The Temple Bar - Doozer's UYFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I love his work, but if you started and stopped, perhaps his style is not to your liking. He's a challenging writer, so, it's sometimes harder work than reading an Eddings. But it's so very worth it. He's amazingly talented and I consider him the best author in his field.

How about Stephen Donaldson? Ursula LeGuin? Dan Simmons? China Meiville?

No spoken words said:
Well, I love his work, but if you started and stopped, perhaps his style is not to your liking. He's a challenging writer, so, it's sometimes harder work than reading an Eddings. But it's so very worth it. He's amazingly talented and I consider him the best author in his field.

How about Stephen Donaldson? Ursula LeGuin? Dan Simmons? China Meiville?

I'll have to give him another try then...

I read a couple of Donaldson's "Thomas The Covenant" series but I couldn’t get into them and I lost interest.

I'm not familiar with the other authors you mentioned.

lol this is from a spam i got:

Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.Gy, lol.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'll have to give him another try then...

I read a couple of Donaldson's "Thomas The Covenant" series but I couldn’t get into them and I lost interest.

I'm not familiar with the other authors you mentioned.

Our tastes might be slightly off. I liked the Covenant series a lot.

Eh.

We'll always have Martin. :) Looking forward to the Fire and Ice book.

No spoken words said:
We'll always have Martin. :) Looking forward to the Fire and Ice book.

As am I, I love the fact the Martin has no problem killing off characters... It makes for a genuinely exciting read...

This is my complaint with someone like Eddings, I really enjoyed The Belgariad and The Malloreon series but there was never any real danger to any of the main characters...

Eddings was just so blah to me, Tolkien light. Same with Jordan, again, in my opinion.

Martin's stuff feels gritty. And, yes, once he kills off the King in the first book, you know that anything can go down.

Try Wolfe one more time.

what's wrong with don't stop believin? :sad: that's one of my karaoke greatest hits!

just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world...

oh and haha I didn't have to watch The Wire, I practically lived there! I was an honorary resident of the baltimore volunteer house. Fulton Avenue represent!!!! did you know that cabs increase their rates when they take you to that area? we were so mad! we just made him stop right there, paid, and walked the rest of the way home.

Really not feeling well...barely got through the school day.

Allergies+Cold=Bad, Bad Mix

unico said:

that is why i love you Thora, you crack me up :laugh:

:hi5: Fulton Ave!

:eek:

Thanks. :D

Oy. I've gone home from work because I wasn't feeling all that well, and it's just getting worse. I think I'm gonna have a nap or something.

Back
Top Bottom