The Temple Bar: fun with a twist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to get the special edition, the regular edition was a gift.....

I'll say this, though...it reminded me once and for all what a fantastic tour that was.....and, that's the last tour where the power of Bono's voice is still going strong. He still sounds good to me, but, then, he just had more oomph to his voice.....

No spoken words said:
I need to get the special edition, the regular edition was a gift.....

I'll say this, though...it reminded me once and for all what a fantastic tour that was.....and, that's the last tour where the power of Bono's voice is still going strong. He still sounds good to me, but, then, he just had more oomph to his voice.....

that tour kicked ass. i think the 2nd dublin show was the best concert ever in the history of u2.

No spoken words said:
Thanks, Zoot...I was at both of those Yankee Stadium shows...few things were as cool as taking the 34 bus to the 4 Train to go see U2. :)

:shocked: I'm soooooo jealous!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :( :drool:

redhotswami said:

that tour kicked ass. i think the 2nd dublin show was the best concert ever in the history of u2.

I'm old enough to have seen them on the JT tour, so, that show will always be my favorite show, and favorite tour....but, Zoo is a dangerously close 2nd for me. The fact that they are playing AB songs helps propel it towards the top for me, but, I love the older stuff so much that the JT tour was very special for me.

No spoken words said:

I'm old enough to have seen them on the JT tour, so, that show will always be my favorite show, and favorite tour....but, Zoo is a dangerously close 2nd for me. The fact that they are playing AB songs helps propel it towards the top for me, but, I love the older stuff so much that the JT tour was very special for me.

which JT shows did you see?

Zootlesque said:

:shocked: I'm soooooo jealous!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :( :drool:

Zoot, it was mental overload for me. I had the $$$ to see them a few times, on the indoor portion had seen them out at was then Brendan Byrne, and also at the Nassau Coliseum....but, to see them in my borough, in the house that Ruth built, home of a baseball team I worship.....just a crazy confluence of things.....

Zootlesque said:
Zoo TV tour intro..... Zoo Station... :drool: :hyper: :heart: :love: :eek: :drool: :combust: :faint: :dead:

I LOVE that song....down in San Diego, for the first Vertigo show, was not paying attention to interference cos I wanted to have no idea what was being rehearsed, etc.....so, after the Human Rights video, that guitar riff rings out and I'm about as freaked out, in a good way, as I possibly can be....this after almost passing out when Electric Co and then, of all things, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart get played.....good times! :)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Zoot/GG go here for the Easter Egg...

http://www.hiddendvdeastereggs.com/films/2186.html

I saw U2 on the UF tour...that was the last tour they did as an 'up and coming' band. Fantastic show, the BEST show I've ever seen...Period!! :rockon:

how do people figure out these easter eggs? does it leak or does somebody actually experiment hitting all sorts of buttons?

No spoken words said:

I LOVE that song....down in San Diego, for the first Vertigo show, was not paying attention to interference cos I wanted to have no idea what was being rehearsed, etc.....so, after the Human Rights video, that guitar riff rings out and I'm about as freaked out, in a good way, as I possibly can be....this after almost passing out when Electric Co and then, of all things, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart get played.....good times! :)

I was kind of sad they didn't play Zoo Station for the HI show. But...I think they compensated nicely.

No spoken words said:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show374.html

Trip Through Your Wires got played twice because thye messed up the first time...Bono was just like "we messed this up the first time, so here it is again"...and on the way out of the concert, everyone kept singing "How long....to sing this song...."...very special.

Those were some great shows, eh NSW? JT tour was a great tour! :yes:

redhotswami said:

I was kind of sad they didn't play Zoo Station for the HI show. But...I think they compensated nicely.

Me too, but, it was still a great show...I had my heart set on hearing One Tree Hill at that show, but, as you know, no cigar....but, still, that was an amazing trip, an amazing night.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Those were some great shows, eh NSW? JT tour was a great tour! :yes:

Yeah, it was just the most outstanding concert I've ever seen....no frills, just the 4 of them...Bad was transcendent that night, I'll never forget that. :)

Reggie, do you recall what songs got played at the UF show you saw that never get played now?

I consider myself really lucky to have heard October and the Unforgettable Fire in concert.

No spoken words said:

Now I'm the jealous one.

It's my job to one up you NSW...you know, not to let your head get too big, too early in your Temple Bar experience.

You can thank me later...:whistle:

Seriously the first time I saw U2 was 3/5/85 in the LA Sports Arena...they opened with "11 O'clock Tick Tock"...I will never experience another concert like that again...though the 4/20/01 show in San Jose was pretty transcendant...:yes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

It's my job to one up you NSW...you know, not to let your head get too big, too early in your Temple Bar experience.

You can thank me later...:whistle:

Seriously the first time I saw U2 was 3/5/85 in the LA Sports Arena...they opened with "11 O'clock Tick Tock"...I will never experience another concert like that again...though the 4/20/01 show in San Jose was pretty transcendant...:yes:

Someone needs to keep my raging ego in check...who better to do the job than the Dawg?

11 O'Clock Tick Tock...fuck....Axver would kill to hear that.....same deal here, much as I loved the Zoo TV tour, there is not a chance I'll ever see a show like the JT show....just the beginning, Streets with the Red backdrop, spine tingling stuff....plus, then, when they performed SBS, they did it like they fucking meant it.....

No spoken words said:

Reggie, do you recall what songs got played at the UF show you saw that never get played now?

Like it was yesterday NSW:

A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, October, SECONDS!!!, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, let me think....MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Pride (In The Name of Love)

Seriously the greatest concert experience I've ever had.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Like it was yesterday NSW:

A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, October, SECONDS!!!, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, let me think....MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Pride (In The Name of Love)

Seriously the greatest concert experience I've ever had.

You heard A Sort of Homecoming.....I need a minute or two....

No spoken words said:

You heard A Sort of Homecoming.....I need a minute or two....

I heard it twice!! They played it at the 4/17/87 show (also at the LA Sports Arena). Bono was talking about the Irish Immigrants who brought over songs and how folk singers incorporated them into the standard music of America, and how they hoped they leave behind a few songs...it was magical stuff. :sad:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I heard it twice!! They played it at the 4/17/87 show (also at the LA Sports Arena). Bono was talking about the Irish Immigrants who brought over songs and how folk singers incorporated them into the standard music of America, and how they hoped they leave behind a few songs...it was magical stuff. :sad:

I don't know if anything about my interference name or signature gives this away, but, I sort of like that song

Back
Top Bottom