The Temple Bar - Delayed Until 2009.....MUYFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm planning on going Armoured if I do (and if my vision is good enough - it wasn't for Infantry when I applied for the Reserves), so I would definitely get at least one tour, probably in 2010 (depending on how fast the application goes through). The government says we're going to pull out in 2011 so I probably wouldn't get another, but if we stay longer I most certainly would. And if I don't I'd likely get a tour somewhere else (Bosnia, a UN mission, etc).

This would be a huge step for me. It would get me out of Halifax (I'd be training in Meaford, ON and Gagetown, NB and posted to a unit either in Ottawa or Edmonton), and the pay is good. It's available to me right now, and I know I'd at least find it extremely interesting. I wouldn't mind a tour, either. But at the same time I'm more or less signing my life over to the DND for the next 5/6 years. By that time I'd be financially set up to do whatever I like, and I'd certainly have my student loans paid off.

I've been considering this since I got back from Boot Camp, and now it's becoming more and more of a possibility. I don't want to get stuck in Halifax doing something boring/low-paying simply because I have bills to pay and can't afford to start over in something else. Now's the time to do it if I'm ever going to.

I have to go into the unit tonight to do a little work, so I think I'll ask about getting the transfer in motion when I'm there.

One of my cousins just went back in two weeks ago. He's been through a couple of tours in Af, and then his GF made him quit. He was miserable working for other people (he didn't feel like that in the army, and he said when he went out to the oil wells the money was fantastic but getting off the bus each trip he had to fight not to vomit, he just felt like a piece of nothing), he really missed being in, and was looking forward to the life again. It's funny, because he was the biggest shit disturber I knew, and got his ass kicked repeatedly in boot camp, they drilled him so bad, and now he wants in again. I'm hoping to get out to Edmonton sooner rather than later to visit him :heart:

Good luck if that's what you end up doing Dave :up:

Some websites are telling me that if I couldn't get infantry with my vision, I won't be able to get armour either. I wanna drive one of these fuckers :drool:

LAV-III.jpg

Ah well, it makes sense. I'm not 100% sure on my second choice yet though...combat engineering or medic? :hmm:

enjoy your hours and hours of class, you're a better woman than me that's for sure :up:

Elfa - I’ll make whatever lame jokes I like, and you’ll damn well like it or be quiet. Don’t make me sic my childhood friend on you :cute:

nice lame joke :sexywink:
so apparently i can't count. i get 2 15 minute breaks today. this is the 2nd. on the bright side, in about 3ish hours i'll be knocking back the chardonnay.

what'd i miss?

true. and sometimes you just don't pack for your trip very well. or you're in a hurry and somethings got to give. or so I heard :shifty:

been there. but i remedied the situation by scrubbing in a bowl and drying with a hairdryer. it makes for great conversation during the entire trip though, especially during those long awkward pauses in conversation:

"so i've got one panty to last this whole week. so far, so good!"

been there. but i remedied the situation by scrubbing in a bowl and drying with a hairdryer. it makes for great conversation during the entire trip though, especially during those long awkward pauses in conversation:

"so i've got one panty to last this whole week. so far, so good!"

:lol:

on the bright side, in about 3ish hours i'll be knocking back the chardonnay.

Me too :D

I've got my last practice of the season tonight YAYYAYAYAYYAY and then I'm coming home and having either a long hot bath or hot tub or both, depends on how cold and wet I get :angry:

I will then commence drinking a trough of wine. I'm the only one in the office tmw :cheerleadersmileybreakoutworthy:( :

I may treat you all to the trough drinking results...we'll see :sexywink:

Guys, I've just solved the problems of mankind. Bono and Edge will take over Coldplay and Adam and Larry will merge into Radiohead...kindof makes my head explode just thinking about how much that fixes...

Guys, I've just solved the problems of mankind. Bono and Edge will take over Coldplay and Adam and Larry will merge into Radiohead...kindof makes my head explode just thinking about how much that fixes...

we need a snickering smiley lol...have you shared that with the rest of the forum...i want to see heads explode like popcorn :rubshandswithglee:

Me too :D

I've got my last practice of the season tonight YAYYAYAYAYYAY and then I'm coming home and having either a long hot bath or hot tub or both, depends on how cold and wet I get :angry:

I will then commence drinking a trough of wine. I'm the only one in the office tmw :cheerleadersmileybreakoutworthy:( :

I may treat you all to the trough drinking results...we'll see :sexywink:

hurry back! class ended early, so i'm already gettin started. hollaaaaaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom