The Temple Bar ~ Bono has "special" powers - honest!.....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was teaching in China, my first-graders looked at me in complete disgust when I combined milk and cookies for a lesson. They had never heard of such a thing. :sad:

That memory just came to mind as I was reading this thread. :wink:

My sister lives in Hong Kong. She has a housekeeper over there, who used to freak out on a regular occasion over what sort of food and combinations we eat!! :lol: My sister's got her used to it now......

When I was teaching in China, my first-graders looked at me in complete disgust when I combined milk and cookies for a lesson. They had never heard of such a thing. :sad:

That memory just came to mind as I was reading this thread. :wink:

Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere than Asians have a much higher rate of lactose intolerance, so they don't drink much milk? :hmm:

Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere than Asians have a much higher rate of lactose intolerance, so they don't drink much milk? :hmm:

I'm not entirely sure, but I can tell you that the milk they have there is different from over here. It has a different taste, at least. That's one thing I really missed when I was over there, especially decent ice cream. :sad:

DSCF2128.jpg

Mmm... cookies :drool:

Our dress code at work has been relaxed until the fall! :yippie: I can't tell you how excited I am that I can now wear jeans every day! :D They've never done anything like this before, so it's going over very well with everyone.

Yeah that's what I have heard too. Although we used to drink a lot of milk in India. It hasn't affected me or anyone I know. But for a brief while last year I did wonder if I had lactose intolerance based on some symptoms. The test proved to be negative though, thank god!

Was it CKO'd? :hmm:

What a day... I will have to tape part of the Lakers game tonight. Maddy has an award thing at school at 7:00pm. Don't they know better? :tsk:

Cookies :drool:

Hopefully the series will be competitive and close as in the Bird/Magic days... I imagine there's a lot of 'old-school' fans on both sides chomping at the bit for the game to start :wink:

THANK GOODNESS FOR INTERNETS!!!!!!!!

I've been internet-less since Sunday :crack: I practically had the shakes on Tuesday without all the political blogs :crack:

But yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Obama!!!!!! :yippie::yippie::yippie: Naturally he came to Virginia today when I was on my way back from North Carolina.

So have I missed much on the blue crack in the last few days?

ETA-Where'd my sig go? :scratch:

Last edited:
THANK GOODNESS FOR INTERNETS!!!!!!!!

I've been internet-less since Sunday :crack: I practically had the shakes on Tuesday without all the political blogs :crack:

But yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Obama!!!!!! :yippie::yippie::yippie: Naturally he came to Virginia today when I was on my way back from North Carolina.

So have I missed much on the blue crack in the last few days?

ETA-Where'd my sig go? :scratch:

you have no idea... I was so thinking of you on tuesday nite girly!! I was saying here, I bet Laura is going nuts right now.. :D What a amazing nite huh? wow...the air is buzzing thats for sure.. History in the making. Now its on to November...right..

TiVo, tape, record. WhatEVER. I won't be here watching it live after 6:30 :grumpy:

lakers.gif

Hold me :(

Hopefully the series will be competitive and close as in the Bird/Magic days... I imagine there's a lot of 'old-school' fans on both sides chomping at the bit for the game to start :wink:

I agree Drea - should be a great series. I can't decide if it will be the Lakers in 6 or 7 :scratch:

Hi Laura :wave: We were all thinking of you on Tuesday. WB! :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom