The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from classes.

I want to thank all of y'all in giving me support, and having faith in my decision, whatever I may decide :hug:

I figure either way I'll be happy, and either way I'll feel some regret.

If this were any other election I'd be gone in a heartbeat, but it has echoes of 1968, and I want to do everything in my power to make it have a better outcome than 1968 had.

U2democrat said:
Back from classes.

I want to thank all of y'all in giving me support, and having faith in my decision, whatever I may decide :hug:

I figure either way I'll be happy, and either way I'll feel some regret.

If this were any other election I'd be gone in a heartbeat, but it has echoes of 1968, and I want to do everything in my power to make it have a better outcome than 1968 had.

:hug:

unico said:
wtf 6 pages? i ain't reading that. give me a synopsis.

Wow. :ohmy: It was quite fascinating, actually. It talks about Israel's Rabbanical Court, and the difficulty that Jews have in proving their Jew-ness in order to marry in a religious ceremony in Israel. In particular, the people who have problems are those who either were born in other countries, or those whose parents (specifically mothers - Jews are matrilineal) were born elsewhere. Also, there is a huge divide, and thus, trouble proving to the Orthodox organization, for Conservative/Reform Jews. It's all framed in the context of one woman's attempts to prove that she is indeed Jewish, in order to marry.

VintagePunk said:

Wow. :ohmy: It was quite fascinating, actually. It talks about Israel's Rabbanical Court, and the difficulty that Jews have in proving their Jew-ness in order to marry in a religious ceremony in Israel. In particular, the people who have problems are those who either were born in other countries, or those whose parents (specifically mothers - Jews are matrilineal) were born elsewhere. Also, there is a huge divide, and thus, trouble proving to the Orthodox organization, for Conservative/Reform Jews. It's all framed in the context of one woman's attempts to prove that she is indeed Jewish, in order to marry.

whoa...that's weird. how do you prove that? :scratch: i guess i should just read the article. i could've finished it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom