The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I admit to knowing that the San Remo is the name of the NYC building in which Bono has a residence, will you all think I'm a crazy stalker person?

I've never been there, I promise. I gleaned that info by lurking in PLEBA, looking for drama.

:reject:

corianderstem said:
If I admit to knowing that the San Remo is the name of the NYC building in which Bono has a residence, will you all think I'm a crazy stalker person?

:yes:

corianderstem said:

No.

If you know the ages of his kids, where they attend school, which of them smoke, and what their favorite flavor of ice cream is, then you're a crazy stalker person.

BonoManiac said:

LOL. It's a town in northwestern Italy, near the French Riviera and where they have the annual music festival. Bono and Edge sang The Ground Beneath Her Feet there a few years ago, at the invitation of Pavarotti.

Did she follow them there? :huh:

:lol: It's apparently the name of his NYC co-op building, too. Everyone knows this but us, from what I gather. :hi5:

No spoken words said:

No.

If you know the ages of his kids, where they attend school, which of them smoke, and what their favorite flavor of ice cream is, then you're a crazy stalker person.

:shocked: So it's not normal to know that?

Dalton said:
I think I stood next to batshit at the Phoenix show during the first leg of Vertigo. She had a beach ball and a rose for Bono. If they are one and the same, Bono stayed FAR away when he came by.

I was one of the lucky ones that spoke to her in Chicago. :happy:

corianderstem said:

I've never been there, I promise. I gleaned that info by lurking in PLEBA, looking for drama.

:reject:

Ok, I remember reading somewhere that he lives in this building as well. Well, we all learned something new tonight!

I think I know a few random facts about Bono that would seem stalkerish. It's not the specifics though, it's the sheer number of details they know.

Dalton said:

This is exaggerated for effect, no?

Slightly.

I read a post where one person admonished another person by saying "Everyone knows how old Bono's kids are" in response to the first person questioning the 2nd person about perhaps knowing a little too much about the band, etc.

I know many random facts. For example, David Bowie got punched in his eye when he was fifteen, and it's dilated all the time, making his eyes look different colors (example: Life on Mars? video). He also is color blind in that eye and has poor depth perception as a result.

phillyfan26 said:
I think I know a few random facts about Bono that would seem stalkerish. It's not the specifics though, it's the sheer number of details they know.

Ahhh but it's what you deliriously imagine that makes the difference with fandom/stalking

Exactly, PFan. I've been a fan for a very long time. I've read a lot of stuff over that period of time, and by osmosis alone, have picked up bits of information I might not know about other bands. But, it's the quantity of it all that sort of freaks me out a bit, and how readily they know all of it.

I read U2 by U2, I was bound to pick up some knowledge. I do very little with it.

I creep myself out on how many random details I remember about people I know.

Back
Top Bottom