The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: @ Dalton.

I hope you didn't do that just on my account. You already have some wrath from the mods lately.

Me, Chizip, and Canadiens had already made ridiculous threads. Chizip's was about U23D popcorn, Canadiens' about eyepatches, and mine about Bono. :bono:

phillyfan26 said:
They've been hands off moderating the last week, and it's probably the most enjoyable the forum has ever been.

I've noticed that. We got barely a weak smackdown from Bonochick in the NFL forum last night, and I can't imagine why they've left the ZC thread open.

I'm suspicious. :shifty:

VintagePunk, remember the Fametracker forums? Remember how batshit insane that place went when they announced they'd soon be closing and let the place turn into a free-for-all?

That was the best time ever for sitting back and watching all the vitriolic venting. Truly :corn: -worthy.

phillyfan26 said:
What's Fametracker?

It was a site started by some of the people from Television Without Pity (waaaay before Bravo bought the site). It had some random weirdly funny articles, and then forums for all aspects of pop culture.

Just lots of pop culture fans having (mostly) smart, snarky discussions about lots of things.

Some of the mods were not widely liked (and rightly so, in my opinion - some of them had some big egos, like them being "known" in some corners of the internet meant something more than it did). When they announced they were closing the site, they pretty much said "have at it" and stopped moderating.

Posters and former posters came out of the woodwork with guns a-blazin'. It was ugly, fascinating and hilarious.

BTW - Sicy's recent cracks on me have been a little over the top. Now I am no expert (that's such a strong word) in all things "love", but I am pretty sure she's got a crush on me. Now she's trying to show me by snapping at me, just like those little girls used to pull down my pants on the playground.

Alas, I really am married. Its kinda like Romeo & Julliet if you think about it.

I just noticed your location. So where exactly were people discussing this fascinating Xtina topic?

Early on in this thread I believe. All the good sites (like Bono's chest and Eddie Vedder's bed) were taken. All I could get was Xtina's pubic hair.

I said that this one might just be too far to be taken seriously cause I don't think that anyone believes Xtina actually has pubic hair.

corianderstem said:
It was a site started by some of the people from Television Without Pity (waaaay before Bravo bought the site). It had some random weirdly funny articles, and then forums for all aspects of pop culture.

Just lots of pop culture fans having (mostly) smart, snarky discussions about lots of things.

Some of the mods were not widely liked (and rightly so, in my opinion - some of them had some big egos, like them being "known" in some corners of the internet meant something more than it did). When they announced they were closing the site, they pretty much said "have at it" and stopped moderating.

Posters and former posters came out of the woodwork with guns a-blazin'. It was ugly, fascinating and hilarious.

That would be a lot of fun here.

I made a suggestion once in a thread about having banned members get one last "hurrah," one post to get everything they want to say out before they leave for good.

Ahhh, gotcha. Now it makes sense.

I read this weekend that she was in full makeup when she gave birth.

Good times.

corianderstem said:

VintagePunk, remember the Fametracker forums? Remember how batshit insane that place went when they announced they'd soon be closing and let the place turn into a free-for-all?

That was the best time ever for sitting back and watching all the vitriolic venting. Truly :corn: -worthy.

Good times. :drool:

I still mourn the loss of that site. :( I'd like to see those anti-Scientology people take on the FYM thread! Actually, I think that's where my interest in the subject first became aroused, by the Fametracker thread.

Okay, my daughter just sent me this IM regarding the new 500 gig external drive she just got this past weekend:

I'm looking at the lists of TV shows people with like 1 terrabyte have, going "Ooooh! Veronica Mars was supposed to be good! I can get Lost! I can get The 4400 and discuss its political implications with Mudfeld!!"

The snark doesn't fall far from the tree. :cute:

Yeah, the FYM thread is in sore need of some Scientology snark.

I finally actually posted there, because maycocksean posted what I was DYING to say, but didn't have the guts to, in case a) I didn't have the information quite right; or b) someone wanted to actually discuss it with me, and I didn't want to get involved.

Veep, do you visit Snarkfest? I go there occasionally but rarely post.

It's FT on a smaller scale, and without mod drama.

corianderstem said:
Ahhh, gotcha. Now it makes sense.

I read this weekend that she was in full makeup when she gave birth.

Good times.

She gave her birth? What did she have?

I hope her husband was right down in it with his rat face. Cause I'll be honest, as beautiful as birth is and all, it really, really stinks.

corianderstem said:
Yeah, the FYM thread is in sore need of some Scientology snark.

I finally actually posted there, because maycocksean posted what I was DYING to say, but didn't have the guts to, in case a) I didn't have the information quite right; or b) someone wanted to actually discuss it with me, and I didn't want to get involved.

I saw that, good for you! :up:

I was going to type out this long diatribe listing their sins, but then I figured that maybe people shouldn't be so lazy, and would inform themselves rather than being spoon-fed the information, because they're an intelligent bunch, right? They don't need me to tell them.

:sigh:

VintagePunk said:
Okay, my daughter just sent me this IM regarding the new 500 gig external drive she just got this past weekend:

The snark doesn't fall far from the tree. :cute:

Your daughter is aware of Muldfeld? :hyper:

Veep: No, you'd just get scolded for picking on someone else's religion.

Which I understand, yes that's a valid point, but I don't know why anyone would want to remotely defend Scientology.

Do they really think in 2,000 years it will sound less crazy? Like the whole Jesus story sounds now?

corianderstem said:

Veep, do you visit Snarkfest? I go there occasionally but rarely post.

It's FT on a smaller scale, and without mod drama.

I do go there, actually, but I've never posted. There are several threads in the General section that I keep up with. Thanks for pointing out its existence to me.

Do you frequent TWOP? I've been going there since it was Mighty Big TV, back around '98 or '99, I think. I've got a handful of posts over there, maybe 70? Talk about an over-moderated board. Whoa. Control freak, much?

I stopped going to TWOP a few years ago, but I used to love it. I stopped reading the forums because yeah, like you said. Then I kept up with the recaps of shows I liked, but then they stopped being funny and started being too mean. And just people writing because they liked the sound of their own typing.

I think I popped by recently to check out a recap for a show I'd forgotten to watch, and was so turned off by the new format of the site, I didn't bother.

See, the whole "yours sounded crazy" 2,000 years ago argument isn't very sound either. I mean how crazy does it sound that a small colonial area was able to win its freedom in a battle with Great Briton. Or that Afghanistan was able to win a war against Russia. Or that Vietnam was able to defeat the US. Or that George W Bush was able to be the POTUS for 8 years.

Its just not a good argument. You should take a look each claim on its own merits. And while I think it is retarded to say that you can PROVE that Christianity is the truth, it has some pretty solid historical evidence backing up its claims (some not all mind you) while Scientology is just bat shit crazy.

Back
Top Bottom