The Temple Bar ~ Bono has "special" powers - honest!.....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! I don't think the bar has been this funny in quite some time! I mean... Beav, Reg, the Taco Bell rap... hilarious!

BoMac, sorry about the game! :heterosexualman:hug::

May I implore you all, when you get a call from a campaign volunteer asking which way you may be leaning and/or what's important to you, PLEASE be nice :pray: It's people like me making those calls for hours on end.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I told you I'm watching the game at 8 o'clock....it's only 9!!

ETA: Well, it's alright. It's 2-0 now, so I know Italy is in tough. :sad: I just saw the final score. *sniff* Thanks for the hug.

Last edited:
Actually, most people were either not home (or screening their call) or it was the wrong number/disconnected.

Most of the people I was actually able to talk to supported Warner though, which is very good :up:

Oh man... BoMac, I'm really sorry! I kinda assumed that it was a simultaneous broadcast in US and Canada. I shouldn't have. Thought it was gonna be only highlights at first but they ended up showing the whole game from 5 to 7. So I figured you would have already known the result. :(

Oh man... BoMac, I'm really sorry! I kinda assumed that it was a simultaneous broadcast in US and Canada. I shouldn't have. Thought it was gonna be only highlights at first but they ended up showing the whole game from 5 to 7. So I figured you would have already known the result. :(

Haha, no worries man. Two national Canadian cable sports networks are sharing the Euro Championships, TSN and Sportsnet. Each network broadcasts two groups, with games on alternating days. One network shows the games live, and the other repeats the games in their entirety, from 8-10 and 10-12. This is for future reference. :p :wink:

Still, it would be great for you to be thrust into the presidential race. :)

Actually it's a coordinated campaign, so we're not only calling to see where people lean for or against Warner, but how they lean between Obama and McCain as well. It was about 50/50 between Obama and McCain, but the Obama supporters were strong, and the McCain supporters were soft.

the Obama supporters were strong, and the McCain supporters were soft.

That's awesome news! :) Especially in VA, no? I've had a strong feeling all along that Republican voters won't exactly turn out in droves, this time.

Btw, went out a while ago, and their are branches and trees down all over the city. And, I found out today that there was a very large funnel cloud that nearly touched down just a few blocks from me. :yikes:

Laura, if you get to talk to Kaine for any reason (I know you two are tight), tell him I said THANK YOU for commuting that execution today. And give him a big sloppy smooch for me. I owe him a few, actually.

Laura, if you get to talk to Kaine for any reason (I know you two are tight), tell him I said THANK YOU for commuting that execution today. And give him a big sloppy smooch for me. I owe him a few, actually.

:lol:

Well I thanked him back in September for his leadership during 4-16, I'll definitely give him kudos for commuting the execution :up:

Back
Top Bottom