The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
Clinton and Edwards are ganging up on Obama this time.

Too bad Obama isn't a woman, that way he could play the gender card as someone getting bullied the way she did for NH :rolleyes:

So, big Clinton fan, huh?

Drea said:

Sorry about the novel :lol: Call it fan frustration :wink: I think Harold Ballard was the closest hockey ever got to having a Steinbrenner, only Ballard was older and more cantankerous *snerk* Then again, the Leafs never had a coach equivalent to Billy Martin...

I used to hate Steinbrenner, and still have mixed feelings, but.....the fact is, he took a team that was absolutely horrid (The Yankees in the late 60's and early 70's were run by CBS, and poorly) and turned them into winners again. 6 World Series titles, with another 3 WS appearances, 18 total playoff appearances.....it's an interesting legacy he lives behind some day, but, winning was part of it.

unico said:

ruff and stuff :drool:
glad to hear you're not feeling any worse. keep us posted on the results!

Thanks...I've not mentioned it lately cos there's not a lot to tell.....when there is, good or bad, I'll post.

ruff and stuff FTW

So, today I was offered the position of Youth Director at a local church of my denomination, with $1500 pay for this semester.

It sounds very appealing, but I'm not sure how good I would be at that...dealing with kids...:uhoh:

No spoken words said:
then one of us would break the ice, usually me by looking at him with an angry face and say "Are you banging my Mother?".

:lol:

That is AWESOME. I wish I could joke around with my parents. I certainly didn't get my sense of humor from them.

I work with kids all the time at my job. If you feel really off about it, I can try to think of what I do, see if it helps.

corianderstem said:

:lol:

That is AWESOME. I wish I could joke around with my parents. I certainly didn't get my sense of humor from them.

Luckily for me, both of my parents, while not perfect, of course, are great....and, both have good senses of humor....my Mom especially. I most definitely got my sarcasm from her, and, the more quirky stuff from my Dad.

I'm also worried I may have too much on my plate this semester with Young Democrats, the Students for Obama group, elections etc.

Though locally after the Feb. 12 primary things should calm down.

U2democrat said:
So, today I was offered the position of Youth Director at a local church of my denomination, with $1500 pay for this semester.

It sounds very appealing, but I'm not sure how good I would be at that...dealing with kids...:uhoh:

Just from reading your posts, here and in other, earlier threads, I think you'd be great. I honestly do.

U2democrat said:

That's perfect training for your political career though. You laugh but you know it is true!

corianderstem said:

I have my dad's sense of humor for the most part. Very sarcastic, very quick.

My mom's not got much of a sense of humor.

And I can't really say anything sexual to them. Or political.

No spoken words said:

Just from reading your posts, here and in other, earlier threads, I think you'd be great. I honestly do.

Well thanks, I appreciate that support :yes:

It's something I'll want to talk over with my parents. I just don't want to overwhelm myself.

Then that $1500 just stands out so nicely.

My 12 and 10 year old brothers just told me they both want Barack Obama to win the Presidency.

I said, "Why's that?"

And my 10 year old brother goes, "Dude. His name is Barack Obama. That's awesome."

:cute:

phillyfan26 said:
My 12 and 10 year old brothers just told me they both want Barack Obama to win the Presidency.

I said, "Why's that?"

And my 10 year old brother goes, "Dude. His name is Barack Obama. That's awesome."

:cute:

Any other siblings, or just the 2 younger brothers?

Not as well as the other ones. I mean, it's not like we're constantly fighting each other, but we do get into a lot of arguments, and we don't talk to each other nearly as much as I talk to my other family members.

phillyfan26 said:
Not as well as the other ones. I mean, it's not like we're constantly fighting each other, but we do get into a lot of arguments, and we don't talk to each other nearly as much as I talk to my other family members.

Is he a lot like you?

I should have the time. On fridays my only class is at 12, and if the work is mostly on weekends that shouldn't be a problem.

I need to ask more questions though, i.e. how much time they're expecting me to work.

U2democrat said:

Well thanks, I appreciate that support :yes:

It's something I'll want to talk over with my parents. I just don't want to overwhelm myself.

Then that $1500 just stands out so nicely.

It sure does. But I'd definitely go over your current commitments before adding another. I think either last year or last semester you did feel overwhelmed at some point. You don't wanna burn out in college, you wanna have fun too! I also have to add that I concur with the others and I do think you'd be great at it. You and I share the same opinion on children, but when they're not our own they're cool, m i rite?

Dalton said:
So, just got back from my other thread (you should see it Pfan!) and I think its pretty safe to say that Bono's chest is ignoring me.

I've seen it. It's probably accurate. Well done.

One day this board will go to war over you when you eventually go down in flames like U2Man, and I'll defend you. Know that, Dalton. Know that.

Back
Top Bottom