The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

Fuck it, yes I am.

Later y'all, be back in about 42 minutes.

:)

U2Dem, I just could not take his stupidity anymore. You know how I feel about FYM and all, I prefer to read and not react, but, he's such a fucking piece of work that I could not resist.

I don't blame you one bit. He's a special one.

Yeah, he's pretty much been one of my favourite characters since early in season 1.

Screw Jack, Sawyer and Locke, it's beyond me why the rest of them don't fall at Sayid's feet and proclaim him leader. He's been the most consistently sensible.

And then there's the whole eye candy factor.

Sayid does seem more of a natural leader type. Though, Locke, in his saner moments, seemed like decent leadership material too.

Ecko was my favorite character, but outside of that, Sayid and Locke are the two I find to be the most interesting.

I kind of waffle on characters, other than a few. I've loved Hurley since the beginning too, but what's not to love about him? Locke, I think I may have mentioned to you, I loved him for a long time, then he started marching to the beat of his own drummer when the island started influencing him more and more, and I found him a little frustrating and annoying, but I'm starting to regain some of my Locke respect again. But I do agree that like him or not, he is certainly interesting.

I never really liked Locke, per se, but I have always been interested in his story.

I dislike Hurley. :reject: Sorry. Just find him to be annoying, but, I was pleased when he rode that van right into the fray at the end of Season 3.

I miss Ecko. :(

I don't know, with Hurley, maybe it's a root for the underdog kind of thing? And the mental health aspect of his story interests me.

I didn't really get all that attached to Eko. I'm not sure why. I think that's while we were watching the dvds in rapid succession, so maybe there wasn't much time for him to make an impact on me? I did enjoy his backstory, though.

I like Jin and Sun a lot, too. They've been nonexistent so far this season. :( A lot of people seem to love Desmond too, and I don't really get that. He kind of annoys me, with his "brother" thing.

I am not a big Desmond fan.

The Jin/Sun flashbacks were some of my favorites, definitely.

I plowed through Seasons 1-2 on DVD, but loved Ecko anyway. Is it Eko? Ecko? Whatever, I thought he was fascinating, on and off the Island.

I've witnessed enough mental illness to last me a lifetime, that could be why that aspect means little to me re: Hurley. :)

I am going to go fucking finish that damn book so I can move on to the next one. I've enjoyed it at a certain level, but, 600 pages should not take 3 fucking weeks.

Sleep well, M'Lady Punk.

No spoken words said:
I am not a big Desmond fan.

The Jin/Sun flashbacks were some of my favorites, definitely.

I plowed through Seasons 1-2 on DVD, but loved Ecko anyway. Is it Eko? Ecko? Whatever, I thought he was fascinating, on and off the Island.

I've witnessed enough mental illness to last me a lifetime, that could be why that aspect means little to me re: Hurley. :)

I don't know if this ever happens to you, but sometimes when I watch a series really quickly via dvd marathons, it sort of blurs together for me, and I think I might lose some of the details...where things that might have made an impact on me viewing weekly are minimized. It was just last summer that we caught up, and already I want to go back and rewatch it. I should have done so before this season started.

Sweet dreams. I'm interested to hear what you thought of the book. :)

Morning Bar :wave:

I had a dream last night that involved Barack Obama's inauguration, sitting at a dinner table with my favorite men from NBC, and Dr. Ruth as a crazy nun...:ohmy:

It was entertaining, very much like a screwball comedy.

Last edited:
Let's just say that if my parents knew I had this and a Facebook ... they'd be unhappy.

And I'd probably stop posting quite suddenly.

I had a brief appearance on some kind of sports forum like four years ago. My father found out, and strongly admonished me for it. It's a privacy thing, for sure. They don't trust the Internet or trust me to keep myself out of trouble on here, I suppose.

In all honesty, the only way in which someone would find me on here is if they were looking for me specifically. I haven't left enough information to indicate who I am to anyone who doesn't know me.

I also think they'd be supremely pissed at the amount of time I've wasted on here. My mom always thinks I've slacked in school (despite my SAT scores and top 10% in class status), and this would light a fuse under her unforseen by mankind.

I respect the privacy concern from the parents of a teenager, hard to really argue with that.

As for wasting time, well, life's about balance to me, but, what the fuck do I know? My Mom lost it when I was 12 and not named Valedictorian of my grade school, but, I was glad that I'd played football and little league and read books and listened to music and played arcade games and got into mischief with my friends instead of studying around the clock. I think it helped make me a more interesting/well rounded/fun person....worse student, certainly, but, I sort of got good grades anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom