The Temple Bar: Don't Forget The Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: WE FUCKING DID IT!!!

UberBeaver said:

So.....you like Arcade Fire better than U2?

I'd be the asshole yelling for more AF.

No. I hear Wake Up and I flashback to hearing it at U2 concerts. Again, when you heard this on the PA system, it meant U2 was about to take the stage. So, those of us that attended a # of shows got to experience what I'm describing a few times and likely will forever associate the song with U2 taking the stage, which is an exciting moment for us.

UberBeaver said:

Thanks. I really thought I was the only one that found it amusing. The Canada one makes me chuckle too.

Both make me laugh, but the killintheface one gets used too much so I'm afraid it will soon lose its potency.

UberBeaver said:

I have a similar problem. I got a call for a BS position, and was less than overjoyed with it, and well, I guess it came through, cause they never called me back. :D

I have no idea how I projected myself, and I don't really care all that much. This isn't in my field. I have several resumes floating around out there for things that are in my field, and I hope I hear from one of them before I'm reduced to something like this.

:moregreatattitude:

VintagePunk said:

I have no idea how I projected myself, and I don't really care all that much. This isn't in my field. I have several resumes floating around out there for things that are in my field, and I hope I hear from one of them before I'm reduced to something like this.

I'd comment on this, but, maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself. This is not the proper forum anyway, this thread.

ETA - The Canada thing still cracks me up, while the killintheface thing used to crack me up each time, and now it's an occasional chuckle. I'm worried that I'm already tired of it. But, most of you are already tired of me, yet I'm still here, so what does that tell you? You do the math.

VintagePunk said:

Oh, I thought this was an internal move. I didn't realize it was a whole new job. Gotcha. Good luck.

What's your field? Does it involve kicking and ass? Cause it fucking should.

No spoken words said:

I'd comment on this, but, maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself. This is not the proper forum anyway, this thread.

:uhoh: PM me with your comments, if you want.

I remind you of people you've interviewed in the past who have piss-poor attitudes, don't I? :)

UberBeaver said:

Oh, I thought this was an internal move. I didn't realize it was a whole new job. Gotcha. Good luck.

Yeah, definitely not the right forum. :)

VintagePunk said:

I remind you of people you've interviewed in the past who have piss-poor attitudes, don't I? :)

No, it's not exactly that.

VP, the last thing you probably need, or were looking for, was actual, serious feedback on your post. I should not have even typed my reply, my mistake.

VintagePunk said:

Actually, I like your attitude. You're remaining positive that you're gonna get the job in your field that you really want, and you ain't settlin for nothin'!!! I need that attitude. I've already whored myself out to shite jobs :sigh: but thankfully, I haven't committed to them...yet.

UberBeaver said:

Psychology. With a specialty in kicking ass, psychologically, or otherwise.

I'm still just a lowly student, so an internal move is not possible. Unless I moved to "still a student."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom