The Temple Bar: Defying Gravity UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!111111

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I'm a life-long 76'er fan, so as soon as I got a license, my best friend and I used to drive down to Philly a few times a year to go to the Spectrum. And, sometimes, seriously, I had no idea what people were saying.....this, though, from a guy who has a Bronx accent that is nothing to brag about.

I miss you Andrew Toney. :(

I never thought we had that strong of an accent. We say a few words with variations, but overall, it's easier to understand than a New York or a Boston. Or so I thought...

I don't actually remember half of what makes it unique. I just remember "wooder" and "Iggles," which, I might add, is exactly how I say those words.

I'm going to search it on wikipedia. :hmm:

VintagePunk said:

Um, hello? Where do I live? I'm serious. :)

Is it just regular crust? :clueless:

You'll have to take me out for some when I meet the folks and impress them with my Jew-speak. :cute:

If you have a pulse, my parents will be impressed at this point.

NY pizza is great not because of any one thing. It's just a food that you can get everywhere in the city, and it's usually inexpensive, big and tastes great. Certain areas are known for certain foods....and NYC has great pizza. Plenty of bad things about my home, but, can't knock the pizza, unless of course you prefer Chicago style, which is perfectly understandable. :)

U2Girl1978 said:

Yea I am going to work until I pop. :lol:

And Bri, my feet are horrible looking. I've got huge ass monkey feet. :lmao:

That's what my friend did too, but on reduced hours. But whoo boy, you got my respect...in those last few weeks I don't think I could do it. :no:

:lmao:!!
We'll you're not alone my friend's descrition of her feet wasn't too far from that.

Altho I think the thing I remember most was her colourful description telling me about how sometimes the baby's elbow, knee or whatever will cause this bump to grow out of one's stomach....ala Alien. :lol:

No spoken words said:

If you have a pulse, my parents will be impressed at this point.

NY pizza is great not because of any one thing. It's just a food that you can get everywhere in the city, and it's usually inexpensive, big and tastes great. Certain areas are known for certain foods....and NYC has great pizza. Plenty of bad things about my home, but, can't knock the pizza, unless of course you prefer Chicago style, which is perfectly understandable. :)

You're still not telling me what the pizza is like, just that it's not like Chicago's. :mad:

I do very well with lowered expectations. And I'm alive. It might work. :up:

StomachFoot.jpg

VintagePunk said:
Dis has baby pics up?? I didn't know. I'm a bad, bad person. :shame: :(

Jules, it's a shame your hospital doesn't allow more. I don't know how you guys leave them that soon. :(

Well if I had short term disability, I would stay out for three months but we need the money right now. :(

You've missed Dis' little Wilder??? omg, he is a cute little bugger!

~BrightestStar~ said:

That's what my friend did too, but on reduced hours. But whoo boy, you got my respect...in those last few weeks I don't think I could do it. :no:

:lmao:!!
We'll you're not alone my friend's descrition of her feet wasn't too far from that.

Altho I think the thing I remember most was her colourful description telling me about how sometimes the baby's elbow, knee or whatever will cause this bump to grow out of one's stomach....ala Alien. :lol:

The good thing about my job is I sit down for most of the day! :up:

I feel like my belly is going to explode with the way she acts!

phillyfan26 said:

I might spray with a hose just so you can hear me say "wooder."

I just met a guy from Philly and that is the only word you could hear an accent on. He's been out here a number of years but still.

I prefer thin crust too. I have had Giordano's (?) brought in by a traveling friend. it was good.

~BrightestStar~ said:

What if I don't want to? :angry:

Besides, what goes down there can't be summerized. You should now that.
Don't you remember your roots? *shakesheadsadly*

Have you heard Wild's news? Or about SG getting an essay published?

Wild and I PM, so I know her news as of earlier this week, unless it's new news. :shifty:

And I think I read about SG's essay back when she found out, when it was still possible to keep up with that thread. :crazy: Not so much, these days...

Back
Top Bottom