The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

Please do. After I punch your face in, I'll offer to represent you in court against myself.

:lol:

And Mia's reply cracked me up to. I aspire to be as witty as y'all. :pray:

No spoken words said:

Please do. After I punch your face in, I'll offer to represent you in court against myself.

Interesting plan. I'll probably say no, then scatter some coins around the court to distract you when you defend yourself because you're too cheap to get a lawyer.

phillyfan26 said:

Interesting plan. I'll probably say no, then scatter some coins around the court to distract you when you defend yourself because you're too cheap to get a lawyer.

What religion are you again? What branch of Christianity?

He's a Catholic. Which makes me laugh. He's mad at your people cause they killed one Jew, but his people killed A LOT of Jews.

People are funny like that. I had a buddy who used to laugh if I slept with peoples girlfriends, but he got real mad when I slept with his girlfriend.

No spoken words said:
Too easy to mock, I'll take a pass.

I go to Church every Sunday and whatnot, but don't believe in most of the stances.

Mock away.

phillyfan26 said:

I go to Church every Sunday and whatnot, but don't believe in most of the stances.

Mock away.

If you could choose for yourself without upsetting your family, would you continue to attend the church you currently go to, go to a different one, or none at all?

Dalton said:
What kind of church, U2 Dem?

That's a broad question.

It's a mainline protestant, specifically the denomination is Christian Church Disciples of Christ. We're a lesser known denomination but I love it. People are very open minded and we enjoy challenging each other's beliefs rather than being told what to think.

VintagePunk said:

:lol:

How does that work? Has he put in his time and now he's exempt, or should he still be attending services?

Either way, good for him. :)

Ethically, retired ministers are not allowed to go back to the church they had just been serving because in the past ministers have meddled with the search process for a new minister, and have over stepped their bounds with new ministers, so the old ministers now have to stay out of the process completely.

Dalton said:
What in the hell does the pancreas do anyways?

I know nothing about bio or anatomy or whatever, but at the very least the pancreas releases insulin whenever we consume glucose or carbs, so they can be broken down and converted into energy.

VintagePunk said:
If you could choose for yourself without upsetting your family, would you continue to attend the church you currently go to, go to a different one, or none at all?

I still like going for the community thing. I'd say if I did it purely based on my views, I'd be somewhere between agnostic and athiest, and wouldn't be going to church.

Dalton said:
What in the hell does the pancreas do anyways?

Insulin. Balances all the sugars that enter your body. I know this in great detail thanks to my brother's diabetes.

Dalton said:
So, I got Lily to laugh for the first time ever this morning. Pretty much the highlight of my day.

I like when your internal douche bag meter gets too high for your own liking, so you post something like this to achieve balance.

Cute, though.

:)

U2democrat said:

Ethically, retired ministers are not allowed to go back to the church they had just been serving because in the past ministers have meddled with the search process for a new minister, and have over stepped their bounds with new ministers, so the old ministers now have to stay out of the process completely.

Ah, that makes complete sense. :up:

Does he miss aspects of it, or is he just relieved, the way many newly retired people are?

No spoken words said:

I know nothing about bio or anatomy or whatever, but at the very least the pancreas releases insulin whenever we consume glucose or carbs, so they can be broken down and converted into energy.

So you can't live without it? It sounds like the type of thing that we could manufacture a suitable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom