The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
May U2Man rest in peace.

136849289_b47cad71ca.jpg

Was Lance just in here?

See, Dalton? I told you that you weren't nearly as bad as U2Man. :sexywink:

Some days he would make me laugh, but other days I would want to thwap him. He was just one those people who could really push my buttons. Which was my issue, not his.

He emailed me a few times, random stuff. After he got banned he figured he wouldn't even bother trying to come back because he didn't want to change who he was and he knew he'd get banned again in a heartbeat if he came back.

I respect that.

No spoken words said:
Zoots starts threads based on the musings of U2man.

Yeah. That whole "U2Man said he could tell when a singer was gay" thing ... man, do you think Zoots really believed U2Man? I mean, really?

I can't believe he started that thread as if Banned!Doggie honestly believed that.

Which made me think a little less of Zoots, to be honest. I thought he was smarter than that.

What is it about U2 that brings out the fanatic in fans? Even at the height of my U2 obsession, I was still able to take, and even give, criticism about the band.

Hell, I found that comedian that poked fun at Edge's effects bloody hilarious, but some people, as was mentioned previously, took offence to it. This weekend notwithstanding, I usually go over to EYKIW for some comic relief, as there's a plethora of obtuse U2 'ultras', as I call them, who take things way to-ooo seriously.

corianderstem said:

Yeah. That whole "U2Man said he could tell when a singer was gay" thing ... man, do you think Zoots really believed U2Man? I mean, really?

I can't believe he started that thread as if Banned!Doggie honestly believed that.

Which made me think a little less of Zoots, to be honest. I thought he was smarter than that.

Zootles posts many things without thinking about them. don't think less of him :hug:

I usually end up against those ultras, because I'm not the biggest fan of U2's studio stuff: I love them live, studio's good but not great.

BonoManiac said:
What is it about U2 that brings out the fanatic in fans? Even at the height of my U2 obsession, I was still able to take, and even give, criticism about the band.

Hell, I found that comedian that poked fun at Edge's effects bloody hilarious, but some people, as was mentioned previously, took offence to it. This weekend notwithstanding, I usually go over to EYKIW for some comic relief, as there's a plethora of obtuse U2 'ultras', as I call them, who take things way to-ooo seriously.

Same here, Billy Jeana. You have to be able to laugh at yourself first, and all things will stem from that. I gave up defending U2 to people a long time ago. I just don't care who does or does not like them. I like them, that's what matters.

I thought that comedian was funny, too.

BonoManiac said:

Well, you're a Maniac and those people are Fanatics. Big difference. Fanatics blow shit up, Maniacs laugh at the destruction. See how that works, my loopy little friend?

Back
Top Bottom