The Temple Bar....Happy New Year UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

I wish.

Thankfully I'll have Saturday/Sunday to myself as my parents go back down to NC to pick a site for their house they'll be moving into a year from now will be built on.

I just bought myself a ticket for the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner on Feb 9 which is the Virginia Democratic Party's biggest fundraiser.

Depending on what happens on Feb 5, most likely Barack and Hillary will be there. I plan to be loud and obnoxious for Barack.

I got 2 $50 checks for christmas, that's what I'm using.

I'm too angry right now, I will spend money to send a signal that Obama is the real future of this country...not friggin Hillary.

Go bust some beer bottles on Clinton signs!

I can't believe people are making such a big deal over her wavering her voice. I mean sheesh! Imagine what would be the media response if she farted! It's like "holy fuck she's human!" BIG DEAL!

Granted, people are probably not used to seeing a human, since we had Kerry and Bush last time. But damn. For real!

Well, this is the way I see it.

Sorta like football, it's no fun to watch one team slaughter another. It's best of both are head to head.

Now, I'm no fan of hers. However, I do think with the race being so tight the candidates are really gonna step outside of themselves here. Yeah, some may take some cheap shots, but some may really go out of their way to make a difference and show everyone that they will bring about the most change and they are the better candidate.

Then again, the candidate of my choice isn't even one of the front runners, so I'm coming from a place where I can say such things.

Just weighing in here as Miss First Time Voter....I watched the debates. This is a FYM kind of statement but I wasn't impressed by either side honestly. I found that "change" could be substituted by the word "stuff" for all the specifics mentioned. Remember, I haven't made up my mind, I'm looking for a candidate who will outline their policies for change using nouns and verbs and not whole language phrases. I'm doing my research and will vote in February in the primary but today I'm really not too impressed by anyone.

Oh and thanks for filling the hole in my CL collection Mia!

Last edited:
lynnok said:
Just weighing in here as Miss First Time Voter....I watched the debates. This is a FYM kind of statement but I wasn't impressed by either side honestly. I found that "change" could be substituted by the word "stuff" for all the specifics mentioned. Remember, I haven't made up my mind, I'm looking for a candidate who will outline their policies for change using nouns and verbs and not whole language phrases. I'm doing my research and will vote in February in the primary but today I'm really not too impressed by anyone.

I hear ya on that. To me most of my frustration comes with the frontrunners. They seem to regurgitate each other's soundbytes more than anything...though some get clever and consult a thesaurus. My preferred candidate speaks his mind and is clear and succinct about his policies, yet he is deemed a loon and dismissed for doing such things. Thus is the cycle of politics. :sigh:

Dalton said:
She's NOT human. FFS - look at the hair. If she's not a Terminator, my name isn't Sarah Connor.

BTW, did you all know I have a new show coming out? It will be very politically insightful. Check it out here.

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Could you imagine her and Robert Patrick joining forces? I'd be afraid to ever drink from a milk carton in this country again :sad:

so this is pretty much the best picture of me ever
n6211334_36387905_8580.jpg

Good morning, bar!

I don't pay much attention to politics, so I'm afraid I have nothing interesting to add to that discussion. I'm eligible to vote in the States too, but I never have. Maybe I should think about doing that this year...

:lol: Niiiice, Mia! :hi5:

and thats why i can never run for president. there's way too many priceless images of me floating around. i gave up trying to confiscate them all myself when digital cameras soared in popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom