The Temple Bar - Doozer's UYFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:

Don't bring NSW down for striking up conversation with me. That's mean. He gets enough from the Beav.

Beav gets as good as he gives, though. This one I usually give a free pass to since she actually makes me laugh.

No spoken words said:

Well, you're never nice to me, but, I've seen flashes of niceness from you towards others.

But, yes, if he ventures to the game and meets at least 3-4 strangers, several of whom are female, and he has a good time, it might give him a confidence boost. I hope he realizes you were serious about your invite.

lies, I haven't been nice to anyone on here yet :shifty: I meant I have the potential to be nice. which I would be if he came. I hope so too, I genuinely think it would be good for the guy.

No spoken words said:

This one I usually give a free pass to since she actually makes me laugh.

damn. I was aiming for crying. must.annoy.more.

u are kidding right? a babrbie dog toy line? although, really, I shouldn't be surprised.

that's cute though :cute: he seems like such a fun dog (albeit a chicken!)

snowbunny00774 said:
the adam's junk thread lasted longer than I thought it would. good work pleba :up:

May I point out that (a) that thread was started by a guy, and someone who I've never seen in Pleba before, and (b) most Plebans I know are not the way most people think of "Plebans" as being... and I will take the rational, respectful discussion in the PGP threads (with, admittedly, a side of :drool:ing) over any of the closeminded/disrespectful/any other adjective you'd like to use discussions in FYM any day of the week [/rantish]

Sorry, it just bugs the hell out of me that Plebans are lumped into the drooling fangirl stereotype when a pretty high percentage of them aren't :mad:

I do think PLEBA definitely gets an overly critical backlash from the non-PLEBAns of the board.

That said, I don't think the select few closeminded of FYM should define it anymore than the select few "fangirl stereotype" should define PLEBA.

i've got no beef w/ pleba. that one and fym were the first forums that i felt welcomed to post in.

and i agree...each forum has their diversity. i still pop in every now and then, and am treated nicely by ohers. i'm probably going to hear more news about the band over there sooner than i would in eykiw.

i don't think anybody meant any harm, drea. :hug:

This forum deserves to be hated on more than any other one. Unfortunately for its critics, we could just swallow them up with a huge number of posts. Because that's what we do.

:lol: so true! look at my post count! i avg about 20 posts per day now...and i know it is only so low b/c of my lower frequency of posts months ago. i'm sure i get about 100 a day now just chatting in here.

Same. I feel like a post whore.

I didn't post in any for my first seven months here. Then I had a brief stint in Describe, then nothing for a while. Then I stepped into here in the early summer.

Whether that was a good decision is up to you all now. Hopefully I can trust this bunch to make it alright.

phillyfan26 said:
I do think PLEBA definitely gets an overly critical backlash from the non-PLEBAns of the board.

That said, I don't think the select few closeminded of FYM should define it anymore than the select few "fangirl stereotype" should define PLEBA.

I said the discussions, not the people :) And I agree they shouldn't define it, I was stating that I've seen more calm and rational discussion in the PGP than in FYM - though I suppose I should've qualified it by saying that the threads I've seen in FYM have pretty much turned me off that forum...

There's quite a bit of calm, rational discussion in this forum as well - or at least in the Temple Bar :wink:

How can I lighten things up for you, Reggiekins? :flirt:

Drea said:

Sorry, it just bugs the hell out of me that Plebans are lumped into the drooling fangirl stereotype when a pretty high percentage of them aren't :mad:
:up::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom