I'm like you. I'm at my worst when faced with stupidity. Except when I tutored, because then, the person was trying to better themselves, and I found that my patience was long. But otherwise, yeah, I need to somehow get better with suffering fools...or at least learn better how to hide it.

Oh, totally. I give huge props to people who are genuinely trying to learn. The stupidity I'm talking about (and I'm sure you are too) has very little to do with intellect.

phillyfan26 said:
In fact, I made a post saying essentially the same thing to her in the thread.
phillyfan26 said:
Hold on. Let's get one thing straight right now:

No, you didn't.

You did not come on here to get different views. If you really came here to get different views, you wouldn't get hyper-defensive over every point, you wouldn't call every point "FALSE accusation" and get pissed off at every single person who disagrees with you ... which is what you've done.

You came here for reasons I can't fathom, hoping that someone like "Kiwi" or whatever her name was in the last bullshit thread you posted would pat you on the back and agree with everything you spewed. Only, this time, it didn't happen. So, you just got defensive the whole time. You still are waiting here, hoping you can convince SOMEONE, ANYONE, and they'll be on your side at that point. That's what you're looking for.

Too bad you just met a wall of common sense. 'Tis a shame. You could have had one other sap here agreeing with every mindless comment you make. That would have been better, right?

You know what really makes me laugh? I mean shoot milk out of my nose laugh?

Pfan continually reposting here his posts in other threads. He kinda reminds me of my cat after it kills a mouse. He isn't happy until I've taken notice.

Here's a treat, Dante. ;)

It's called references Dalton. Usually because people like you with lazy asses ask "where's so and so's post." I'm playing ahead of the game.

Dalton said:
I used to smile and chuckle to myself when I came across a stupid person cause I thought, "Fuck'em. Evolution will sort them out." But then I saw idiocracy and my eyes were opened. Now I am afraid. Very, very afraid.

evolution eh?

curiousgeorgew.jpg

the rockin edge said:

we should make corn flavored kool-aid for people to drink, after they have donated sufficiently.:hmm:

Your place of worship could be inside a giant corn maze. :drool:

You know, I've done a lot of reading about Scientology over the past several years, and the tactics employed by the hierarchy are truly frightening. There were several excellent articles posted in that thread from very credible sources, but I seriously doubt that anyone who's defending them have bothered to read the articles. I really wouldn't mind if someone who read them disagreed with me, but when you clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about...ugh.

[/rant]

I would post and pretend to agree with her for the lulz, but I'm not sure if I fully understand what she's on about this time. Her friend's boyfriend is getting laid off, but was required (asked?) to take a final business trip for his job, and it makes perfect sense that he should, because if he keeps in good with the company, he has a chance of getting a new job with them, but the woman is all pissed he went?

So I could be like:

Oh my god! How dare that jerk leave his girlfriend to go on a business trip for those bastards that fired him! He should've been like "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME! I QUIT!" and then stayed home for a final romantic weekend with her before they completely run out of money and have to go on welfare. Seriously, the man has no sensitivity at all :tsk:

the rockin edge said:

why would you make a statement like that?

You're either with us or against us. Clearly, you've sided with the monkeys, who are only trying to emulate our brilliant leader, Mr. Bush. He did those faces first.

Terrorist. :tsk:

phillyfan26 said:

You're either with us or against us. Clearly, you've sided with the monkeys, who are only trying to emulate our brilliant leader, Mr. Bush. He did those faces first.

Terrorist. :tsk:

:lmao:

sorry, can't help but laugh when i see "brilliant leader" and "mr bush" in the same sentence.

got truthiness?

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I would post and pretend to agree with her for the lulz, but I'm not sure if I fully understand what she's on about this time. Her friend's boyfriend is getting laid off, but was required (asked?) to take a final business trip for his job, and it makes perfect sense that he should, because if he keeps in good with the company, he has a chance of getting a new job with them, but the woman is all pissed he went?

So I could be like:

Oh my god! How dare that jerk leave his girlfriend to go on a business trip for those bastards that fired him! He should've been like "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME! I QUIT!" and then stayed home for a final romantic weekend with her before they completely run out of money and have to go on welfare. Seriously, the man has no sensitivity at all :tsk:

She's had almost two entirely different stories:

STORY 1: He's going on a business trip in order to take a shot at a job with a sister company. It's unlikely, but still, it gives him a chance. Plus, he was already going, and wants to see Atlanta. My girlfriend wants him to say home with her to hang out for the weekend.

STORY 2: He's going on a business trip for NO REASON that's for sales when he's in warehouse. He's got no chance at getting a job with the sister comapny. He wants to see Atlanta, but he should be looking for a job NOW. There's a recession looming.

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Back
Top Bottom