The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was talking to a trucker today (don't ask) and he used the term "wetback" by which I am assuming (using context clues) that he was referring to Mexicans.

Do any of you know why that term is used?

And yes, PC brigade, I know that it is a racist term. No, of course, I would never use it. But I DO want to know why/how it originated.

Wow.

Muldfeld manages to make two posts: one being sad that no sequels can be made, and one that he hopes he didn't die in tacky company.

Cheesy? CHEESY?? IT'S MORE POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL THAN HEROES, DAMN IT!

The guy wrote 30 paragraph reviews of the show. It's not even his favorite show.

Liz, are you around? I didn't get a chance to burn the Extras dvds, and won't for a couple of weeks (Sarah's not coming home next weekend)...but the good news is it's premiering on The Comedy Network tonight at 10. :drool:

No matter where you go online (even in real life) what might be funny to some is insulting to others. It makes it SO difficult to moderate. /rant.

Oh, moderating has got to be a pain in the ass. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you guys for doing it. It's like reffing sports games: it's a thankless job.

Back
Top Bottom