The Temple Bar.... drink up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed all the fun :grumpy:

Reg getting a hip replacement, Beav being appointed to the Supreme Court, Kat planning the passive aggresive sneak attack cable unplug.

:drool:

I missed it too! :sad:

Ah well, I've been having lots of fun this weekend, but it's time for me to try and get some sleep if I can. I've had a nice few days off, but it's back to work I go tomorrow. At least I'll get to partially start the new job!! :combust:

redkat said:
yep and I'm using that scenario :lol:

Are you really going to use The Thing as the defendant?

thing.gif

I wish they were tarts :drool:

lemon :combust:

beav do you really like the law?

conversion is coming up: same drill define the elements, possible defenses, damages available to the plaintiff then give a scenario argue both sides and decide your winner

I didn't use Thing in NIED it was Sharon and her granny who was hit in a construction site accident. Granny died somehow after breaking her hip :sad: Sharon got greedy and lost her case

K, so Sharon is coming back from the court where she just got lol-pwnd cause she got greedy and she sees on the ground, reflecting in the sun, a ring. She picks it up, dusts it off, and puts it on. She then realizes she can zap shit with it. She returns to the construction site and begins zapping shit. She makes the news and the owner of the ring realizes that some chick found his ring and is downtown zapping shit. He heads downtown, confronts the woman and says he wants the rings back. She refuses. Conversion is now complete. She zaps the fella. He gets sick as a result (See Shalala vs Whitecotton.) He sues to get his ring back, she has no real defense because though the ring was begotten legaly, she altered it's nature by zapping innocent shit (the ring was an instrument of good, she made it bad), therefore he wins, Sharon still has nothing.

Yes. I like law. I'd consider going to law school quite often, but I don't know that I can, at this point, afford law school, a baby coming, a house (which is tough to pay for now) and then all the work on top of a full time job. and the hours are whoamygod long. I also consider teaching, which would be easier to get into.

It never occured to me to include magic powers that might make this more fun :hyper:

I bet you'd be a good lawyer, but honestly I think you'd be a fun teacher and we need more of those.

one of my professors went to law school in her 40's single mom though her kids were older but she worked full time and was going through chemo. She still made it. She's my hero :up:

Take one law class at the local college and see how much you like it... or dislike it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom