The Temple Bar - Doozer's UYFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd have to ask my husband if he recalls any being released, but I don't think there was one of the concert, just the movie.

There is always Roger Water's version from Berlin:
On July 21, 1990, Roger Waters delivered one of the most memorable rock events in history with an all-star line-up including Bryan Adams, Cyndi Lauper, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor and the Scorpions just to name a few. Waters recreated live the historic Pink Floyd album "The Wall" at Berlin, Germany's Potsdamer Platz just 8 months after the historic collapse of the Berlin Wall. The DVD offers an amazing 5.1 surround mix and includes a new 30-minute documentary, a section of Gerald Scarfe's animation footage and Mark Fisher's set & character designs. As an extra special bonus, unreleased film footage of Rupert Everett portraying Pink that was never used.

UberBeaver said:
He played Echoes on the last tour/ If I had known that, i would have gone. That's ridiculous.

Thanks, VP. I got it. Yeah, knowing it's Gilmour adds to it. I always sorta liked that song, but now it's credible. :D

Lila - are you aware of any good quality LIVE DVDs for The Wall - back when they toured it the first time?

Gilmour played all of Echoes last tour, like all 23 minutes of it. :bow:

The clips they showed of Europe tonight looked like the venues were pretty big. I think they said the NYC shows were Radio City Music Hall. The Toronto venue was Massey Hall for two nights, and I thin the capacity there is around 2,500. To see him in such an intimate setting was...well, beyond words.

Lila64 said:

I must have missed that post. So you paid $30 and you still don't own it, correct? :scratch: :tsk: :wink:

The Gilmour dvd is being released on Tuesday. If you haven't heard of it, I'm shocked. Maybe I shouldn't be though, considering you and hubby seem to think that Rogers was the sole creative genius, and as such, are sorely lacking out. :)

VintagePunk said:

The Gilmour dvd is being released on Tuesday. If you haven't heard of it, I'm shocked. Maybe I shouldn't be though, considering you and hubby seem to thin that Rogers was the sole create genius, and as such, are sorely lacking out. :)

:madwife:

Mia - why the sad face? :hug:

Lila64 said:

:madwife:

Mia - why the sad face? :hug:

I just got back from Irvine511's bday party. I managed to find like, The Only straight single man at a gay sports bar. And he was AMAZING. That is the best way I can describe him. Then I lost him...because it was a crowded bar with lots of men. And I didn't get the digits! :(

I mean, usually I don't. I just flirt around, but I was really liking this one. We had so much in common!

Lila64 said:

Wow. I honestly don't get your reaction. It's not like knocking down one makes the other better. I think you both need to research Gilmour's contribution to the band, and maybe to take a listen to On An Island....probably the most significant post-Floyd release of any member. :huh: Certainly much better than anything Roger's ever done solo.

VintagePunk said:

Wow. I honestly don't get your reaction. It's not like knocking down one makes the other better. I think you both need to research Gilmour's contribution to the band, and maybe to take a listen to On An Island....probably the most significant post-Floyd release of any member. :huh: Certainly much better than anything Roger's ever done solo.

Someone is a little sensitive! :wink: I'm just kidding. I was never really a Floyd fan per se, and I just enjoy Roger's stuff more from what I heard. You sent me something once, and I listened to it briefly. Snoozefest for me, sorry. No offense. And hubby is a bit older than both of us, so he may know more than I, that's for sure.

We just have different tastes & have to agree to disagree. :hug:

unico said:

:lol: i know!!! what are the odds? he's new in town, and had just walked 10 blocks looking for a bar that had the cubs game. That one was the only bar that showed it.

Gay men like baseball...:ohmy: I would've never guessed...:giggle:

Wow, how coincidental is that...:eyebrow: I mean you go for a party and this guy stumbles in...and voila....and then BOOM he's gone...I hope he didn't try to use the bathroom...:shifty:

Lila64 said:
aw Mia :hug: Dammit! Can you go back? Ask Irvine to look into for you? :shifty:

Hi Reg :flirt:

Hi everyone! BTW :hug:

I can't go back. I live about 30 min away. I looked around for awhile for him. We split b/c he went out for a smoke then I went to the restroom. But I took a long time b/c the girl in it before me took forever. So I think he may have thought that I split.

Irvine actually doesn't know him! Haha. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

VintagePunk said:

What Pink Floyd is more important than me...:mad:

:sad:

ThoraSEB said:
Hi all. :)

That sucks you didn't get his number, Mia. I hate it when things like that happen. :( :hug:

thanks Thora! just my luck right? :lol: oh well. it is. i had fun though. a BIG change from the bar scene in blacksburg where most of the guys are undergrads, married, or sketch.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Gay men like baseball...:ohmy: I would've never guessed...:giggle:

Wow, how coincidental is that...:eyebrow: I mean you go for a party and this guy stumbles in...and voila....and then BOOM he's gone...I hope he didn't try to use the bathroom...:shifty:

i know isn't that just wild? i seriously thought it'd just be an awkward night b/c i only knew Irvine, not anyone else. so i'd spend most of the night standing there by myself. but it wasn't like that at all!! we were talking most of the night!

Lila64 said:

Someone is a little sensitive! :wink: I'm just kidding. I was never really a Floyd fan per se, and I just enjoy Roger's stuff more from what I heard. You sent me something once, and I listened to it briefly. Snoozefest for me, sorry. No offense. And hubby is a bit older than both of us, so he may know more than I, that's for sure.

We just have different tastes & have to agree to disagree. :hug:

No, not really sensitive, I don't think. I just acknowledge the talents of both. And with Floyd, Gilmour was a major contributor....solo, he's hands down better than Waters. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom