The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

He is an atheist/agnostic, he has no faith.

Heathen. At least I'm an agnostic aligned with a people who are spiritual. Except for those who aren't. And then there's the whole confusion regarding is it an ethnicity or a religion. But other than that, yeah.

VintagePunk said:

Heathen. At least I'm an agnostic aligned with a people who are spiritual. Except for those who aren't. And then there's the whole confusion regarding is it an ethnicity or a religion. But other than that, yeah.

I'm an agnostic Jew, as well as a Jewish agnostic. I don't even know.

I'm not really at all an athiest, actually.

So, I'm really a Catholic/Agnostic. Agnostic in theory, Catholic in practice.

I'm an atheist with no balls. :up:

I identify as agnostic because I have an open mind. If I ever heard evidence, or if any aspect of any religion resonated with me, I'd be on board. But nothing yet.

Sarah leans more toward atheism than I do. It was funny when she went around visiting universities and she would tell people she was interested in Religious Studies. The inevitable "are you religious?" question would come, and when she replied no, she got some pretty strange looks.

I'm evolving.

Got Bar Mitzvah'd, so, good Jew = me.

Got older, started to question things. Theologically, that is, as there are many things about Judaism that I truly feel are wonderful and should and could apply to anyone that wants to live a "good" life.

Got a little older, and started to hedge my best, enter agnostic thoughts.

Older still, and agnosticism begins to eclipse all other things.

Cut to now, and if I'm honest with myself, I'm now starting to let Atheism waltz on into the picture.

I'm baptized and confirmed and all that, so I'm as Catholic as anybody else. Except the priests and nuns.

Ideologically, I'm more agnostic. I'd identify with a religion if any of them matched my beliefs.

I'm so unsure about it, but, more than anything, I've kind of stopped caring about whether God exists or not. Maybe I am an athiest.

No spoken words said:

Got older, started to question things.

:up: The more I learned, the more I questioned, to the extent that the answers I came up with were not favorable to being a believer.

One weird thing though - when I'm troubled, or when something really great happens, I sometimes pray. Not a wildly elabourate prayer, I don't even know any of those, just a "oh shit, help," or "thanks!"

I haven't figured out what that means in the grand scheme of things, whether it's just a carry-over from when I was younger, or if it's something more meaningful.

I should add that I do not think on it all that much. But when you have brain power like mine, even a little bit of time spent thinking of a subject yields insanely high results.

VintagePunk said:

:up: The more I learned, the more I questioned, to the extent that the answers I came up with were not favorable to being a believer.

One weird thing though - when I'm troubled, or when something really great happens, I sometimes pray. Not a wildly elabourate prayer, I don't even know any of those, just a "oh shit, help," or "thanks!"

I haven't figured out what that means in the grand scheme of things, whether it's just a carry-over from when I was younger, or if it's something more meaningful.

Or, you could be hedging your bets. :)

(I pray still, I'm a hypocrite)

ETA - Best = bets.

Last edited:
One of the songs I've written is about my general skepticism with religion and all. I think it's an interesting songwriting subject. Other than that, not much thought.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm baptized and confirmed and all that, so I'm as Catholic as anybody else. Except the priests and nuns.

Ideologically, I'm more agnostic. I'd identify with a religion if any of them matched my beliefs.
yeah, that sounds like me. not that anyone asked. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom