The Temple Bar: Don't Forget The Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:

Art class junior year, my art teacher had us put a collage of stuff together from magazines. I thought "Oooh, fun." After we did it, she said "Now you're going to draw it!" :|

:lol:

We did that same sort of thing in grade 11, but we had to paint it. With watercolours. :happy:

Actually, come to think of it, that was the collage I made based on Beautiful day....

daygloeyes2 said:
I write too NSW

A 4-year old could draw better than me. But I think I'm a pretty good writer.

I read better than I write. :)

For academic or professional writing, I'm good, it's a strength, if I may actually acknowledge something I'm decent at. But, for creative writing....despite having a fertile imagination and despite a life-long love affair with books....and having a servicable vocabulary....I cannot make all of these things combine to serve me and help me produce something compelling or entertaining. But I keep at it, because I enjoy it and because it's therapuetic and because it exercises a side of my brain that lies dormant otherwise. Blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble.

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol:

We did that same sort of thing in grade 11, but we had to paint it. With watercolours. :happy:

Actually, come to think of it, that was the collage I made based on Beautiful day....

You're a fabulous artist.

And don't try to tell me otherwise missy! :shame: I remember the Bono/Edge drawing you did. :up:

No spoken words said:

I read better than I write. :)

For academic or professional writing, I'm good, it's a strength, if I may actually acknowledge something I'm decent at. But, for creative writing....despite having a fertile imagination and despite a life-long love affair with books....and having a servicable vocabulary....I cannot make all of these things combine to serve me and help me produce something compelling or entertaining. But I keep at it, because I enjoy it and because it's therapuetic and because it exercises a side of my brain that lies dormant otherwise. Blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble.

Dear sir, I can tell you that you are highly entertaining.
I would think your style would suit newspapers/magazines.
Editorial sections and the like. :yes:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Dear sir, I can tell you that you are highly entertaining.
I would think your style would suit newspapers/magazines.
Editorial sections and the like. :yes:

Thank you. I wish I could agree. :)

But, I mean entertaining in the "I'm riveted by this book's plot" and not in the "that was amusing" sense. I think I can make people laugh, but I would love to have the ability to draw them in and make them forget everything for a few pages....make them think and thrill, etc....That's beyond my ability, but, that's ok. And, that makes me admire the authors that impact me all the more.

daygloeyes2 said:

You're a fabulous artist.

And don't try to tell me otherwise missy! :shame: I remember the Bono/Edge drawing you did. :up:

You flatter me so. :flirt:

You should have seen some of the stuff kids did in my class though. There was some AMAZING skillz.

But I'm quite proud of my painting of that collage.

That and the life sized plaster figure I have of my friend....more for the memories.
She had to walk around like a mummy all day, wrapped waist to neck in plaster bandages. :lmao:

Mia, I usually enjoy fooling around with any of the mediums....I really enjoy watercolours though (when they co-operate with my wants and desires :wink: ) and clay can be a lot of fun too.

~BrightestStar~ said:

You flatter me so. :flirt:

You should have seen some of the stuff kids did in my class though. There was some AMAZING skillz.

But I'm quite proud of my painting of that collage.

That and the life sized plaster figure I have of my friend....more for the memories.
She had to walk around like a mummy all day, wrapped waist to neck in plaster bandages. :lmao:

Mia, I usually enjoy fooling around with any of the mediums....I really enjoy watercolours though (when they co-operate with my wants and desires :wink: ) and clay can be a lot of fun too.

I want to see something you created, Brighty.

Feel like sharing? No pressure/worries if not.

redhotswami said:
Mike I think you're writing style is hilarious! Someday you're gonna have to stop with the self-depricating and accept it :wink:

There's little you could compliment me on that I'd actually accept as true. Small list. Eh.

I love when I derail this thread by getting all serious. I need to keep things on the comedic tip. :)

Here's a haiku, then:

Mia can do art
And DG likes to write stuff
Bri calls me Pokey

Not great, but, that took 10 seconds so leave me alone. :)

ZBoneWatercolour.jpg

DG, I'll go check my PM now...no pop up :angry:

Back
Top Bottom