The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I see a mod posted in the MMG thread in ZC. I guess that's a clue as to why it's still open - maybe they think she's as insane as the rest of us.

I've seen all the mods posting over the weekend at some point. They know it exists.

It's not about defending them. Say one wrong thing, in their opinion, about the band, and they become defensive, as if you've hurt them personally. They're the ones that keep blindly defending the band, no matter what they do.

UberBeaver said:

Well, you're a Maniac and those people are Fanatics. Big difference. Fanatics blow shit up, Maniacs laugh at the destruction. See how that works, my loopy little friend?

You mean like the difference between a Chris Simon, who's a Fanatic and will kill if necessary, and Bob Probert, who's a Maniac, and will give you the beating of your life, but with more class?

BonoManiac said:
It's not about defending them. Say one wrong thing, in their opinion, about the band, and they become defensive, as if you've hurt them personally. They're the ones that keep blindly defending the band, no matter what they do.

That son of a bitch in your signature dominated the Isles last week. WTF is his problem? He's lucky I'm not a DiPietroFanatic or I'd go buck-wild on his ass.

Simon's a thug.

BonoManiac said:

You mean like the difference between a Chris Simon, who's a Fanatic and will kill if necessary, and Bob Probert, who's a Maniac, and will give you the beating of your life, but with more class?

Well said.

Clark Gillies FTW, though...he could fight you, but could and would score, too. And, he put a fucking beat down on that fop Barry Beck.

BonoManiac said:

Gillies' nephew was a solid contributor on Canada's recent world junior championship team.

I think I read that. Along with Bossy, Gillies was my favorite Islander as a kid. I just liked how he was tough, but not dirty, and had actual hockey skills.

BonoManiac said:

Thanks, but I'll pass. Maybe if Mike Milbury was OUR GM, we'd pull that trade. :wink:

A happy sports day for me was when Milbury was no longer our GM. Good lord, what a fucked up legacy he left behind.

I think he still works for Wang, on the non-hockey side, though.

No spoken words said:

A happy sports day for me was when Milbury was no longer our GM. Good lord, what a fucked up legacy he left behind.

I think he still works for Wang, on the non-hockey side, though.

He's all over the place now. He's an analyst on TSN (our ESPN) and I saw him on NBC's broadcast yesterday.

BonoManiac said:
Btw, Beav, I had never ventured into Dream Out Loud until today, and I thoroughly enjoyed your lyrics. What is the beat of that song like?

The first part, I don't remember actually. Just sorta free flow*. The second verse, after Maya, is a Public Enemy type beat.

* Sorry?

Back
Top Bottom