The Temple Bar - Doozer is in control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:

That's true :hmm: I could then cross Philly off my states list

I need to learn about martinis :drool: Come visit April and we'll teach you Blackjack or err Carlos will

I'm off to the pharmacy my last insurance enabled visit :grumpy:

Oooh, we'll have martinis Friday night. Or Sunday morning with brunch. Whatevs. :wink:

Did my workout, feel good, want another drink, still have that bottle of Bailey's... :hmm:

And Philly's not a bad city at all. I ate in a Chinese restaurant and saw a little known Irish band there a couple years ago.

Maybe I'll price out flights tonight.

I usually like to read the transcript, because all the applause drives me crazy, but tonight I decided to watch. He's said "Nuke-u-lar" twice in the past 2 minutes.

He knows about Dafur!?!?!?

No spoken words said:
I usually like to read the transcript, because all the applause drives me crazy, but tonight I decided to watch. He's said "Nuke-u-lar" twice in the past 2 minutes.

He knows about Dafur!?!?!?

I was amazed. He must be reading the papers now. Nice that he's finally doing that after oh, six years in office.

It's like trying to watching Oprah, this thing, with the applause. Absofuckinglutely impossible.

I agree, he rarely says anything I want to really hear, but, I still pay attention....and with a new Democratic Congress, was interested to see what sort of tone he'd adopt. Also, got to hear "Madame Speaker", which was nice. I have Heroes on Tivo.

I had a 5 hour layover in the Netherlands, when I flew from Vienna back to LA...had another 3 hour layover in Memphis. That was a looooooong fucking day.

I forgot the SOTU was on. Was watching my Tivo'd shows: the 2nd half of 'One Life To Live' (guilty pleasure) and Oprah from yesterday 'Get Out Of Debt'. Interesting. Of course these couples combined make a ton of money. I don't even make what one half of the couple make :angry:

redkat - can you text your brother? That layover would be killa.

Chinese food :drool: May have to hit Paul's Kitchen downtown on Sunday, thanks to NSW :shifty:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Anyone? :hmm:

I don't need you to do that right now, but good to know...

Anyone, doubly so if it's for a friend. I love it.

I like how I am finding out which interlanders were at U2 shows I was at. I met one in Chicago, but a lot more of you were there on 9/20, I believe. Now, LMPA mentions San Jose...I was there for that one. I was at a lot of 'em. :)

McCarron is a very interesting airport....on a Friday night, the place is bursting with energy and hope....but go there on Sunday morning, and you are amongst the broke, the hung over, the embarassed, etc...awesome.

Oh yeah, I saw some interesting characters at that airport, Kat. :yikes:

I was at 9/20, NSW. Sicy and I were in the front row at the first SJ show. :love:

I don't think I ever screamed as hard in my life when I saw that empty spot in front of Edge. Maybe at MSG when I scanned Abby and myself in. Or, there was one other time, but it had nothing to do with U2 whatsoever...

Random facts about April: She a) has ridiculous luck with ticketbastard and b) scanned in like a rock star during the tour (I think I was 5 for 8 shows I had GA for)

I had GA twice. Once at Continental Airlines Arena, where I met Ruffian and gave her a ticket....and once at MSG, where my friend got us hooked up in the ellipse without having to scan. That was fucking unreal, we were right in front of Edge all night long...for a long time fan like me who had never seen the band up close, that was amazing.

San Jose, I was with a friend, we were in crappy seats. Chicago, met up with U2girlcj and we were by the sound board. 9/20 was a cool show, and I had a great time in Chicago.

ETA - I got my San Jose ticket from an interlander. My friend already had 1 ticket, I just went and sat with her 1/2 way through the show...but as I sit here and think about things....the interlander who sold me the ticket...I do not recall her name...but I fucking swear I remember her mentioning that she was meeting up with Reggie before the show, in the Hotel I stayed in. Wow, I wonder if I am recalling this correctly.

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
Oh wow. That must've been so awesome to be right up front :love:

After four years of not seeing them it was unfuckingbelievable. :love:

I never had GA for U2 until Elevation and had the second row twice then, so I got spoiled and Larry gave me a present heh and never wanted seats again. Being in the front as many times as I was last tour was amazing.

I still prefer seats, for a few reasons, but that one time in the ellipse was sublime. Ruffian was at that show, too, I found out afterwards...she was like 10 feet from me and I never saw her.

Back
Top Bottom