The Temple Bar - Doing 'It' 'Cos We Can!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:

I don't know, but if you want 'it', please allow me to supply you!! :drool:

:combust:

zootles I only paid $7 for it so I can't see taking it back. I was only able to find one version. i havent' seen the video one in the stores

I haven't opened it yet though :shifty: I've got a lot of new music lately

They could have easily released this as just a single for The Saints Are Coming with WITS as Bside. There was no need for this compilation. I consider my returning of this CD/DVD as a slap in the face of U2 Corporation. :happy:

And I'm not happy seeing my favorite band try cheap tricks like this one and try to rip the fans off! I'm not happy for slapping them in the face. :| :(

No no, I seriously understand why you're upset...it's really starting to get on my nerves all this useless stuff they're putting out

Reggie Thee Dog said:
:lol:

Everyone's so cynical over one, X-mas release...ah, to be young an idealistic again. Alas I am old and jaded...so I'm keeping mine and loving every minute of it...:yes:

:love:

You'd almost think they were being forced to buy it, wouldn't you? :shifty: :wink:

VintagePunk said:

:love:

You'd almost think they were being forced to buy it, wouldn't you? :shifty: :wink:

No one put a gun to my head...:no: Hey it is what it is. Everything will show up as a CD single or a download sooner or later, so if you don't want to buy the full CD now just be patient and everything will show up.

And Thora...the snow is great!! It's frosty a little south of you, but no snow here in California. :no:

Last edited:
It's very beautiful, but the roads are disastrous. I'm hoping that it clears up soon, because I haven't been able to drive since Saturday! :lol:

You're not thrilled about going to CA?

No because it's interrupting my Christmas Break

We have to go to the bowl game with the football team, it's requirement for Marching band, and break starts on the 15th, and they want us in San Diego on the 17th

WTF?! Two days later?

VintagePunk said:

So if we refuse to buy it, does that make it okay? :|

Is it okay that U2 are still trying to rip off the fans by releasing this unnecessary collection? "It is not for you! It is for the casual fan!" you say? Then why are they including 2 new tracks? Why are they including a previously unreleased dvd? Seems like a very calculated move to rope in new fans as well as rip off the old ones. :|

Reggie Thee Dog said:
No one put a gun to my head...:no: Hey it is what it is. Everything will show up as a CD single or a download sooner or later, so if you don't want to buy the full CD now just be patient and everything will show up.

It's still a cheap money grabbing move, whether we buy it or not.

U2Man, are you being sarcastic or are you actually agreeing with my post? I can never tell with you these days.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

No one put a gun to my head...:no:

I don't know about you, but Paul McGuinness and John Sampson showed up at my place several days ago. McGuinness verbally berated me in a threatening manner, while Sampson glared at me, looking on sternly, his body language implying that he was ready to get physical if need be. I didn't even have to go to a store, I bought U218 from them on the spot. Then they peacefully left, muttering that I had fulfilled my contract as a U2 fan.

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

So if we refuse to buy it, does that make it okay? :|

Is it okay that U2 are still trying to rip off the fans by releasing this unnecessary collection? "It is not for you! It is for the casual fan!" you say? Then why are they including 2 new tracks? Why are they including a previously unreleased dvd? Seems like a very calculated move to rope in new fans as well as rip off the old ones. :|

It's still a cheap money grabbing move, whether we buy it or not.

Okay, you seem to be missing the point here - you are NOT obligated to buy it! I really don't get how that's a difficult concept. :lol: If it offends you, then you were absolutely right to return it. :up:

VintagePunk said:

Okay, you seem to be missing the point here - you are NOT obligated to buy it! I really don't get how that's a difficult concept. :lol: If it offends you, then you were absolutely right to return it. :up:

No. YOU are missing the point here. I know I'm not obligated to buy it. Doesn't mean it is NOT a cheap money making move by U2 Corporation. You and the other U2 apologists here seem to be ignoring the fact that this was a very calculated move by this band to sell the same music once again. :|

You know what, I'm gonna let it go. Cos there's no point in arguing about this. See you guys later. :wave:

I have to agree that I think the album alone is a bit ridiculous, but as I already said, I AM going to buy the album for the DVD and book and give the album to my mom for Christmas, because she loves compilation cds

Back
Top Bottom