The Temple Bar, for the price of tea and a slice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem. I understand. Good luck. Me, I hate bugs, all of em. I'm not happy til I know the thing is dead, and flushed away. bugs skeeve me out. So I guess it's along the same lines.

Are they there yet? How do they do it? Do they set a trap, with cheese?

The wildlife guy can't come till tmw. I've taken matters into my own hands:yikes: I went to the store and bought some traps (the easy set kind) and a really long tongs. I set the traps with peanut butter and put them along the walls in the bathroom.

Now we wait... :corn:

Before I went into the room with the traps I yelled and banged the door so the critter would hide himself before I went in...it worked..so far.

ThoraSEB said:

They played Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, which was definitely a shocker for me. Billie Joe came onstage to play Saints, and Eddie and Mike joined them for Rockin in the Free World.

and Maddy got onstage :hyper: :D

UberBeaver said:
Are the wildlife people going to kill the mouse? :(

I used to have a pet mouse. His name was Clancy.

I used to have a mouse named snowball

how ironic

large spiders or bugs that hop/fly or move quickly terrify me :yikes:

and bats :faint: nothing worse

Mice don't scare me

Mousetraps do.

Here's what you need to do: buy out the entire store of all it's mousetraps.
Set them all up, alternating, on the entire floor of your bathroom.
For added fun, place one pingpong ball on each trap.
Wait for the fun to begin.

Oh, and be careful they don't activate prematurely....then things get messy.
Trust me. :uhoh:

Fun and educational
:happy:

http://www.ap.smu.ca/demos/content/modern/mousetrap_reactor/mousetrap_reactor.html

Aaaaaand, the mice will be gone.

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
I went to the store and bought .... really long tongs.

HAHA. That's funny. I assume the tongs will be discarded after catching the mouse.

Did you get the glue traps, by any chance?

redkat said:
large spiders or bugs that hop/fly or move quickly terrify me

Yeah, bees or wasps freak me out. I am man enough to admit I get my wife to kill those things. She's fearless around bugs. There's something wrong with her. I have, however, learned to live with spiders because they kill the other bugs, but once they reach a certain size, they have to go. They're on a quota system in my house.

brighteststar said:
http://www.ap.smu.ca/demos/content/...ap_reactor.html

That is awesome.

I'm diggin this LAST.fm thing. Since I got the iPod it's sorta hard to find new music, cause I just listen to the music I have, and check out stuff I always meant to check out. But this last fm brings the new stuff to me. :)

I :heart: Bri :)

1. - I don't have 45 mins to set up
2. - The room is not 10 x10

Damn:mad:

I'll keep the tongs, however I will be wrapping the nasty end in a plastic bag. I will keep it for a few days in case I need it again. What will be getting dumped asap will be the traps. The tongs is to pick the trap up once it has been "activated", and place it in a bag. Hopefully there are not a lot of them, those traps are fricking expensive. Nothing but the best of the Victor line for my fellas :yes:

No glue traps - inhumane :(
Instant death - humane

You and my bro are the same Beav - he's afraid of spideys and bugs too. His GF has to kill everything. When we lived at home we lived downstairs. Every now and then in our bathroom I'd see a bug/spider corpse glued to the floor. The highschool basketball/football tough guy would have grabbed the

- you guessed it -

HAIRSPRAY, and sprayed the bug till it couldn't move. Then I'd have to clean it up :lmao:

UberBeaver said:
I'm diggin this LAST.fm thing. Since I got the iPod it's sorta hard to find new music, cause I just listen to the music I have, and check out stuff I always meant to check out. But this last fm brings the new stuff to me. :)

I've resisted this - how does it work exactly? does it show everything you listen to?:shifty:

snowbunny00774 said:

- you guessed it -

HAIRSPRAY, and sprayed the bug till it couldn't move. Then I'd have to clean it up :lmao:

sometimes I do it that way. Windex whatever I got then I'll vaccuum it up :yes:
:reject:

Beav- i love that about lastfm. I'm not one of those crazies :wink: that check their charts compulsively. I do like to see the music recommendations though. And say tilli is listening to something I've never heard I can check into it.

snowbunny00774 said:

I've resisted this - how does it work exactly? does it show everything you listen to?:shifty:

i only have the plug in on my laptop, which is a majority of my listening because most of the same stuff is on my ipod. There are a few cd's that are only in my car :shh: those never show up.

Plus you can disable it when you want to. I don't know how but it's probably easy.

here is mine http://www.last.fm/user/redkat/

snowbunny00774 said:
I :heart: Bri :)

1. - I don't have 45 mins to set up
2. - The room is not 10 x10

Damn:mad:

I'll keep the tongs, however I will be wrapping the nasty end in a plastic bag. I will keep it for a few days in case I need it again. What will be getting dumped asap will be the traps. The tongs is to pick the trap up once it has been "activated", and place it in a bag. Hopefully there are not a lot of them, those traps are fricking expensive. Nothing but the best of the Victor line for my fellas :yes:

No glue traps - inhumane :(
Instant death - humane

You and my bro are the same Beav - he's afraid of spideys and bugs too. His GF has to kill everything. When we lived at home we lived downstairs. Every now and then in our bathroom I'd see a bug/spider corpse glued to the floor. The highschool basketball/football tough guy would have grabbed the

- you guessed it -

:lol:

Love u2 :sexywink:

And just for the record...
45 mins is no where near the amount of time needed :crack:
and they F**in hurt! :scream:

I now jump 3 ft when something makes the disctinct snapping sound.

And 2, Tilex works SOOOO much better than hairspray.

<--- bug wimp

I haven't really figured the whole last.fm thing out yet, like right now it's playing music on the PC like a radio would, but you skip the stuff you don't like. And surprisingly the stuff it's putting out there is pretty good. I don't know if it shows everything you listen to. I'm not sure how long the log goes. If you skip a song it doesn't show anywhere, I know that.

As for the hairspraying the bugs, I kind of avoid the aerosol route, cause if it doesn't kill them, it just tends to piss them off, and I've had wasps chase me around a house because of aerosol not working. And that sucks.

I'm happy to see no glue traps. They really are inhumane. Poor little dudes.

Is it bad I try not to let my iTunes run when I'm in the shower or have to run downstairs for something, etc., in case something embarrassing comes on and thus shows up in my playlist without my knowledge? :shifty:

Cause you know, I can only go so long without you guys finding out about my Color me Badd's greatest hits mix. :shh: :lol:

i'm confused beav, are you listening to a podcast?

oh i found it. I've never used that feature before :lol:

the "listen" feature :der:

I have my first final tomorrow. I should study but i'm reasoning that I have a strong A. odds are slim I'll bomb it alltogether. soooo :hmm:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Is it bad I try not to let my iTunes run when I'm in the shower or have to run downstairs for something, etc., in case something embarrassing comes on and thus shows up in my playlist without my knowledge? :shifty:

Cause you know, I can only go so long without you guys finding out about my Color me Badd's greatest hits mix. :shh: :lol:

I've got some real crap on my itunes becuase it was downloaded off a large company's server and was used by hundered of people with questionable taste.

I'd NEVER just let it shuffle. I keep it on a playlist or my top rated list

i never leave my itunes on shuffle cos i have too many u2 bootlegs i don't even listen to, so it always plays crappy live versions of pride.

also i prefer obsessively listening to songs over and over, to a more balanced mix. :up:

redkat said:
i'm confused beav, are you listening to a podcast?

oh i found it. I've never used that feature before :lol:

the "listen" feature :der:

I have my first final tomorrow. I should study but i'm reasoning that I have a strong A. odds are slim I'll bomb it alltogether. soooo :hmm:

lol, I didn't know it did all that other stuff like track music in a Top 50. I just wanted like my own personal radio station of music I didn't have. HA. I didn't know about the overview until I clicked on your link. (Bloc Party just came on. :drool: )

Good luck on the final.

VertigoGal said:
i never leave my itunes on shuffle cos i have too many u2 bootlegs i don't even listen to, so it always plays crappy live versions of pride.

also i prefer obsessively listening to songs over and over, to a more balanced mix. :up:

You can set songs so that they don't play in shuffle mode. Go to "Get Info" "Option" there is a check box next to "Don't play in Shuffle". Or something along those lines.

This thing makes me feel like a stalker. :ohmy: Like you just listened to Let Down, right? That's the greatest Radiohead song ever. And then I hit "refresh" like, "What's she listening to now? COME ON!!! REFRESH! "

Back
Top Bottom