The Temple Bar: Defying Gravity UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!111111

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
I have a digital camera that's several years old. She's welcome to share it with me if she can take care of it. But I know a nice shiny new one with better features would be preferred. It should be me getting the new one, not her :sigh:

\notamoneymachine

:lol: I don't have a digital camera, Sarah does. I don't have a 40 gig video iPod, or any iPod, for that matter, Sarah does. My cell phone is so old skool and huge, it takes two hands to lift it. Sarah's is nice and small and new. Welcome to being a parent. :wink:

Just passing through....

I got my camera as a gift...umm...a few years ago...so I can't tell you the price. (but I don't imagine is was much outside your price range)
It's a Canon powershot...5 megapixels (not 6...does that mean I lose? :sad: )....takes video, real easy to use - numerous settings but nothing too complex. I've never had any problems with it.
Oh, and the screen moves and flips and stuff...which comes in handy.

Of course, if you were looking for cheap, I got a 5 dollar digital camera at canadian tire that can be apparently be used as a web came ( doubtful :uhoh: ) takes video and pics.....of course, it's got the quality of a cell camera..but still it's itty bitty and was 5 bucks!

~BrightestStar~ said:
5 megapixels (not 6...does that mean I lose? :sad: )

I think Sarah's is 4, if I'm not mistaken? I think that's what was standard when she got it? And it's just fine. Actually, I've heard (probably in the techie thread) that the bigger they get, the more distorted the pics are??

Missy, you have a thread to reply to. :angry:

what model do you have Bri? :hmm: Canon's were recommended in Vorsprung..

And VP, if anyone gets the better stuff, it's me, dammit. I worked for it. Kids have to learn they can't just get everything they want dammit! :happy:

BTW, she wanted a cellphone, and again, that cost money per month. So I gave her my old one, and got a camera phone for myself right before Hawaii. Now she wants text messaging added, which is more money per month, not to mention I'm sure she'd like a "cooler" phone. Not that she always takes it with her and has it on :grumpy:

Parenthood :sigh: :wink:

My current camera is an HP, 3.2 MP

I just bought a canon powershot $279 from Costco.

Lila I'd let her have your old one save for a nice one for yourself. Get her something else on her list. I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a camera for someone in high school. :shrug:

offers wine :happy:

thanks redkat :drunk:

I don't know what else to do. I could give her cash. But I don't know if that's what she'd rather have. Then again, if I got the camera, I might need to borrow it on occasion... :hmm:

Lila64 said:
what model do you have Bri? :hmm: Canon's were recommended in Vorsprung..

And VP, if anyone gets the better stuff, it's me, dammit. I worked for it. Kids have to learn they can't just get everything they want dammit! :happy:

BTW, she wanted a cellphone, and again, that cost money per month. So I gave her my old one, and got a camera phone for myself right before Hawaii. Now she wants text messaging added, which is more money per month, not to mention I'm sure she'd like a "cooler" phone. Not that she always takes it with her and has it on :grumpy:

Parenthood :sigh: :wink:

:lol: Maddy sounds like a good kid. Sarah isn't materialistic. She didn't even want a cell phone till she got it. They she got playing with it, and she's like "this is the coolest thing ever, how did I live without it?" :drool: But she's never been much for talking on the phone, anyway. She's just on a pay as you go plan, because she hardly uses it. And now that she's older, it's like pulling teeth trying to find out what she wants for gifts. :angry: Usually, her response is "oh, just money for clothes is fine."

To be honest, I haven't a clue the significance of megapixels....I just wanted to be cool like everyone else. :sad:

Lila, it's the powershot A95. :drool: It came with everything, (even a set of batteries!!) and I lurve it.
The flippity screen I cannot overemphasive....very handy. And good zoom too.
Not to mention, the photoprogram that came with it is also easy and handy...not that I'm an expert.
This is my first dig camera.

VP...thread, what thread? :shifty:

And my cell phone is soooo old. But I still love it. I've been looking at new ones, but I can't justify the prices yet I can't deny myself some of the gadjets...so I keep my tried and true friend blue.
Pay as you go :drool:

Not if only Tre and I could figure out why we can't text eachother :sad:

Texting Tre. Hmmm.

I have a digital camera that I bought in Tokyo, because I thought it'd be neat to have a camera that I physically bought in Tokyo. And so far, it's been pretty cool. See that fucked up photo of me in my profile? The camera from Tokyo took it.

~BrightestStar~ said:

VP...thread, what thread? :shifty:

And my cell phone is soooo old. But I still love it. I've been looking at new ones, but I can't justify the prices yet I can't deny myself some of the gadjets...so I keep my tried and true friend blue.
Pay as you go :drool:

Not if only Tre and I could figure out why we can't text eachother :sad:

You know what thread. :angry:

I don't even think my phone works anymore. I haven't put $$ on it for a few months, and just before that, I got a letter from my company saying the model is becoming obsolete. :lol: Again, I hardly ever use it, so I can't justify getting a new one. Although both Sarah and I will be needing one when she goes to school in the fall, and we'll be needing to get on a plan, too.

I'm shopping around for a plan with decent long distance rates.

Thanks for the info guys - trying to make sure Maddy isn't materialistic. That's the last thing I need :crack: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I wasn't gonna get a new phone or get her one either, but a phone was on her Xmas list last year, and we were going to Hawaii for the concert, so... I tried to get myself a cheap camera phone and gave her my old one. Her dad has the same old one as well. You should have seen him cursing it in the car last week, trying to dial and drive on the way to the Police show. So happy we weren't sitting together :happy:

Lila64 said:
Thanks for the info guys - trying to make sure Maddy isn't materialistic. That's the last thing I need :crack:

If she was raised not to be, I'm sure she won't be. :) And even if she does go through a brief stage of it during adolescence, I'm sure it won't be lasting, and she'll revert to normal in no time. :)

It's weird, Sarah has always gotten plenty, she's an only child, and on both sides, the only grandchild in many years (she has a ton of older cousins)...but yet she's never expected it, or had a sense of entitlement about it. And, I've always had the sense that she'd be just as content without the things, which makes me happy. :)

No spoken words said:
Texting Tre. Hmmm.

I have a digital camera that I bought in Tokyo, because I thought it'd be neat to have a camera that I physically bought in Tokyo. And so far, it's been pretty cool. See that fucked up photo of me in my profile? The camera from Tokyo took it.

GFY

I have the same phone as my Grandpa :cute: :lol:

It was some deal Bell did....Phone in a can? :lol: I can't remember, but I've never paid extra for texting, just for the texts themselves..which according to bells pamphlets, now a days I would have to pay a certain rate each month just to have the ability.
My phone can also apparently access the web...I've never tried it for fear of the bill...but god's know what it would look like. It's got an old skool screen...

VP, I have no idea what you're talking about. :angel:

My phone is a piece of shit, which gives me the freedom to fling it occasionally, because I care not if it breaks.

I'm going to try to text Tre. I don't have his #, but fuck it, I think I can pull it off. Because I get shit like that done.

RedrocksU2 said:
At least Maddy doesn't need earbuds.:wink:

nor do I :kiss:

lila how about a shop with mom pass? You know how much you want to spend go spend it together. shopping is one of the only things my mom and I do together :slant:

You can get a new phone in the states for free after rebate. Cell phones are pretty cheap, not counting that new one by that apple company

~BrightestStar~ said:
I have the same phone as my Grandpa :cute: :lol:

:lmao:

It was some deal Bell did....Phone in a can? :lol: I can't remember, but I've never paid extra for texting, just for the texts themselves..which according to bells pamphlets, now a days I would have to pay a certain rate each month just to have the ability.
My phone can also apparently access the web...I've never tried it for fear of the bill...but god's know what it would look like. It's got an old skool screen...

VP, I have no idea what you're taling about. :angel:

Mine came in a can, too! :lmao: But it doesn't text. Hence my texting difficulties when I do attempt it. :shifty:

You know exactly what i mean. :rolleyes:

Can't you get a new fancy phone thru work NSW? Tell then you want an iPhone on top of it. Do you ever watch the Colbert Report? VP probably saw this. He's been basically begging for one all week (probably longer). He was going to review it, but when the night came, he reviewed the pretend one (air) in his hand. And The Daily Show had correspondent Rob Riggle looking to buy one. He was told they were 5 99 and he said he'd get about 10. Then they clarified it was $599, and he was no longer happy. I guess you had to be there. Sorry.

This is where you tell me to STFU

VintagePunk said:

:lmao:

Mine came in a can, too! :lmao: But it doesn't text. Hence my texting difficulties when I do attempt it. :shifty:

You know exactly what i mean. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't laugh....my grandpa is hip and new!!!

No seriously, he got a new hip.

Omg, I wonder what would happen if I texted him...:hmm:

:lol:
I can't remember....do we have the same phone? How many could possibly have come in cans??

And your phone has nothing to do with your inability to text. :tsk:

RedrocksU2 said:
At least Maddy doesn't need earbuds.:wink:

True, cuz she uses her iPod boombox. So I guess that means her mother gets to use them. :hi5:

:kiss:

and it wasn't even her birthday :tsk:

you know I kid Carlos :shifty: :hug:

Suppers Ready! And I ain't talking about Genesis :wave:

BBL

Lila, I could get a new one through work, yes, but the problem is that they'll give me a blackberry and that's the last fucking thing I want. I'm the only person there at my level who does not have one, and I want it to stay that way.

Brighty is practicing her stand-up routine in the thread tonight.

Back
Top Bottom