The Temple Bar - Doozer's UYFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! Marathon Man. OK 0 I couldn't figure it out. I kept confusing with it "You have my axe" from Lord of the Rings. No idea why.

Dude - I was looking at a website last night. Halo 3 comes out in like 2 weeks. And they're making a Ninja Gaiden 2? :sad: This must be how ex-junkees feel when they end up at a party in the wrong part of town.

I love videogames but have never played any of the Halo games. Go figure. I just bought "bioshock" which everyone and their Mother is raving about. Have not played it yet, but I will eventually.

That "is it safe" scene freaks me out.

I bid $250 for 2 Leafs/Canadians tickets. And lost. Are you kidding me? What's wrong you people? They were shit seats too.

I am excited for the monkey invasion coming this year! You know what. THAT would make an awesome video game. Monkey Invasion. Fuck - I'm inventing it. Thanks Thora!

No spoken words said:

You should.

It's soooo much better in person than on TV.

Agreed.

I enjoy watching the games on TV, but if there's a chance I can see it live, I'm there.

Especially playoffs - those are so exciting!

there's some sort of minor league team in roanoke. my students went all the time. i just didn't have any free time to go. maybe i'll check out a caps game sometime. are they still the caps? are they still in dc? lol it has been sooooooo long since ive kept up with it.

UberBeaver said:
I bid $250 for 2 Leafs/Canadians tickets. And lost. Are you kidding me? What's wrong you people? They were shit seats too.

A)Leafs/Canadiens is one of the biggest hockey rivalries around, dating back to the Original Six days.

B)It's very likely a Sat night game which makes it even *more* difficult to get tickets - you literally *can't* buy a Sat night Leafs home game ticket, believe me I've tried!

C)Leafs tickets are harder than hell to come by in general, so even shit seats will go pretty high.

Yeah, Capitols should be better this year. Ovechkin is a Hero.

Drea said:

A)Leafs/Canadiens is one of the biggest hockey rivalries around, dating back to the Original Six days.

B)It's very likely a Sat night game which makes it even *more* difficult to get tickets - you literally *can't* buy a Sat night Leafs home game ticket, believe me I've tried!

C)Leafs tickets are harder than hell to come by in general, so even shit seats will go pretty high.

:(

I forgot to add D)Montreal is only 6 hours away, so the influx of their fans (whether from Montreal itself or closer to TO) makes it even harder...

Drea said:
I forgot to add D)Montreal is only 6 hours away, so the influx of their fans (whether from Montreal itself or closer to TO) makes it even harder...

Those crazy Montreal fans drove down to Long Island and commandeered a whole section of the Coliseum last year. They were awesome. And the year before that a groupd from Vancouver (I think) did the same thing. They began singing "Why Can't We Be Freinds" to the Islander's fans. lol. Canada. :cute:

One of the few tickets that are harder to get for the Leafs is TO/Buffalo, given how close the two cities are - I learned that the time I tried to get Sat night tickets (about 5 years ago when I was dating a Sabres fan) for one of those :wink:

UberBeaver said:
Oh, I didn't even think of Buffalo....probably because I never think of Buffalo. I always forget it's in the same state as I am. I'll check them out too. That's near TO.

True story about how dumb I am -

I had to go to a few NE cities for business, and was gonna wrap it up in NYC and stay for a few days.

So, my last stop before NYC was Buffalo, to visit an affiliate of ours up there, an affiliate which no longer exists, incidentally.

Anyway, my contact there picks me up at the airport, and we're driving to his office, and I'm talking to him but also looking out the window and asking myself "Why are there so many NY state license plates here???" before it finally dawns on me that I'm in NY state. Fucking idiot.

Back
Top Bottom