The Temple Bar: Don't Forget The Lemon - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 AM   #241
Blue Crack Addict
 
daygloeyes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: No Emily's Allowed
Posts: 26,459
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


These are the times where I wish I knew what the fuck I was talking about...it would help.

That's pretty much the story of my life.
__________________

__________________
daygloeyes2 is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 AM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2


Art class junior year, my art teacher had us put a collage of stuff together from magazines. I thought "Oooh, fun." After we did it, she said "Now you're going to draw it!"



We did that same sort of thing in grade 11, but we had to paint it. With watercolours.

Actually, come to think of it, that was the collage I made based on Beautiful day....
__________________

__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #243
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Bri - I love charcoal and oil paint you??
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #244
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
I write too NSW

A 4-year old could draw better than me. But I think I'm a pretty good writer.
I read better than I write.

For academic or professional writing, I'm good, it's a strength, if I may actually acknowledge something I'm decent at. But, for creative writing....despite having a fertile imagination and despite a life-long love affair with books....and having a servicable vocabulary....I cannot make all of these things combine to serve me and help me produce something compelling or entertaining. But I keep at it, because I enjoy it and because it's therapuetic and because it exercises a side of my brain that lies dormant otherwise. Blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #245
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

These are the times where I wish I knew what the fuck I was talking about...it would help.




I'll buy one of those bumper stickers.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #246
Blue Crack Addict
 
daygloeyes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: No Emily's Allowed
Posts: 26,459
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~





We did that same sort of thing in grade 11, but we had to paint it. With watercolours.

Actually, come to think of it, that was the collage I made based on Beautiful day....
You're a fabulous artist.

And don't try to tell me otherwise missy! I remember the Bono/Edge drawing you did.
__________________
daygloeyes2 is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM   #247
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


I read better than I write.

For academic or professional writing, I'm good, it's a strength, if I may actually acknowledge something I'm decent at. But, for creative writing....despite having a fertile imagination and despite a life-long love affair with books....and having a servicable vocabulary....I cannot make all of these things combine to serve me and help me produce something compelling or entertaining. But I keep at it, because I enjoy it and because it's therapuetic and because it exercises a side of my brain that lies dormant otherwise. Blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble.
Dear sir, I can tell you that you are highly entertaining.
I would think your style would suit newspapers/magazines.
Editorial sections and the like.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #248
Blue Crack Addict
 
daygloeyes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: No Emily's Allowed
Posts: 26,459
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


Dear sir, I can tell you that you are highly entertaining.
I would think your style would suit newspapers/magazines.
Editorial sections and the like.
I agree.
__________________
daygloeyes2 is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


Dear sir, I can tell you that you are highly entertaining.
I would think your style would suit newspapers/magazines.
Editorial sections and the like.
Thank you. I wish I could agree.

But, I mean entertaining in the "I'm riveted by this book's plot" and not in the "that was amusing" sense. I think I can make people laugh, but I would love to have the ability to draw them in and make them forget everything for a few pages....make them think and thrill, etc....That's beyond my ability, but, that's ok. And, that makes me admire the authors that impact me all the more.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #250
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2


You're a fabulous artist.

And don't try to tell me otherwise missy! I remember the Bono/Edge drawing you did.
You flatter me so.


You should have seen some of the stuff kids did in my class though. There was some AMAZING skillz.


But I'm quite proud of my painting of that collage.


That and the life sized plaster figure I have of my friend....more for the memories.
She had to walk around like a mummy all day, wrapped waist to neck in plaster bandages.



Mia, I usually enjoy fooling around with any of the mediums....I really enjoy watercolours though (when they co-operate with my wants and desires ) and clay can be a lot of fun too.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 AM   #251
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


You flatter me so.


You should have seen some of the stuff kids did in my class though. There was some AMAZING skillz.


But I'm quite proud of my painting of that collage.


That and the life sized plaster figure I have of my friend....more for the memories.
She had to walk around like a mummy all day, wrapped waist to neck in plaster bandages.



Mia, I usually enjoy fooling around with any of the mediums....I really enjoy watercolours though (when they co-operate with my wants and desires ) and clay can be a lot of fun too.
I want to see something you created, Brighty.

Feel like sharing? No pressure/worries if not.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 AM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Mike I think you're writing style is hilarious! Someday you're gonna have to stop with the self-depricating and accept it
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 AM   #253
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
Mike I think you're writing style is hilarious! Someday you're gonna have to stop with the self-depricating and accept it
There's little you could compliment me on that I'd actually accept as true. Small list. Eh.

I love when I derail this thread by getting all serious. I need to keep things on the comedic tip.

Here's a haiku, then:

Mia can do art
And DG likes to write stuff
Bri calls me Pokey

Not great, but, that took 10 seconds so leave me alone.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 AM   #254
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Umm...just a sec Pokey...I'll see if I can find something in my pb accounts...


I wish I had a pic of the plaster figure.
It freaks people out when they go into the basement...they think it's a perosn
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 AM   #255
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami
Mike I think you're writing style is hilarious! Someday you're gonna have to stop with the self-depricating and accept it
Here, here.
__________________

__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com