The Temple Bar - Dalton and the Rescue Pet Team ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Laura, my only advice to you:

Release me to my death. There are great reasons to go, there are no reasons for me to stay. You've been told to remove my heart, cannot argue with that, but I'd say follow your instincts. You're a smart girl who likely has not taken too many missteps in her life and is probably great with a knife. So, you typically make good incisions, yes? If so, your gut feelings are likely correct.....so listen to that and end me. Nobody ever listens to me, so, it's better this way.

Chin up and all that, buddy.

unico said:
.OMG LYNNOK I FORGOT!!! YOU MUST GO TO THE BADASS CAFE! THEY HAVE PULLEYS!

Unico, Can I have that again but in English this time? Pulleys? For things to be lifted? Like simple machines? Or is this Drink?

The idea of me and the other dorks going to a place called the Badass Cafe is too good to pass up.

Oh and Kilmainham Gaol was really sad, but a must see because it is so historic :up:

Thora I have some pics online. This is Bad Ass cafe

IMG_0638.JPG

lynnok said:

Unico, Can I have that again but in English this time? Pulleys? For things to be lifted? Like simple machines? Or is this Drink?

The idea of me and the other dorks going to a place called the Badass Cafe is too good to pass up.

yeah for things to be lifted. they send orders through them. it's awesome. the server let me try it a few times and i was giggling like mad.

ThoraSEB said:
lynnok, the pulley system brings your order to the kitchen. It looks so cool inside! Plus, the logo is pretty damn awesome!

Real Pulleys? Hot Spit! That sounds like something we dorks can get into. Plus there will be opportunities to add to my Beer glass and bar coaster collection

Yeah, I was on a fairly strict budget so that I wouldn't run out of money while I was in Europe, so I didn't buy anything from there. I wasted too much money on beer at the pubs while I was in Ireland instead of buying more fun souvenirs. :tsk: :giggle:

I'd love to go back some day too! :)

ThoraSEB said:
Yeah, I was on a fairly strict budget so that I wouldn't run out of money while I was in Europe, so I didn't buy anything from there. I wasted too much money on beer at the pubs while I was in Ireland instead of buying more fun souvenirs. :tsk: :giggle:

I'd love to go back some day too! :)

i thought i'd run into the same problem, but i can count how many drinks i actually bought myself on one hand. i made some awesome friends there, and the local men were very generous :)

unico said:

i thought i'd run into the same problem, but i can count how many drinks i actually bought myself on one hand. i made some awesome friends there, and the local men were very generous :)

That they were! :yes: I got bought drinks very regularly, but some nights I wasn't as lucky. I have never been bought so many drinks, or gotten hit on as much as I did when I was in Ireland. It was awesome!

Men in Ireland buy drinks? Wow, that doesn't happen here. I may be exaggerating slightly but if a man here opens his wallet to buy a drink moths fly out.

Watch, I'll bet you that nobody offers to buy me a drink

ThoraSEB said:

That they were! :yes: I got bought drinks very regularly, but some nights I wasn't as lucky. I have never been bought so many drinks, or gotten hit on as much as I did when I was in Ireland. It was awesome!

Haha yeah! It's great. Everyone there was so friendly. I stayed in a low-income drug infested area, but was treated with nothing but respect and hospitality. Talking about it really makes me miss it.

lynnok said:
Men in Ireland buy drinks? Wow, that doesn't happen here. I may be exaggerating slightly but if a man here opens his wallet to buy a drink moths fly out.

Watch, I'll bet you that nobody offers to buy me a drink

Oh yes they do! I think perhaps it is the culture or something. Over here, if a man offers to buy a drink (that isn't a friend) I figure he's probably trying to get some. But over there that's not the case at all! You're going to be pleasantly surprised :)

I really miss it too. :sad: I don't get to talk about it all that often, because my friends heard all about it for ages after I came back, and are probably sick of me going on and on about it. :lol:

lynnok, I've sent that PM to you. :)

ThoraSEB said:
I really miss it too. :sad: I don't get to talk about it all that often, because my friends heard all about it for ages after I came back, and are probably sick of me going on and on about it. :lol:

same here. i was all "dublin this dublin that", i'm sure my colleagues and professors were sick of it within the first week of my return.

unico said:

Oh yes they do! I think perhaps it is the culture or something. Over here, if a man offers to buy a drink (that isn't a friend) I figure he's probably trying to get some. But over there that's not the case at all! You're going to be pleasantly surprised :)

Your theory is interesting. If that's true then I'll say that men in Buffalo are looking to get some about as often as the Bills win the Superbowl. :|

I have my list from all you good people and I thank you! Any more will also be appreciated.

lynnok said:

Your theory is interesting. If that's true then I'll say that men in Buffalo are looking to get some about as often as the Bills win the Superbowl. :|

I have my list from all you good people and I thank you! Any more will also be appreciated.

hahaha. good point. perhaps the men in blacksburg were more desperate. afterall, it is blacksburg. sadly, now that i've moved to the northern part of the state, i can't really test it here. i hardly go out to bars anymore :sad:

unico said:

hahaha. good point. perhaps the men in blacksburg were more desperate. afterall, it is blacksburg. sadly, now that i've moved to the northern part of the state, i can't really test it here. i hardly go out to bars anymore :sad:

You mean, the men in Blacksburg didn't put you on the pedestal that you deserve to be on? For shame! :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom