The Temple Bar ~ Bono has "special" powers - honest!.....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:crack:

Our upstairs air conditioning unit has decided to blow out hot air, even when set in the "Off" position...:crack: There is literally a 20 degree difference between the upstairs and downstairs.

knary.gif

Exactly! The upstairs thermostat says its 92 degrees.

Oh, and did I mention our a/c broke yesterday and a repairman came to fix it?

Oh, and did I mention our a/c broke earlier today and a repair man came to fix it?

Yeah. And now it's blowing out hot air. The repair man is on his way back. I feel bad we have to drag him out here on a Friday night (the only reason we're having to be so urgent about it is that we're having 2 showings to potential buyers this weekend). However, I'm hoping that this guy will have some pity on us and not charge us this time...:uhoh: Doubtful.

Man, Vancouver's expensive! The highest I've seen it in TO so far is just under $1.31, but then again I haven't left the apt today :lol:

Good thing TO has a decent transit system!

And I'm not even downtown, where it's generally more expensive! :crack: I live in a suburb 40 minutes outside of the city. It's freaking nuts!

Hey, gang. :shifty:

Sweet! :hi5: Name changes, ftw!

Random question, are most Canadians fluent in both English and French, or just certain portions of the population?

People are fluent all over. I can definitely read French fluently, but speaking it is another matter. :lol: You need French verbs conjugated? I'm your girl. Unfortunately in school we learned more the reading/writing part of it, instead of speaking, which is really ridiculous. However, I can get around okay with my French, which is what matters.

As soon as I opened my mouth in Quebec they'd know me for an Anglo :lol: I did well in it (took it all through high school), could read, write and speak it... but my accent sucked, even back then :wink: Now I'd be even worse! ;)

As soon as I opened my mouth in Quebec they'd know me for an Anglo :lol: I did well in it (took it all through high school), could read, write and speak it... but my accent sucked, even back then :wink: Now I'd be even worse! ;)

Haha, Sarah and a couple of her friends went back to their high school today to do a walk around (parts of it are being torn down soon) and to see some old teachers. The three girls had been in French immersion in elementary school together. Sarah dropped out of that program in grade 9, the second girl stayed in through the end of high school, the third is minoring in French at U of T. They ran into their old French teacher, and the girl who is still taking it and him were speaking in French. Sarah said her and the other girl just stood there listening (they could understand) but mostly not attempting to speak it, just nodding, and putting in the odd "oui" or "non." :lol:

Hey Drea, surviving the heat? :grumpy: We need a (nonsexual) panting smiley...

So far not bad - didn't have to turn my fan on till about 5pm, and it's still on low... I see that not lasting very long if it gets as hot as they're predicting for the rest of the weekend though! :lol:

Last edited:
Well, the repair man just left...and he left my mom and I thoroughly confused...I don't even know where to begin :shrug:

He's out of town until monday evening, so hopefully it'll hold up between now and then. It's supposedly cooling now but it's kind of sketch.

The temp's gone from 92 to 85! :happy:

We get this High Def channel called simply "Music HD", and tonight they played Storytellers-Bruce Springsteen from 2005 :drool: I naturally recorded it, it looks and sounds spectacular.

Believe it or not, when I posted that I was thinking to myself I hope she's not a kiwi or I'm gonna get killed! :lol:

Geez, it's worse than India/Pakistan! :yikes::wink:

Back
Top Bottom