The Temple Bar - Doozer's UYFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and there's a cute exchange between Bowie and Gilmour shown, which I believe is in the dvd extras. In it, Bowie is speaking of when he first heard of Gilmour/Pink Floyd. He states that his parents dragged him to a Pink Floyd concert when he was "6 or 7." Gilmour does a double take then says, "I think he's exaggerating." Bowie responds "okay, maybe I was 10."

Heh. Really cute. :)

I should probably be posting this in B&C. :shifty:

Oh yeah, I remember when I tied things together incredibly complicated to make them relate to U2 or something. There was some thread, I think you named something and tried to relate it to U2. Then I came in and intentionally made everything very complexly relate to U2. I had fun with that.

UberBeaver said:
Gilmour is my "Hero." See how that all ties together nicely? :)

:drool: I worship at his altar. I reject CoNJ and worship Gilmour. That's right, sukas.

And, is it wrong that, on this message board, I'm way more excited about his dvd release Tues than I am of that other band releasing a dvd? :shifty:

UberBeaver said:
When does this DVD come out? Gilmou + Bowie = Ultimate Win. Damn.

Tuesday, dude. Let's have a race. :drool:

Do you have Gilmour's On an Island? If not, I could hook you up. :whistle:

It was bizarre. That cd has grown so much on me, that in today's premiere, I was more pissed about the songs they l;eft off of that then the Pink Floyd songs they omitted. That cd is mostly a really chill cd, but it kicks all sorts of ass.

That's how the tour was set up, he performed that cd in it's entirety in the first half of the show, then the second half was all Floyd songs.

I mourn that you didn't get to see it. :(

VintagePunk said:

:drool: I worship at his altar. I reject CoNJ and worship Gilmour. That's right, sukas.

And, is it wrong that, on this message board, I'm way more excited about his dvd release Tues than I am of that other band releasing a dvd? :shifty:

Gilmour is recognized as a major diety in CoNJ. It's safe.

I didn't know they were coming out with a DVD. Don't they do that every few weeks?

I have on an Island, yes. Only listened to it a couple of times though - but I did like it.

I'm lightly beginning my work on my next Interference playlist game. Throwing songs by a bunch of artists that all make sense together. So far, it's a little easier than last time.

UberBeaver said:

Gilmour is recognized as a major diety in CoNJ. It's safe.

I didn't know they were coming out with a DVD. Don't they do that every few weeks?

Phew. :yikes:

Since their last album release, I'd say yeah, fans have sort of been inundated with new releases of various shit. Unlike some around here though, I don't really blame the band for that...they can do...whatever. Doesn't mean I have to run out and buy it the day it's released, and then bitch about how they just wanna make money. :shrug:

I'm assuming that in CoNJ, making money's not a bad thing, of course. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:
I left her the link on Facebook with the message: "Hopefully this makes that song sort of make sense."

In reference to this, she messaged me back: "I've actually seen the show and now I sort of feel stupid."

Victory wins again.

VintagePunk said:

I'm assuming that in CoNJ, making money's not a bad thing, of course. :drool:

Nope. CoNJ is fine with money and in fact fully supports it. It just doesn't ask for it. Which is nice, cause I don't like being asked for money.

phillyfan26 said:

In reference to this, she messaged me back: "I've actually seen the show and now I sort of feel stupid."

Victory wins again.

Nice! Now you have to get more quotes to throw at her.

UberBeaver said:
Nice! Now you have to get more quotes to throw at her.

I would take off all my clothes for you ... if that's what you're into.

Actually, maybe that might be taking it too far.

UberBeaver said:

I have on an Island, yes. Only listened to it a couple of times though - but I did like it.

I think that given it was a Pink Floyd solo release, my expectations for it were fairly low to begin with, but once I heard it I was pleasantly surprised. I seem to have a very short attention span musically there days, but since I was attending his show, I forced myself to listen to it, and I've seriously grown to love it. And now, if I go months between listening to it (Like I have recently), as soon as I hear one song I'm reminded that I not only like it, I love it, and need to listen to it again.

I dunno. The vibe of it just really appeals to me at times.

Settle down Pfan - that is NOT what I'm into. Sorry, man.

I'm trying to get tickets to see the Leafs play in Toronto but apparently that's pretty impossible. Jesus. Heh...that sentence sorta rhymes.

Some guy @ work gave me On an Island and some Warren Haynes (?) live CD. The Warren Hayen's thing had a great version of Radiohead's Lucky, but other than that, meh. The Gilmour CD I liked, but it must be at work cause it's not on my iTunes....dammit. I'll never find it there.

And with that, I'm out. I'm beat. Went to a wedding earlier, got home and napped, now I need to sleep. Good night.

On an Island is done. Now I'm going to have to put on the crapfest which is Paul McCartney's movie Give My Regards to Broadstreet in order to heal Gilmour do No More Lonely Nights. :mad:

UberBeaver said:
Can't you isolate that one song? Or it's on a DVD. I want to hear that now....dammit I was so close to sleeping.

I think I may have it....let me check, and if so, I'll PM it. Right now, it's Give My Regards to Broadstreet's Silly Love Songs. :cute: :mad:

I have a love/hate relationship with that dvd, such crap, so many good songs.

UberBeaver said:
I'm trying to get tickets to see the Leafs play in Toronto but apparently that's pretty impossible. Jesus. Heh...that sentence sorta rhymes.

:lol:

Good luck with that one! Seriously - getting hockey tickets in most Canadian cities is damn near impossible.

Canucks tickets went on sale this morning, and I was able to get tickets to 2 games, which was quite surprising. Normally I'm lucky if I just get one.

VintagePunk said:

I think I may have it....let me check, and if so, I'll PM it. Right now, it's Give My Regards to Broadstreet's Silly Love Songs. :cute: :mad:

I have a love/hate relationship with that dvd, such crap, so many good songs.

Wait - it's Paul McCartney singing and Gilmour on guitar? I never knew that, but the solo sounds like Gilmour - I can tell cause I felt "funny" when I heard it :drool: . I was hoping he sang it too. Oh well.

Yeah, I tried to get for a few different games and they were like, "Checking.....checking.....lol there's no more tickets- idiot. Go back to America and watch your silly 100 yard football."

:(

UberBeaver said:

Wait - it's Paul McCartney singing and Gilmour on guitar? I never knew that, but the solo sounds like Gilmour - I can tell cause I felt "funny" when I heard it :drool: . I was hoping he sang it too. Oh well.

Yeah, I tried to get for a few different games and they were like, "Checking.....checking.....lol there's no more tickets- idiot. Go back to America and watch your silly 100 yard football."

It IS Gilmour....I was amazed too, I've always loved that song, and now I know why, and feel somewhat justified. That's Gilmour's solo at the end. :drool:

Sent, btw.

UberBeaver said:

They often release more tickets closer to the game date, so there might still be a chance. Keep checking closer to that time, and something might pop up.

I've got a few contacts who can generally get me more tickets to games throughout the season, so I do end up going to more games than I initially get tickets for.

Lila64 said:

Thanks! :drool:

Just got back from seeing The Bourne Ultimatum :drool:
Watched The Departed that I had TiVo'd last night. :up:

Your welcome.

Both of those movies are fantastic! :drool:

VintagePunk said:

It IS Gilmour....I was amazed too, I've always loved that song, and now I know why, and feel somewhat justified. That's Gilmour's solo at the end. :drool:

Sent, btw.

There's just something SO appealing about the song that you just can't put your finger on, then once you know it's Gilmour, it's so obvious when you hear it...it totally sounds like him. :drool:

Btw, Lila, do you have advance access to his dvd? :drool:

He played Echoes on the last tour/ If I had known that, i would have gone. That's ridiculous.

Thanks, VP. I got it. Yeah, knowing it's Gilmour adds to it. I always sorta liked that song, but now it's credible. :D

Lila - are you aware of any good quality LIVE DVDs for The Wall - back when they toured it the first time?

Back
Top Bottom