The Temple Bar, for the price of tea and a slice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never be embarrased, Reg!

So I started my new position at work this morning, and I've really done nothing at all! :lol: The woman who is training me isn't ready yet, so I'm sitting around waiting for her. I've moved all my stuff to my new desk, organized everything the way I like it, and changed my email signature.

I've been here for 2 hours now, so hopefully things will get going soon. :)

the rockin edge said:

Listen man, those were different times. You weren't there. We didn't have a choice. We HAD to have mullets, especially those of us that went to high school in New Jersey. It was mullet or ... I don't remember an alternative - unless you had an afro. DON'T JUDGE US!

Actually, I had a really weak "mullet". I was a disgrace to the mullet lovers, but we weren't allowed to have hair past our collars in my high school. I'm thankful for that now.

lol. I just remembered something funny. My friend had a half way decent mullet, and then the first Iraq war started. So he shaved his head in protest of the war and told everyone he wasn't cutting his hair again until the war ended. A week later the war was over and he looked like an olive. Oh how we laughed.

UberBeaver said:

Listen man, those were different times. You weren't there. We didn't have a choice. We HAD to have mullets, especially those of us that went to high school in New Jersey. It was mullet or ... I don't remember an alternative - unless you had an afro. DON'T JUDGE US!

Actually, I had a really weak "mullet". I was a disgrace to the mullet lovers, but we weren't allowed to have hair past our collars in my high school. I'm thankful for that now.

lol. I just remembered something funny. My friend had a half way decent mullet, and then the first Iraq war started. So he shaved his head in protest of the war and told everyone he wasn't cutting his hair again until the war ended. A week later the war was over and he looked like an olive. Oh how we laughed.

Exactly...don't judge me until you've rocked a mile in my mullet!! :rockon:

And my mullet was pretty damn weak too...hence the reason I won't post...that and the fact I'm too damn lazy to pull out a picture and scan it...:reject:

I put it on random and let it play what it will...wait until it hits my 'gangsta' rap'...that'll be the shocker!!

F*#k tha Police!!! :eyebrow:

Did you like 'Sad Eyes' by Robert John? Good, sappy, syrupy, 70's tune...actually 'good' is pushing it...:shifty:

: nope really

i think I was too young... AND lived on military bases with no access to music. The first song I remember hearing on a radio station was Another Brick in the Wall and it may have been out for years at that point.

:deprived:

You haven't lived a full life unless you remember being 6 years old, hearing Tina Turner's Private Dance album being blasted out of your dad's car speakers, with him doing the Saturday Night fever finger pointing thing in plain view of other cars. :yikes:

Luckily, a few short years later, I discovered all those record thingys he had in crates in the back room. The Rolling Stones, Beatles, Blondie, Eric Clapton, The Who, etc. :drool:

Motley Crue, Reg? I have a feeling the mullet was more fierce than you're letting on.... :flirt: :giggle:

:lol: When I was in my 20's...my concert list consisted of:

Aerosmith, GnR, David Lee Roth, Poison, Robert Plant, Kiss, Slaughter, Mötley Crüe, and Faster Pussycat....does that give you an idea of my musical leanings...!!! Oh, I left out the Cult!!! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom