The Temple Bar - Doozer is in control - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #376
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB
I don't necessarily (goddamn it, how do you spell that word?!) have to be in on The Call, but I sure as hell want to hear it.

I need something funny - I could really use a laugh.
Well, Thora, I lack the ability to record it, at this point. So, for now, to hear it is to actually be on the call. However, if I can figure out how to record it, I'll do it. Hey, for all I know, I'll tank the call and it'll not even resemble anything comical. But if I go down, fuck it, I'll go down swinging.

VP, I love it when you talk technical talk, especially when it pertains to my business.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #377
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:45 AM
I have grand plans for The Call thing. If it goes well, which I fully anticipate that it will (look at the participants, the masterminds - Beav and NSW - how could it miss?), I think that it should be incorporated into some regular event, ala that improv troupe I posted the link for a few days ago. And each time, the plan for attack can be escalated. It'll be the bee's knees.

:rubshandsinglee:

Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #378
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Well, Thora, I lack the ability to record it, at this point. So, for now, to hear it is to actually be on the call. However, if I can figure out how to record it, I'll do it. Hey, for all I know, I'll tank the call and it'll not even resemble anything comical. But if I go down, fuck it, I'll go down swinging.

VP, I love it when you talk technical talk, especially when it pertains to my business.

Exxcellent (said a la Mr. Burns)! Even a play-by-play, no matter how good or bad The Call turns out to be, will be fabulous amusement.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #379
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
I have grand plans for The Call thing. If it goes well, which I fully anticipate that it will (look at the participants, the masterminds - Beav and NSW - how could it miss?), I think that it should be incorporated into some regular event, ala that improv troupe I posted the link for a few days ago. And each time, the plan for attack can be escalated. It'll be the bee's knees.

:rubshandsinglee:
Nobody would have to twist my arm to do this, be it monthly, weekly or every fucking day. You have no idea how right up my immature alley this is.

Beav's the funny one here, I just have a lot of zeal for the attempts at comedy.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #380
Blue Crack Distributor

I want to be in on The Call. I just need to hear it, then my life will be complete.

Well, until Slutfest.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I have NO idea where I picked that up. There are many, many things I should be remembering - especially pertaining to my vocation - but can I? Nooooo. But a useless (to me) technical term for camera/actor placement? No problemo. It's stuck in my noggin.

How are you today, Thora?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I want to be in on The Call. I just need to hear it, then my life will be complete.

Well, until Slutfest.
VP and LMPA on the call, Thora willing to wait for a transcript. I think I can do a 4-way (yes, Reggie, a 4-way) conference call on my work phone, so there would not be any more room, unless someone else does some conferencing. Can this possibly live up to the hype? Is it really more about the effort/journey than the results? Is the fact that a bunch of people who communicate digitally are coming together to make a conference call to one of the digital people's coworkers hilarious in itself, regardless of the actual outcome?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
How are you today, Thora?
I'm doing better, thanks. I had coffee with a good friend this morning, and told her the whole saga. She was awesome.

I wouldn't mind killing someone in the face though. That could be really fun! I have a lot of stress and frustration I need to get out somehow.

How about you?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

VP and LMPA on the call, Thora willing to wait for a transcript. I think I can do a 4-way (yes, Reggie, a 4-way) conference call on my work phone, so there would not be any more room, unless someone else does some conferencing. Can this possibly live up to the hype? Is it really more about the effort/journey than the results? Is the fact that a bunch of people who communicate digitally are coming together to make a conference call to one of the digital people's coworkers hilarious in itself, regardless of the actual outcome?
I'd like a digital play by play, same way I watch football

Thora the suspense is killing me When are you gonna update your journal?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB

I'm doing better, thanks. I had coffee with a good friend this morning, and told her the whole saga. She was awesome.

I wouldn't mind killing someone in the face though. That could be really fun! I have a lot of stress and frustration I need to get out somehow.

How about you?
Glad to hear it!

I'm pretty well, thanks. Just waiting for a call to pick up Sarah. Her class is done, she's just taking care of some scholarship things she has to submit later in the week.

I'm checking this job website, and sending out resumes. It's fucking with my head. I applied for one job a while ago, and then the next time I refreshed the site, it was no longer up. Then it was. :killintheface:
Old 01-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #386
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

You're right, it's all about the journey. I just have a feeling that hilarity will ensue at the destination, too.

Hi April, Kat
Old 01-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #387
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:

Blocking = tech talk for proper positioning of actors/cameras, for an optimal filming and viewing experience.

Even more important. Fuck that 12 year old perv in Wichita. He's just an annyong little POS anyway. Good work, VP!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #388
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:

Is it really more about the effort/journey than the results?
Mr. Frodo, dont you die on me, Mr. Frodo! Don't you die on Samwise Gamgee, Mr. Frodo.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

Mr. Frodo, dont you die on me, Mr. Frodo! Don't you die on Samwise Gamgee, Mr. Frodo.

Ok, we need a photoshop wiz in this thread, like yesterday.

NSW and Beav's heads on the bodies of Frodo and Sam.

It would be classic, I tell you.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
Thora the suspense is killing me When are you gonna update your journal?
I'm re-thinking keeping that entry up, so I'll fill you in via PM.