The Temple Bar - Doozer is in control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beav...why would someone brag about living in NYC most of their lives but never going to the Statue of Liberty? I mean, I can see taking things like the ESB for granted and never going....but, how do you live right near something like that and never go, then sort of boast about it? Eh.

ETA - RB, hello...and, you've never been to a U2 show before?

No spoken words said:
I had GA twice. Once at Continental Airlines Arena, where I met Ruffian and gave her a ticket....and once at MSG, where my friend got us hooked up in the ellipse without having to scan. That was fucking unreal, we were right in front of Edge all night long...for a long time fan like me who had never seen the band up close, that was amazing.

San Jose, I was with a friend, we were in crappy seats. Chicago, met up with U2girlcj and we were by the sound board. 9/20 was a cool show, and I had a great time in Chicago.

ETA - I got my San Jose ticket from an interlander. My friend already had 1 ticket, I just went and sat with her 1/2 way through the show...but as I sit here and think about things....the interlander who sold me the ticket...I do not recall her name...but I fucking swear I remember her mentioning that she was meeting up with Reggie before the show, in the Hotel I stayed in. Wow, I wonder if I am recalling this correctly.

Really? That'd be too weird, small world, eh?

I want to do at least one touristy thing in NYC. I've been three times but obviously haven't seen nearly enough. :drool:

RB - hope you make it to a show next tour. :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Really? That'd be too weird, small world, eh?

I want to do at least one touristy thing in NYC. I've been three times but obviously haven't seen nearly enough. :drool:

RB - hope you make it to a show next tour. :hug:

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that's what she said....i'm too lazy to look at my old posts and find out if I'm right. Reggie can confirm, perhaps, another time.

RB, that is sad, but, hopefully, the operative word was "yet". Think I saw them 11 or 12 times this past tour. And, apparently, every show I attended had interlanders I'd later run into in this thread. :)

NSW - I dunno. Was someone bragging? I finally went about 4 or 5 years ago. I'd never been. I was at the ESB once when I was little. I actually got engaged in the restaurant that was in the Tiwn Towers. That's probably the extent of my touristy NYC, aside from museums, but they don't count. And yeah, the Statue of Liberty is more than a tourist spot, it's a little peice of history, and the museum there is cool.

UberBeaver said:
NSW - I dunno. Was someone bragging? I finally went about 4 or 5 years ago. I'd never been. I was at the ESB once when I was little. I actually got engaged in the restaurant that was in the Tiwn Towers. That's probably the extent of my touristy NYC, aside from museums, but they don't count. And yeah, the Statue of Liberty is more than a tourist spot, it's a little peice of history, and the museum there is cool.

I asked because someone in the St. Patty's thread mentioned it, and it read, to me, like she was almost boasting about it, like, she's lived there all her life and never went, and neither should anyone else. Maybe I read the context of it wrong....thought maybe you saw it and had an opinion on it.

Museums do not count as touristy things, agreed. Museums and restaruants are still my favorite things about home.

UberBeaver said:

The Windows of the World? Wow... :slant:

That is cool, Beav. Kids, I'm off to go watch some Tivo stuff....have a good night and sleep well and I'll type to you tomorrow. Beav, if you want me to call this freal coworker of yours, let me know, I'm still down, and am down to conference someone in if they want a piece of this. :)

Hey SEB!

I keep getting tempted to use it in work situations but I don't think it would go down to well. I haven't even had a chance to do wingdings yet :(

If I'm in the office tmw I want to hear The Call :drool:

Do you think Numb will come on 03/17? That sucks he is still "retired".

I doubt the call will happen tomorrow. In fact, I wouldlike it very muh to happen on a day when she's all wound up. She was dead silent today. Not a peep. This is gonna take patience and coordination.

I don't know about Numb. I got an email from him today, he's doing ok, still looking for work though. I told him the day was on me, I'll see what he says. I'm not even sure I'm going to go to the show. I might just get some drinks at the bar before. I hope he makes it though. He's a funny dude.

Do it Thora - preferably on film :up:

I already volunteered his first drink and I think Kat had his second.

Are you going to the Pogues thing? My plan fot the day is - Parade, pub crawl, food, drinks at the bar and then the show. Hopefully we can coordinnate times to the maximum amount of people are around to meet.

Rick Gervaise is on Letterman! SWEET!

I doubt I'll go the Pogues. Ill probably sell the tickets on ebay. As much as I'd like to see them, I'd rather hang with the peeps on 3/17. I'll probably just meet everyone at a bar, grab some dinner, and when everyone goes to the show I'll probably head home to the wife and baby. It's really a play it by ear thing. There's a lot of people going. Awesome.

snowbunny00774 said:
Do it Thora - preferably on film :up:

I already volunteered his first drink and I think Kat had his second.

Are you going to the Pogues thing? My plan fot the day is - Parade, pub crawl, food, drinks at the bar and then the show. Hopefully we can coordinnate times to the maximum amount of people are around to meet.

:yes:

I'm so excited :hyper:

what's going on friday night? I don't get into JFK till nearly 8pm :(

I get in to LGA at around 4.20. Beav - what do you know about the $20 bus thing Zoney mentioned?

Kat - bad PM on the way, not horrible bad but bad enough

8pm isn't too bad. You an still be in the City and ready to go out by 10, which is a good time to head out. And it'll be like 7pm for you! You win!

The bus? I don't know. I never used it. A cab is about $30ish. But at 4:20 it might cost more due to traffic....
http://www.nyairportservice.com/fares.html <--- I guess he means that. Are you staying in Midtown?

Yeah - right near times square

Thanks for the link - that works even better- we only need one way, as we are heading off to Pearl River on the Sunday.

It' goig to eweird...my friend wanted to cancel yeerday, but I bough no refundable air tix so I'm not sure what her enthusiasm lvel ill be. I kind of wish she could cancel :(

I spilled pop onmy keboard.....fuck - now I have to clean each key :sad:

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:
:wave:

my back hurts like hell and i dont know why. :scream:

that happens to me all the time. It sucks. Just take it easy. Use ice.

snow - the bus seems like a good idea. I see them around so I guess they're credible. Then again, every year hundreds of toursits disappear. I'm not saying it's the buses, but they certainly have the means, no?

and i'm out. godd night.

Back
Top Bottom