The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said, I'm not a fan, but is it really going to make a difference? In baseball, it seems they often fire the GM when they've sunk and they're frustrated, because they feel they have to make a move - any move - to appease fans.

phillyfan26 said:

The real reason (IMO) was too many people bitched about him to the mods, plain and simple. He was becoming too controversial and too alienating.

I personally never minded him. I can think of a few I'd have preferred to leave before him, anyway.

agreed, :(

VintagePunk said:
Like I said, I'm not a fan, but is it really going to make a difference? In baseball, it seems they often fire the GM when they've sunk and they're frustrated, because they feel they have to make a move - any move - to appease fans.

It can't get much worse... I really think no one running the team at this point might be better...

VintagePunk said:

Or, in football, the team without a GM continually refuses to get one, even when they suck horribly, and their fans suffer as a result of the incompetence. :drool: Key example: Washington Redskins.

elevated_u2_fan said:

It can't get much worse... I really think no one running the team at this point might be better...

I think what Drea said yesterday in here hit the nail on the head, and I've been hearing the same thing from various sources for years now, that as long as The Leafs continue to sell out every game and have a waiting list into the next millennium for season tickets, the owners won't do what it takes to win.

elevated_u2_fan said:
somebody just posted "spoilers" for the 3D movie in EYKIW... wtf?

What exactly are they spoiling?

Have the admins taken some sort of vow of non-involvement or something?

13 threads about U23D on the first page alone.

This is getting out of hand. :sad:

Maybe they're taking a hands-off approach to teach us the error of our ways, so that we will mature and eventually become self-moderating?

Personally, I think lessons are better learned when someone loses a fake arm.

That "spoiler" was merely someone's review. I scanned it, and it sounded just like some random fan saying what she liked about every song. Pretty boring, and she didn't spoil anything as far as I could tell. :shrug:

ThoraSEB said:
That "spoiler" was merely someone's review. I scanned it, and it sounded just like some random fan saying what she liked about every song. Pretty boring, and she didn't spoil anything as far as I could tell. :shrug:

Maybe the track listing? Perhaps there are people that don't want to know what song is coming next?

Now, everyone, jsut stop for one second and think about this:

U2......

.in 3D.

And am I the only one that laughs everytime?

ThoraSEB said:

This is what I'm talking about... How surprising are U2 concerts that "spoiler warnings" are needed? Are there major plot points? Did he/she give away the surprise ending?

SPOILER ALERT GUYZ!!!

Bono is a ghost! He's been dead the whole concert!! :happy:

elevated_u2_fan said:

This is what I'm talking about... How surprising are U2 concerts that "spoiler warnings" are needed? Are there major plot points? Did he/she give away the surprise ending?

SPOILER ALERT GUYZ!!!

:drool: It explains the sunglasses. They've had to prop up his corpse for the entire show.

Kind of like the Packers will be doing with Favre 50 years from now. :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:

SPOILER ALERT GUYZ!!!

He sees starving people! They don't know they're hungry, guys! And Edge is really Bono's father! And Kevin Spacey is Larry Mullen Jr the whole time guys, Larry's not really retarded, it's all an act, guys! IT'S ALL AN ACT!

Back
Top Bottom