The Temple Bar ~ Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:

Voldehoff.

I just did a spit take - thanks.

Rick James knew what he was talking about - the drug that fueled a decade!!

Don't rush to have a quieter time too soon Thora, enjoy the bigger celebrations while you're still in the mood, and not an old age pensioner like myself!

I wonder if Justin had the Bitch conversation today :hmm:

Beav = Sage :bow:

Last edited:
A spit-take is a comedic technique in which someone spits a beverage out of his or her mouth when he or she reacts to a statement during a take. In a spit-take, the reaction is usually one of surprise.

I had to look that up. I never knew it had a name. Learning something everyday!

UberBeaver said:
A spit-take is a comedic technique in which someone spits a beverage out of his or her mouth when he or she reacts to a statement during a take. In a spit-take, the reaction is usually one of surprise.

Happy to be of educational service to you. :takesabow:

UberBeaver said:

You, of all people, did not know what a spit take was??? You must induce more spit takes in a week than any interference user does in a month.....

My friends and I used to do "spit-take theater" when we worked in retail ages ago.....customers seemed to not enjoy it as much as we did. Eh.

No spoken words said:

You, of all people, did not know what a spit take was??? You must induce more spit takes in a week than any interference user does in a month.....

I wouldn't have been surprised if Beav had actually coined the term!!

No spoken words said:

My friends and I used to do "spit-take theater" when we worked in retail ages ago.....customers seemed to not enjoy it as much as we did. Eh.

weird customers..

Yeah, the customers actually wanted assistance and such, while we were trying to perfect the art of the spit take. Go figure.

If he did not coin the phrase, Beav sure has brought it back into fashion, he's far and away the funniest person on this site.

Can he read this?

Night Thora.

I'm actually going to go to bed, goodnight NSW, Beav if you're still here and anyone else.

Hope the back to work thing isn't too hard on those who had the whole week off.

Nite, Snow....

Beav, perish the thought re: being annoying, or an ass, or an annoying ass, and, I suspected you were literate, yes. The clues were everywhere.

UberBeaver said:
I planned on being in bed at 10:30 and read for a bit. It's now 11:24 and I'm here at the computer with shit to do. Ugh.

Good night.

Wow! I could say the exact same thing! :lol: :|

Night, Uber! :wave:

Ok, time to go mess around with this XBox 360 and see if I can even figure out how to set the friggin thing up....then go take a walk....might be back on later....goodnight to anyone in here now. :)

Why are we posting here? Isn't the other bar still open? 928 is going to be tough to beat, but I'm up for it :up:

*edit* I see at the bottom of this page that Sicy actually bumped it up to 929....:whistle:...I wonder if her post was good or :angry:

snowbunny00774 said:

Only sometimes :wink:

That hurts. Really. It does. ---> :sad: <--- Me. Right now. After reading this.

Actually I think the tears are because I listened to the Death Cab song "I will follow you into the dark." Jesus, that's some sad shit.

Last edited:
I love chocolate milk. In fact CM vs YooHoo is an unending debate I have myself. I can't decide which I prefer.

I got into Death Cab expecting them to ROCK! But they kinda don't ROCK the way I expected them too, but they're still good. Real good songwriting.

UberBeaver said:

That hurts. Really. It does. ---> :sad: <--- Me. Right now. After reading this.

Poor baby :hug:

I don't think I've ever heard DCFC although I've seen some chatter about them on here. Do either of you have any rec's on some songs to start off with?

snowbunny00774 said:

Poor baby :hug: <--- :mad: Are you patronizing me?

I don't think I've ever heard DCFC although I've seen some chatter about them on here. Do either of you have any rec's on some songs to start off with?

I'll go through the songs when I get home, cause I don't know the titles except for "New Year" and "I Will Follow You Into the Dark". Both are real good, but not really inclusive of how the band sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom