The Temple Bar - Bringin' Fun & Sexytime Back - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB


My friend had the giggles every time he came on screen. She couldn't see him as anything else than Marky Mark. He is actually a decent actor, which totally surprised me.
He's decent all right I've seen The Big Hit about 15 times.
__________________

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 01:28 AM
Snow - at least if you are watching a DVD you can stop or pause and discuss. My other half will talk over or thru a scene. But usually we're not watching movies together. He does that during TV shows and such Then I have to kick his ass out to the bedroom
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
I'll try and watch it soon.


He should be in more movies, and on more shows...like guest parts on things I watch. So I can evaluate his acting skills better, you know?


I like movies, but 1 1/2, 2 hrs is a long time to sit there not doing something else. I don't often have that time. I'd like to be able to see more.
I make the time, since it's something I truly love. For others, it's a sporadic distraction. I'd shoot myself if I had no time, ever, for books and movies and music and sports. This is why I stay up so late, because I work a lot and during the spring/summer play a lot of softball, so I need time for these other things, and late-night is sometimes the only way to get it done.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat


Demanding in that I don't like to sit still, yes but I don't think you plan on sitting still either

The way my professor explains the way Justice Scalia thinks makes me love the law
You're quite right

glad to hear the law is going well for you
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
One of my favorite college classes was Business Law. Studying the different torts was fascinating, at least to me.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Snow - at least if you are watching a DVD you can stop or pause and discuss.
True. I like to be doing things around my house all the time though and movies generally require one room, not flitting everywhere. If I do have chunks of time my addiction is reading so I'll spend time on books before anything else. Lately this has been just a page or two in bed before I fall asleep.


last week I was out of books so I brought readers digest to bed (such is the life of a single girl ). the next morning I went to look for it beside the bed so I could finish reading something and I couldn't find it. I have checked under, around, in the bed and it's nowhere. I've laundered everything and didn't find it when I took the bed apart. I'm so confused /random weirdness
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 01:28 AM
yea I really like it. I've had torts already and this is a bit redundant of contract law but the professor gets so excited when he talks about cases and opinions it's great


I just realized i've been spelling vacuum wrong my whole life

Vegas in June snow?
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Snow, I'm addicted to reading as well. Honestly, I think one could call it an addiction. I do it every day, without fail, it's the big constant in my life more than any other pursuit. I'd go into immediate withdrawal without it, for sure. Perish the thought.

Kat, I always liked my professors when they could inject some passion and emotion into the class. Maybe it made things less than objective, but, that was ok with me. Teaching at its best comes from the head and the heart, or so I think.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774


True. I like to be doing things around my house all the time though and movies generally require one room, not flitting everywhere. If I do have chunks of time my addiction is reading so I'll spend time on books before anything else. Lately this has been just a page or two in bed before I fall asleep.


last week I was out of books so I brought readers digest to bed (such is the life of a single girl ). the next morning I went to look for it beside the bed so I could finish reading something and I couldn't find it. I have checked under, around, in the bed and it's nowhere. I've laundered everything and didn't find it when I took the bed apart. I'm so confused /random weirdness
I've been reading a lot lately, too. I was in a panic the night before last, when I finished a book and realized I had nothing else to read.

I got my daughter to get a couple of books for me from her school library the next day.

Weird about the missing Readers Digest. :twilightzone:
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #115
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Mikeflix offers books, too. I have tons here. I probably cost myself a year of early retirement with my books and DVDs.

VP, your sig is great, that's the only DMB song I can truly say I love.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 04:28 AM
:twilightzone: for sure.

I get magazine subscriptions and keep them as an emergency pile in case I run out of books at night, and the stores are closed. I cannot go to sleep without reading. I was thinking the other day that it if I did meet someone they would have to be a reader as well, just so that they won't be annoyed about the bedtime reading.

Yes Kat - mid June
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #117
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774
:twilightzone: for sure.

I get magazine subscriptions and keep them as an emergency pile in case I run out of books at night, and the stores are closed. I cannot go to sleep without reading. I was thinking the other day that it if I did meet someone they would have to be a reader as well, just so that they won't be annoyed about the bedtime reading.

Yes Kat - mid June
Same here with the reading thing. Might seem Seinfeldian or whatnot, but, I don't think I'd be compatible with someone who was not a bedtime reader. And so single I remain.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 03:28 AM
During my panic-stricken, bookless night, I picked up one that was lying around here - Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I read about 20 pages, and put it down. I'm far from a literary snob, my favourite author is Stephen King, for goodness sake...but I just couldn't abide that one.

I like very few songs by DMB, NSW (I'm all about the acronyms, apparently), but the few I like, I like a lot.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #119
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 04:28 AM
I read that one - it was tough going indeed. Am I the only one that things the Oprah stamp of approval is a death knell as for how much I'll like a book?

Did you read cell yet? I loved it - I bloody well hate phones, I think you should only be able to text on them, so Cell sang to my heart
__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
During my panic-stricken, bookless night, I picked up one that was lying around here - Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I read about 20 pages, and put it down. I'm far from a literary snob, my favourite author is Stephen King, for goodness sake...but I just couldn't abide that one.

I like very few songs by DMB, NSW (I'm all about the acronyms, apparently), but the few I like, I like a lot.
That is a funny contradiction, being a book snob but loving King, who is reviled by self styled "people of letters", but the people of letters too easily discount the power of imagination. Eh.

I think the only other DMB song I like a lot is Ants Marching.

I cannot imagine a bookless night...that's fucking scary.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com