The Temple Bar - Doing 'It' 'Cos We Can!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

No. YOU are missing the point here. I know I'm not obligated to buy it. Doesn't mean it is NOT a cheap money making move by U2 Corporation. You and the other U2 apologists here seem to be ignoring the fact that this was a very calculated move by this band to sell the same music once again. :|

I know several people who are not hardcore fans who have bought it, and they're thoroughly enjoying it. Of course it's a calculated move. Who in the entertainment industry doesn't make calculated moves? :huh: That still doesn't negate the fact that you're not obligated to purchase it.

VintagePunk said:

I don't know about you, but Paul McGuinness and John Sampson showed up at my place several days ago. McGuinness verbally berated me in a threatening manner, while Sampson glared at me, looking on sternly, his body language implying that he was ready to get physical if need be. I didn't even have to go to a store, I bought U218 from them on the spot. Then they peacefully left, muttering that I had fulfilled my contract as a U2 fan.

:wink:

I love the way John glares :love:

Zootlesque said:

You know what, I'm gonna let it go. Cos there's no point in arguing about this. See you guys later. :wave:

You sound like you're really disillusioned, and that's too bad. I think it's safe to say though, that there are millions of fans out there who welcome this release, and the small but vocal group on here who seem to diss every move the band makes these days are not necessarily representative of their entire fan-base.

As an "apologist," maybe I just don't see it as something to get worked up over. It seems very simple to me - if you want it, buy it...if you don't, then don't. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

So if we refuse to buy it, does that make it okay? :|

Is it okay that U2 are still trying to rip off the fans by releasing this unnecessary collection? "It is not for you! It is for the casual fan!" you say? Then why are they including 2 new tracks? Why are they including a previously unreleased dvd? Seems like a very calculated move to rope in new fans as well as rip off the old ones. :|

It's still a cheap money grabbing move, whether we buy it or not.

dude, almost all 'hits' cd's have one or 2 new tracks or something on them. and all 'hits' cd's are money grabbing moves.:wink: i only buy hits cd's from band i dont really already have anything from.

stop the clocks is out now, but i wont buy it just for the new track on it. can't justify the money. that doesn't mean i'm mad at Oasis.:whistle:

the rockin edge said:

stop the clocks is out now, but i wont buy it just for the new track on it. can't justify the money. that doesn't mean i'm mad at Oasis.:whistle:

It has a new track on it? :ohmy:

Though heck I nearly bought Stop the Clocks just because I liked the look of it! Oasis has got a special 'Collector's Edition' Stop the Clocks EP out here at the minute with Acquiesce, The Masterplan, Some Might Say live from 1995 and the demo version of Cigarettes and Alcohol. I nearly bought that too but what's the point really when I already own half of the songs on it? :shrug:

TheQuiet1 said:

It has a new track on it? :ohmy:

Though heck I nearly bought Stop the Clocks just because I liked the look of it! Oasis has got a special 'Collector's Edition' Stop the Clocks EP out here at the minute with Acquiesce, The Masterplan, Some Might Say live from 1995 and the demo version of Cigarettes and Alcohol. I nearly bought that too but what's the point really when I already own half of the songs on it? :shrug:

ok i just checked and it doesn't have a new track. i could've sworn the one i saw last week had a track called 'stop the clocks' on it. i must be losing it :uhoh:

there is a version out with bonus dvd though. i'm still not really interested cos yes, i own most of what's on the cd already. i don't like buying the same song twice.

:sigh:

This is getting old....I make a decree:

Only discuss your displeasure with current or future U2 releases in their appropriate forum. This is a bar for mingling and enjoy one another's company, let's leave our petty differences outside the bar.

Can't we all just get along?

Reggie Thee Dog said:
:sigh:

This is getting old....I make a decree:

Only discuss your displeasure with current or future U2 releases in their appropriate forum. This is a bar for mingling and enjoy one another's company, let's leave our petty differences outside the bar.

Can't we all just get along?

:uhoh:

Wanna punish me? :flirt:

VintagePunk said:

:uhoh:

Wanna punish me? :flirt:

:hmm:

Well, let me pull out my leather strap...and you can lay across my lap and we'll see if that is enough punishment for you...missy!!

And GG..you'd better watch out or you next...:sexywink:

I wanna man:hug: Zoot and let him know we all still :love: him. :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom